Best way to watch live footage of Dakar Bikes?

hyler199
If you havent already heard 100 times, Andrew Short is riding the Dakar Rally in a couple days.
In a perfect world Id wish to only watch the bike footage but will be happy with a reliable stream. I hope he gets to the finish line safe and sound.
|
MJC
1/2/2018 1:52am
The Dakar app is excellent (usually) but over here and I assume online, they show a half hour daily update.
If you look at all the top riders, they pretty much all started as mx riders and have used their raw speed to excel in endurance/rally races.
I love the bikes, but man the trucks are amazing to watch too. Those Russians are nuts
MelonFan123
1/2/2018 8:07am
https://www.dakar.com/en

At the top left of the page, click "official broadcasters" and it lists the various channels carrying the race. In the US it will be on NBC Sports.

Shorty is the big name from moto but fellow American Ricky Brabec should be a frontrunner. He won a stage last year and is slated as one of Honda's premiere guys. Just saw a PR on the site and it mentioned Bryce Menzies is racing for MINI - he's a Red Bull backed off road truck/Baja racer.
1/2/2018 9:00am
In Dakar there isn't such thing as a live video stream. You can watch the tracking of the waypoints and checkpoints though. I recommend www.trackingdakar.com
Here in the Netherlands a television station has a compilation with the most important things of that day every evening. Don't know about the coverage worldwide though. I know Eurosport usually also shows some Dakar stuff.
BobbyM
1/2/2018 9:02am
Big balls to just race this event.

The Shop

philG
1/2/2018 12:17pm
This guy is doing Malle Moto for the second time, this year he has a full video edit crew to do a daily update.

Loads of stuff of his on youtube, well worth a follow

Xeno
1/2/2018 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2018 1:08pm
I usually follow the live timing on the Dakar website, then I watch the day's highlight show- in the US it will be on NBCSN. They usually only show the front runners on the highlight show.
hyler199
1/2/2018 1:49pm
philG wrote:
This guy is doing Malle Moto for the second time, this year he has a full video edit crew to do a daily update. Loads of...
This guy is doing Malle Moto for the second time, this year he has a full video edit crew to do a daily update.

Loads of stuff of his on youtube, well worth a follow

Wow coincidentally I watched the 1 hour Malle Moto video AdventureSpec posted from his last go at it. It what got me to post this thread too cause it reignited my awe of the race itself. thanks for the help guys im sure other people are interested too
philG
1/2/2018 2:12pm
hyler199 wrote:
Wow coincidentally I watched the 1 hour Malle Moto video AdventureSpec posted from his last go at it. It what got me to post this thread...
Wow coincidentally I watched the 1 hour Malle Moto video AdventureSpec posted from his last go at it. It what got me to post this thread too cause it reignited my awe of the race itself. thanks for the help guys im sure other people are interested too
You need to watch all of his 'Races2Places' series.. 7 so far , plus race specials.. he is a guy i used to race supermoto with, who went big into adventure riding. Nice bite sized shows, 10 mins a pop. Nothing about the guy to not like.

Post a reply to: Best way to watch live footage of Dakar Bikes?

The Latest