Tall rider - Need advice

idworx
11/14/2019 4:26am
idworx wrote:
Yes, when you go longer on the "top tube" on the MX bike for an XL for example to make the bike fit, you could make...
Yes, when you go longer on the "top tube" on the MX bike for an XL for example to make the bike fit, you could make the head angle slightly steeper to compensate in the handling area.
Crush wrote:
Looking at MTB though, they don't do that... being centred on the bike, literally between the wheels is what they're really pushing. Lots of them are...
Looking at MTB though, they don't do that... being centred on the bike, literally between the wheels is what they're really pushing. Lots of them are doing size relative chain stays, steeper seat tubes, longer reach etc.

If you're tall on an MX bike, you naturally will sit back further unless you close up your leg angles etc. The 2Tall kit is good for that as it draws you into the mid-point where shorter rides sit/stand naturally... but a completely longer wheelbase, proportionally done (ie, swingarm, frame points etc) would be the ultimate.

$$$$$$$$!!!!!
yeah, I don't agree with these "modern" mtb geometries: I like longer chain stays still, mid size top tubes and more moderate angles. I am old school Wink

The Shop

Post a reply to: Tall rider - Need advice

The Latest