Best way to cheat, PED's or big bore 250?

3/7/2018 1:44pm
"In Supercross, PEDs in 250s as they aren't drug tested like the 450 class."

Interesting... Cooper Webb..?
He also said that outdoors both classes are tested, so surely Cooper would have been tested when he was winning the outdoor championship........ Blink
Johnny Depp
3/7/2018 1:48pm
"In Supercross, PEDs in 250s as they aren't drug tested like the 450 class."

Interesting... Cooper Webb..?
He also said that outdoors both classes are tested, so surely Cooper would have been tested when he was winning the outdoor championship........ Blink
They can't catch anyone that doesn't jump right into their trap. It's a joke.

Why would anyone putting a fresh top end on a 250 not go big bore?
3/7/2018 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2018 1:54pm
They can't catch anyone that doesn't jump right into their trap. It's a joke. Why would anyone putting a fresh top end on a 250 not...
They can't catch anyone that doesn't jump right into their trap. It's a joke.

Why would anyone putting a fresh top end on a 250 not go big bore?
It happens more than you think. But here is the catch...

If a team gets caught, the Japanese will NEVER forgive you for it. There's greater risk in the big bore route for a team, even if I know of factory teams that have cheated plenty.

So with that said, go the PED route.

Tough thing about PEDs is if you dont have a rider willing to commit to the training necessary, you're not gonna get results. Whereas the big bore is guaranteed performance gain.
B DUB 333
3/7/2018 2:10pm
GuyB wrote:
Asking for a friend?
B DUB 333 wrote:
Guy would you mind explaining what these peds and tou things are? I checked quick on it's like new blood and a bunch of chemicals I've...
Guy would you mind explaining what these peds and tou things are? I checked quick on it's like new blood and a bunch of chemicals I've never heard of. What the heck will fresh blood do?
Braaaphole wrote:
I believe the new blood thing you're referring to is commonly called blood doping. It's what Lance Armstrong admitted to doing. Basically the athlete goes in...
I believe the new blood thing you're referring to is commonly called blood doping. It's what Lance Armstrong admitted to doing. Basically the athlete goes in as if they are donating blood. That blood is stored and preserved. The body naturally makes up for the loss of blood that was taken. I don't know the exact time frame, but somewhere very close to race day, that blood is put back in the body. This then increases the red blood cell count and allows the body to carry more oxygen in the blood stream. It's only really beneficial for extreme endurance situations and the average person could never tell the difference.

As far a chemicals, there's tons of different things out there that can help. HGH, SARMS, Pro Hormones, and steroids of all different varieties. Some are more difficult to trace than others, different affects, side affects, different half lifes, take your pick.
If you ever choose to go that route, spend a solid 6 months researching before. Know what you're putting into your body and understand how your body is going to react. There's a huge media driven stigma around anabolic steroids that makes them sound like some scary thing and that it will kill you like heroine. Not the case at all, unless abused.
Thanks braaaaap I personally don't need to take anything, I wouldn't hit a triple if I had flubber, but I was interested in that stuff none the less, I think hard work is the best thing to do but it sure seems there's a whole spectrum of crap people use to get even minor gains, it's a shame really

The Shop

Motoxdoc
3/7/2018 2:46pm
Well, if it's 90% rider, 10% bike as some think.....it would stand to reason that PED's would help more.
VicDaMoan03
3/7/2018 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2018 2:51pm
Why not both - big bore and PED's?
yak651
Fantasy
214th
3/7/2018 4:52pm
Well PEDs get you a 2 year ban, big bore gets a slap on the wrist. How lucky are you feeling?
BobPA
3/7/2018 6:03pm
ML512 wrote:
In Supercross, PEDs in 250s as they aren't drug tested like the 450 class. Outdoors, both classes are tested. As for big bores...a few bikes actually...
In Supercross, PEDs in 250s as they aren't drug tested like the 450 class. Outdoors, both classes are tested.

As for big bores...a few bikes actually get tore down every couple rounds, I've seen PC and Geico torn down within the last year or so. If you're suspected, you'll be torn down.
This is one more reason to hate NASCAR. If you win, they'll tear your shit down, but if your engine's illegal, [b]the win stands anyway[/b]. Just...
This is one more reason to hate NASCAR. If you win, they'll tear your shit down, but if your engine's illegal, the win stands anyway. Just ask Richard Petty.

Winning the Daytona 500 is a big deal. On race day I'd just run a 6-liter twin turbo. I want that fucking trophy.

B DUB 333 wrote:
What?! Are you 100% on that? Wouldn't everyone just run a cheater?? Makes no sense. And Nascar sucks because the cars are all the same. It...
What?! Are you 100% on that? Wouldn't everyone just run a cheater?? Makes no sense. And Nascar sucks because the cars are all the same. It used to be a Ford vs a Chevy vs a Dodge, now it's all the same stuff. They should have to run a production block and heads, then the manufacturer would have to actually build a good motor kind of like... oh I don't know, the hemi, the Ford 427 side oiler, and chevys are junk so I can't think of one of their motors but I'm sure they had some soup can in a paint can at some point
Chevy’s are junk he says Laughing . You must have taken one too many trips without any luggage back in the day. Fords have struggled to make power since the 50’s. 2018 and nothing has changed. Mopars and Chevy’s still embarrass the blue oval in every way, shape, and form Whistling
3/7/2018 6:55pm
ML512 wrote:
In Supercross, PEDs in 250s as they aren't drug tested like the 450 class. Outdoors, both classes are tested. As for big bores...a few bikes actually...
In Supercross, PEDs in 250s as they aren't drug tested like the 450 class. Outdoors, both classes are tested.

As for big bores...a few bikes actually get tore down every couple rounds, I've seen PC and Geico torn down within the last year or so. If you're suspected, you'll be torn down.
I was told there are 2 ways to get away with a big bore kit in AMA racing. The first is to only run it in...
I was told there are 2 ways to get away with a big bore kit in AMA racing.

The first is to only run it in the first moto. That was easy to do in the 125cc days.

The other is to zip tie a $100 bill to the spark plug cap in the event of a tear down.

Being "suspected" isnt enough to get busted. Politics matter for both Big Bores & PEDs. After all, if Monster is the title sponsor of the series and your team, you're in good hands.

Now that everyone has advanced electronics, it's not such a big deal but in the early days of the traction control, many teams were upset and protested the advantages Kawi and PC had. Nothing was ever done about it.

I dont know the answer to the OP's question tho.

On one hand the big bore because I put a premium on holeshots. But what good did all those holeshots get Alessi? If Mike had gone down the PED road he likely would have a few championships to his name.

Then again the fastest guy ever on a 125 ran big bore kits and look what it got him, championships and a lot of $$$.

The other OP's question, what good are rules if they arent enforced? They are enforced, when necessary. As in, if a private team or small mfg starts stealing TV time from the guys who pay the bills (Honda, KTM, etc).
Are you saying Stewart ran big bores?

Post a reply to: Best way to cheat, PED's or big bore 250?

The Latest