Best used 250? (2010 or newer)

Related:
Create New Tag

2/20/2019 8:44 AM

I'm sure someone has asked this question already, but I can't find any great resources. What brand/year is the best buy for a 250 four stroke?

|

2/20/2019 8:49 AM

New leftover rmz.

|

2/20/2019 8:58 AM

mxb2 wrote:

New leftover rmz.

This.

For the price of a good used 250f you can get a new rmz250.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/20/2019 9:18 AM

For the money I'd have to agree. I'd be looking for a leftover RMZ

|

2/20/2019 9:37 AM

The one in the best condition.

|

2/20/2019 10:01 AM

Again, leftover RMZ. Used 250f's are a ticking time bomb, watched it happen too many times. JGR last year was selling display 250f's with graphics, exhaust, bars, etc, at 4 grand each.....

|

2/20/2019 10:09 AM

16 YZF 250

|

Ride fast & slap ass

2/20/2019 10:14 AM

2014+ YZ250F. Like mentioned above they fixed a lot of small issues in 2016 that helped add to the reliability.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

2/20/2019 10:31 AM

What's the going price for a leftover RMZ? Any good deals out there??

|

'21 KX250
'20 KTM SX-E5
'21 Husky EE-5
(2) STACYC 16eDrives

2/20/2019 10:46 AM

soopah noviss wrote:

What's the going price for a leftover RMZ? Any good deals out there??

There are good deals to be found, you may just have to drive a bit to get it. Start with big dealers, on Cycletrader per say, then check local Craigslist for dealer specials. I don't think Suzuki sold a ton of them in 17, or 18 either, so there should be a decent supply sitting around collecting dust in showrooms across the land dealers would love to see gone. If you really wanted to look into it, contact Suzuki customer service in Brea, they can tell you what dealers around you have them on hand, then, call the dealer, start the game..... Good luck!

|

2/20/2019 10:53 AM

dadofagun wrote:

Again, leftover RMZ. Used 250f's are a ticking time bomb, watched it happen too many times. JGR last year was selling display 250f's with graphics, exhaust, bars, etc, at 4 grand each.....

Wow that is a smoking deal

|

2/20/2019 12:37 PM

soopah noviss wrote:

What's the going price for a leftover RMZ? Any good deals out there??

Saw an 18 for $4999

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/20/2019 2:25 PM

c0ncEpT wrote:

2014+ YZ250F. Like mentioned above they fixed a lot of small issues in 2016 that helped add to the reliability.

I have to completely disagree with you on this. My 16 and 17 YZ250F’s had horrible valve issues and my 18 YZ450F was the worst bike I’ve ever owned. I have never witness anyone having issues with the 14 or 15 so whatever those changes they made were not good. That or we got dealt a bunch of lemons in Canada.

I would rather buy something new that is a little out dated (RMZ250) than buying someone elses problems. I rode Suzuki’s for years and they were realiable and comfortable.

|

2/20/2019 2:49 PM

foreman52 wrote:

I have to completely disagree with you on this. My 16 and 17 YZ250F’s had horrible valve issues and my 18 YZ450F was the worst bike I’ve ever owned. I have never witness anyone having issues with the 14 or 15 so whatever those changes they made were not good. That or we got dealt a bunch of lemons in Canada.

I would rather buy something new that is a little out dated (RMZ250) than buying someone elses problems. I rode Suzuki’s for years and they were realiable and comfortable.

Really? They looked like stout bikes from the outside looking in...

I’m a Yamaha guy, but you simply can’t ignore the price of leftover or even low hour used RMZ’s. I’m even seeing good pricing on new 19’s

|

2/20/2019 4:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/20/2019 4:24 PM

I Saw a 2019 KX250 they dropped the F apparently for $5600
And 2018 KX250F for 4995
Also saw a New 2017 Honda CRF250 for $4995

|