Best track you have ever ridden?

11/6/2014 9:42am
Jimfunn wrote:
Matchams GP track... RIP!
best track in England when it was revamped for the gp in 05! such a shitty situation that it got shut down.
Jimfunn wrote:
I loved the place. One of the best GP's I've been to as well. I used to go quite a bit in early 2000's when it...
I loved the place. One of the best GP's I've been to as well.

I used to go quite a bit in early 2000's when it was £10, open session, really rough and un-touched and normally only 3-4 people there.
Went there straight after the GP for practice and it was awesome. also rode a Remedies Bar there in (I think) early '06 which was a total wash-out and got cancelled after 1st motos:

i didnt go to the gp but we used to race there regularly with cambridge club. We did the first race there after the gp- the track was amazing! used to get super rough, and was great fun with all the elevation change/ some mega jumps! Had a bit of everything. Never rode there in the wet! I once did a KWS international race there about 05/06(the series that is now the british masters) where it was almost dark when they sent the last race out!!!
jmx411
11/6/2014 9:49am
Parker Valley and Camp Coker
mx_579
11/6/2014 10:00am
My favorite was Swan in Tyler, TX. It's wide open, fast, and gets rough as hell on big race days.
mxnick
11/6/2014 10:09am
Unadilla when they would let the cows graze and the grass grow on it all year , by the third practice it was 2 ft off...
Unadilla when they would let the cows graze and the grass grow on it all year , by the third practice it was 2 ft off top soil that you took out off a bag ,

My fav local track was the original southwoods located behind the Toyota dealer in Monticello ny , the track was built on the side off a mountain and everything but the start was in the woods, and when you where done with your moto you could go cool off in the river that ran all along the pits , if I ever hit the lottery I am buying that place and building a house there
Amen on the old Southwoods, brother.

That place rocked. One lined, but awesome.

Remember all the water moccasins on the river?

The track is still there and apparently some locals still ride it, though it has not been groomed in 25+ years.

Someone posted up a bunch of old scanned photos of that track. They are on the District 34 alumni page on Facebook. Well worth a look.

The Shop

Flip109
11/6/2014 10:39am
Flip109 wrote:
Lake Whitney or mosier valley back in the day
CamP wrote:
This^^^

Mosier was moto mecca before they excavated out all the best dirt in 83/84.
I rode it in the mid and late 90's. I can't imagine the dirt being better than it was!
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
11/6/2014 10:52am
A virgin grass track at Hollister one winter. After than, Plymouth.
JW381
11/6/2014 12:58pm
NorcalVet wrote:
@ JW381 Nope. NorCal / Central Valley --- about 20 mins inland from Turlock / modesto area off of hwy 99 * prepped to perfection by...
@ JW381

Nope. NorCal / Central Valley
--- about 20 mins inland from Turlock / modesto area off of hwy 99
* prepped to perfection by AMP!!!
Oh shit! Gonna have to make a trip! I should have known that, I see qualifiers there. That looks fun as hell. My parents live right off hwy 99 in Eugene I'll just take it all the way haha
JW381
11/6/2014 1:00pm
I have a few favoutes: In 2010 I was in SoCal to ride, and the first track we went to, was Cahuilla. I must say, to...
I have a few favoutes:
In 2010 I was in SoCal to ride, and the first track we went to, was Cahuilla. I must say, to this day it is the best balls out fast motocross track I have ever ridden, so much fun.

Dunkerque in France is pretty awesome to, the track is basically on the same beach, where they ride Le Touquet. Sand doesn't get much deeper that that, and the track is really long.

Tensfeld in Germany is only an hour away from me, and pretty much my favourite sand track in the area. They ride the german mx masters series there every year.

And the all time favoutire, Moia in Spain, incredibly cool. Huge elevation changes, big stepups and downs and perfect red dirt that gets really good when moist.

I've seen a GoPro from that track in Spain before. I'm almost positive that was it. I was so envious.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
11/6/2014 1:09pm
In no particular order, Saddleback, Hollister, Mammoth or Zaca Station. I'd even throw in the Shadow Glenn track at Indian Dunes. loved all those tracks,
PFitzG38
11/6/2014 1:50pm
OW38B wrote:
Racing World National track.........a few days after the 1978 250/125 National. Smile
Ha, I rode that track!! DeSoto Moto, in the back. I want to say it may have even been right after the race on the same day, or it could have been the next weekend. Off camber ruts to my knees. Grass to my shoulders. Could barely navigate it on my YZ100E. Remember standing in line at the snack bar behind Wardy in awe after just watching him race his last mini race a couple / few weeks ago at the WMGP. Pretty sure this was his pro debut.....holeshot!!
11/6/2014 1:59pm
Honeylake
Mammoth
Oatfield
Cahuilla
E-Street
Hollister
Stead
Glen Helen
MX114
11/6/2014 2:44pm
Have to say Cooperland in OK ! Went there for the RM Cup race in 1997 and never have I ridden such awesome dirt with a fun layout. Some others in no order are...

Carlsbad CA (Not the best dirt but cool)
Unadilla AM and Pro track NY
Cauhilla Creek CA
Frozen ocean SX Track 1994-99 NY
Miles Mountain PA
Englishtown NJ
Baja Acres MI
Branson Missourri
joe stanley
11/6/2014 2:51pm
Bulldogs, Millington Mich.......oh wait thats the only track I ride.......
Bultaco
11/6/2014 3:06pm
Baldwin, Kansas.

I also really like the night track at 59th and Douglas, OKC. But the national track at Baldwin, KS was an amazing fun and fast track to race.
rmzrider91
11/6/2014 3:20pm
Id have to say mine is Monster Mountain. Made the 9hr drive a few times. We did stop at Mill Creek the first time we went down and got there before they opened by about a hour. The guy let us in and said the track was prepped and we could ride. That might be my favorite time I've had riding. Track all to ourself and it was groomed deep.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
11/6/2014 3:23pm
Mammoth is the best race I've ever attended, but not the best track.

Barona Oaks is my hometown favorite (literally hometown - you could rider to the track from my buddy's house) but also not the best.

For me, the best track in the world is Glen Helen, one week after a national. The dirt is tilled deep and the sand still remains in the low spots of the track. The hills are gnarly and the laptimes are long. Most of the pro-level obstacles still line the track too. It's the closest thing we mortals will ever get to actually racing a national.
Kawaboy14
11/6/2014 3:41pm
best track Gatorback
most fun Mosier Valley
crusher773
11/6/2014 8:38pm
MX114 wrote:
Have to say Cooperland in OK ! Went there for the RM Cup race in 1997 and never have I ridden such awesome dirt with a...
Have to say Cooperland in OK ! Went there for the RM Cup race in 1997 and never have I ridden such awesome dirt with a fun layout. Some others in no order are...

Carlsbad CA (Not the best dirt but cool)
Unadilla AM and Pro track NY
Cauhilla Creek CA
Frozen ocean SX Track 1994-99 NY
Miles Mountain PA
Englishtown NJ
Baja Acres MI
Branson Missourri
You are off your rocker if you think Branson deserves to be on any list besides the biggest joke of a racetrack ever built. Cooperland was so sick though I miss it so much.
Jack mehoff
11/6/2014 10:21pm
Unadilla when they would let the cows graze and the grass grow on it all year , by the third practice it was 2 ft off...
Unadilla when they would let the cows graze and the grass grow on it all year , by the third practice it was 2 ft off top soil that you took out off a bag ,

My fav local track was the original southwoods located behind the Toyota dealer in Monticello ny , the track was built on the side off a mountain and everything but the start was in the woods, and when you where done with your moto you could go cool off in the river that ran all along the pits , if I ever hit the lottery I am buying that place and building a house there
mxnick wrote:
Amen on the old Southwoods, brother. That place rocked. One lined, but awesome. Remember all the water moccasins on the river? The track is still there...
Amen on the old Southwoods, brother.

That place rocked. One lined, but awesome.

Remember all the water moccasins on the river?

The track is still there and apparently some locals still ride it, though it has not been groomed in 25+ years.

Someone posted up a bunch of old scanned photos of that track. They are on the District 34 alumni page on Facebook. Well worth a look.
I have heard that they ride there also , they where supposed to mine it but never did , I wish southwoods sportsmen could get it back since they don't have a track now , yea the water moccasins where crazy there I wounder why it was like that, I know there is a lot in NYS rivers I guess all the slate around there, I am really tempted to sneak back in there and just take the trespassing charge maybe next year . And the parties the night before where crazy there 2 . Fond mem for sure
plowboy
11/6/2014 11:56pm
Way back in the day...I loved the track at Hughes Springs TX. It was nasty and horrible but I had that bitch dialed. The Boy Scout owned track at Longview TX was fun. Oiled sawdust and sand. Swan was cool with the Gran prix drop away start straight.
Wildeye511
11/7/2014 12:58am
mumbles wrote:
Looks like Washougal wins.......I rode there from 1987 to 2004 then I moved to So Cal. Washougal is golden when the weather is nice. Nothing but...
Looks like Washougal wins.......I rode there from 1987 to 2004 then I moved to So Cal. Washougal is golden when the weather is nice. Nothing but a smile on your face but it did get real croweded on practice days. Ward Creek was another one that was real fun as long as it wasn't wet. Mt. View in Salem Oregon is pretty nice little track also.

I also got the chance to ride Cycle Ranch in San Antonio once when I moved to So Cal back in 2004. My mom lived there at the time. That track had great dirt and a fun layout but it was late Jun and it was over 100 degrees and 85% humidity. It was brutal.

I have to say now that I live in So Cal, I really liked Pala. Not the best track but it had three big bike tracks to choose from and they were all different. I really miss that place. Now I go to Chauilla Creek and The Ranch and sometimes Glen Helen.
I forgot about Wards Creek, that place was great. I only rode there like 5 times, but we had a blast. Some decent elevation changes for being a local track.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
11/7/2014 7:07am Edited Date/Time 11/7/2014 7:07am
The oat field. Next in line would have to be hollister gp.o in northern California, on the right day that place is hard to beat!
Whip
Fantasy
3218th
11/7/2014 7:25am
OW38B
Fantasy
148th
11/7/2014 7:31am
OW38B wrote:
Racing World National track.........a few days after the 1978 250/125 National. Smile
PFitzG38 wrote:
Ha, I rode that track!! DeSoto Moto, in the back. I want to say it may have even been right after the race on the same...
Ha, I rode that track!! DeSoto Moto, in the back. I want to say it may have even been right after the race on the same day, or it could have been the next weekend. Off camber ruts to my knees. Grass to my shoulders. Could barely navigate it on my YZ100E. Remember standing in line at the snack bar behind Wardy in awe after just watching him race his last mini race a couple / few weeks ago at the WMGP. Pretty sure this was his pro debut.....holeshot!!
For sure, I remember you and your brother Ian. We were at many of the same races thru the years......good times.

Magoo at the Racing World National on a 125cc Suzuki.

PalerBlue
11/7/2014 8:29am
I have a few favoutes: In 2010 I was in SoCal to ride, and the first track we went to, was Cahuilla. I must say, to...
I have a few favoutes:
In 2010 I was in SoCal to ride, and the first track we went to, was Cahuilla. I must say, to this day it is the best balls out fast motocross track I have ever ridden, so much fun.

Dunkerque in France is pretty awesome to, the track is basically on the same beach, where they ride Le Touquet. Sand doesn't get much deeper that that, and the track is really long.

Tensfeld in Germany is only an hour away from me, and pretty much my favourite sand track in the area. They ride the german mx masters series there every year.

And the all time favoutire, Moia in Spain, incredibly cool. Huge elevation changes, big stepups and downs and perfect red dirt that gets really good when moist.

JW381 wrote:
I've seen a GoPro from that track in Spain before. I'm almost positive that was it. I was so envious.
We blew up the 250 2t at Dunkerque!

So many great tracks in Spain but Circuit Verd in Moia is special. From the moment you enter the valley and see the track you know you're in for a treat! Not only an MX track but there is also a nice enduro track off and into the woods. We also had a really good (and inexpensive) homecooked meal in the clubhouse afterwards - heaven.
NV825
Fantasy
2711th
11/7/2014 8:30am
1. Silver State Raceway in Carson City (RIP)
2. Mammoth CA
3. Stead (just outside of Reno)
4. Honey Lake CA
5. Cauhilla Creek CA
11/7/2014 1:57pm
The best track you have ever ridden?

Some ranch in Tennissee, I have only had the privilege to be on the track 8 times in my life. Actually the track was kinda dumb, but I would stop at nothing to go back.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
11/7/2014 2:04pm
For me, either Zaca Station or Monster Mountain... Although, I do really miss Pala in its original layout, before they ever held a national.
Factoryphoto
11/7/2014 2:11pm
Not in order
Hangtown
Rainbow mx
pala
Cahuilla
oatfield
Carlsbad when they had the "commotion by the ocean" race was fun
Glen helen
Nothing beats the old halfmoon bay tracks we had in the 90's , the ocean kept the dirt perfect !

Post a reply to: Best track you have ever ridden?

The Latest