Best sand rider

bd
12/28/2012 4:56pm
i'm a massive goat fan but you have to respect the guys who took it too him, even vohland in 99 on the 125
I do not think anyone is disrespecting. Hell.... I respect anyone with a pro number. Furthermore, I respect humans.

RC had a gift.... he was able to increase his speed anytime someone threatened him.

Who took a title from RC when he was not injured?
bd
12/28/2012 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 12/28/2012 6:45pm
ferry?
mc 2000
You speak of Ferry in 1997. RC was a rookie, had no title to defend. Furthermore, RC had more victories than Ferry who had 0 that season.

MC in 2000. MC was defending his title. Correct, MC beat RC that year. However, in 2001, RC found an extra gear and flat out smoked MC. In 2002, when RC defended his title.......... what happened.

To get back on track....... Herlings and AC222 are the fastest sand riders at the moment. The best ever? A lot of riding to go before we can call Herlings the best ever. Its like calling MC2 the best SX rider ever in 1993

The Shop

watson
12/29/2012 11:38am
This is gonna be one of the most beaten dead horses of all time by the time Herlings retires.
12/29/2012 11:58am
ferry?
mc 2000
bd wrote:
You speak of Ferry in 1997. RC was a rookie, had no title to defend. Furthermore, RC had more victories than Ferry who had 0 that...
You speak of Ferry in 1997. RC was a rookie, had no title to defend. Furthermore, RC had more victories than Ferry who had 0 that season.

MC in 2000. MC was defending his title. Correct, MC beat RC that year. However, in 2001, RC found an extra gear and flat out smoked MC. In 2002, when RC defended his title.......... what happened.

To get back on track....... Herlings and AC222 are the fastest sand riders at the moment. The best ever? A lot of riding to go before we can call Herlings the best ever. Its like calling MC2 the best SX rider ever in 1993
I agree with everything you said. You put a totally different angle on this topic. You cannot rate riders that are still riding, you have to go by past riders. So I will go for Stefan Everts.
Paul333
12/29/2012 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2012 12:46pm
I've been following MX since 1981 and I've never seen anybody ride sand like Herlings.

That being said Cairoli just beat him straight up at the MXoN at the sand tracks of all sand tracks - Lommell.
MotoTones
12/29/2012 1:55pm
My question is, if Herlings is able to ride threw rough stuff like nothing, will he be able to transfer that skill over to Supercross whoops?
12/29/2012 4:29pm
Paul333 wrote:
I've been following MX since 1981 and I've never seen anybody ride sand like Herlings. That being said Cairoli just beat him straight up at the...
I've been following MX since 1981 and I've never seen anybody ride sand like Herlings.

That being said Cairoli just beat him straight up at the MXoN at the sand tracks of all sand tracks - Lommell.
I wouldn't say Cairoli beat Herlings straight up. Remember Herlings was on the deck at turn 1.

At last year's MXONs Herlings beat Villipoto in 1 moto so does that mean Villipoto and Herlings are 1 all?
McDizzle
12/29/2012 4:41pm
MXMattii wrote:
I saw allot of great sand riders in real life to name a few: Joël Smets, Stefan Everts, Willy Van Wessel, Remy v. Rees, Leon Giesbers...
I saw allot of great sand riders in real life to name a few: Joël Smets, Stefan Everts, Willy Van Wessel, Remy v. Rees, Leon Giesbers, Cairoli, De Dycker, De Reuver, ... but when you see Herlings then you need to say he's a class on his own in the sand!
Why im i not surprised you said Herlings? mmm
PressPassP
12/29/2012 5:42pm
MotoTones wrote:
My question is, if Herlings is able to ride threw rough stuff like nothing, will he be able to transfer that skill over to Supercross whoops?
I think he'd be pretty awesome indoors,the guy has skills,there was a clip on here of him on a supercross track in Europe and he looked great,I'd like to see him give it a go Smile

Again,the best in sand ever,even at this stage,in the 30+ years I've been riding/watching the sport I've never seen anything like it,from a Moto 2 win then crashing at the start of the last Moto at the Nations and getting that near to AC,and Leirop was even more of a spectical..
1-forty-8
12/30/2012 1:58am
1-forty-8 wrote:
Herlings. And he's only gonna get quicker. To all the people saying RC, who would win out of Herlings vs RC if they were both 18...
Herlings. And he's only gonna get quicker.

To all the people saying RC, who would win out of Herlings vs RC if they were both 18?

And if it was at a "real" sand track?

If Bane was born in the darkness, Jeffrey Herlings was born in the sand.
Well, Herlings should come to Southwick which is an EASY sand track and shut everyone up.....no?
It's only a matter of time before that happens.

And this place will implode, one way or another, when it does lol
Phillips467
12/30/2012 5:15am
My first thought is Herlings, but that is probably because he is evidently the best current sand rider.

But, I would have to give the edge to Everts. He went up some tough competition in the sand, and came out on top most times. However, in a few years once Herlings has built a legacy I can see myself considering him to be the fastest sand rider ever
ATKpilot99
12/30/2012 6:49am
Paul333 wrote:
I've been following MX since 1981 and I've never seen anybody ride sand like Herlings. That being said Cairoli just beat him straight up at the...

I wouldn't say Cairoli beat Herlings straight up. Remember Herlings was on the deck at turn 1. At last year's MXONs Herlings beat Villipoto in 1...
I wouldn't say Cairoli beat Herlings straight up. Remember Herlings was on the deck at turn 1.

At last year's MXONs Herlings beat Villipoto in 1 moto so does that mean Villipoto and Herlings are 1 all?
From watching the telecast it looked to me like Cairoli was just going as fast as he needed to. When Herlings got within range Cairoli stepped it up and he had a relatively comfortable cushion at the checkers. Looked straight up to me.
12/30/2012 7:26am
Paul333 wrote:

I wouldn't say Cairoli beat Herlings straight up. Remember Herlings was on the deck at turn 1. At last year's MXONs Herlings beat Villipoto in 1...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
From watching the telecast it looked to me like Cairoli was just going as fast as he needed to. When Herlings got within range Cairoli stepped...
From watching the telecast it looked to me like Cairoli was just going as fast as he needed to. When Herlings got within range Cairoli stepped it up and he had a relatively comfortable cushion at the checkers. Looked straight up to me.
Thats whay I said in a previous post....
Vanilla
12/30/2012 8:09am

I ride this place in the winter, in the video it looks pretty decent but it's so rough. It's just unreal to see Herlings do a 35min moto like it's nothing on a place like this.

Post a reply to: Best sand rider

The Latest