Best place to sell

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2020 6:16 PM

I absolutely hate the process, what Is everyone’s preferred method for selling MX bikes? I always list everything as detailed as possible with straight forward terms and expectations to lesson the back and forth. Also what do you guys go by to find value?

|

8/21/2020 6:19 PM

Selling anything sucks, shitty people everywhere. Facebook marketplace or here

|

8/21/2020 6:25 PM

It’s one of the hardest things selling a 4 stroke. Best thing to do is Facebook and look at the bikes in your local area. Then lower it every week till it’s gone. I sell cars for a living and selling dirt bikes is a drag.

|

8/21/2020 6:41 PM

JohnnyD13 wrote:

It’s one of the hardest things selling a 4 stroke. Best thing to do is Facebook and look at the bikes in your local area. Then lower it every week till it’s gone. I sell cars for a living and selling dirt bikes is a drag.

Actually have a clean TX300 2stroke and it’s tagged and titled in TN... should hold its value better than most but still hate the process. Im between another 300 but leaning towards a 450, resale of the 4stroke is the only thing holding me back.

|

8/21/2020 10:07 PM

montesagold wrote:

I absolutely hate the process, what Is everyone’s preferred method for selling MX bikes? I always list everything as detailed as possible with straight forward terms and expectations to lesson the back and forth. Also what do you guys go by to find value?

Facebook market right now is selling quick posted my 18 Yz450f up and it was gone in 24hrs guys drove 2 hours each way to get it.

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

8/21/2020 10:26 PM

Don't you mean, best place to sail?

|

8/22/2020 4:46 AM

Easy ways to weed out assholes...

Tell anyone texting or calling to email a photo of their ID. It's a security issue. So you know and have record of show is to show up with cash

Tell the person the bottomline, "Do not show up with less than $X,000.00 in cash"

ALWAYS write "sold AS IS, with no warranty expressed or implied." on bill of sale

|

Make sure you downvote!

8/22/2020 5:34 AM

Facebook .. brush up on your Spanish....

|

8/22/2020 5:39 AM

FB is the best place to sell..

Every time I look at the For Sale page on VitalMX there is a thread about someone being scammed...so I never consider buying anything off here....

|

8/22/2020 7:24 AM

sandman768 wrote:

¿Sigue disponible?

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

8/22/2020 8:10 AM

sandman768 wrote:

It’s not a quad though

|

8/22/2020 8:10 AM

Bennett59 wrote:

Facebook market right now is selling quick posted my 18 Yz450f up and it was gone in 24hrs guys drove 2 hours each way to get it.

Hey dude, how much did you get for your YZ? i’m looking to sell mine too.

|

8/22/2020 8:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2020 8:13 AM

Sold my sons older beater car in less than 48 hours on FB

Asking for an ID weeds out the crooks and criminals. Having a valid ID can do that too. I don’t sell to no one without a valid ID

Tell them to have 100% of the cash on hand, don’t show up $100 shy and say “let’s forget about it” as a ploy to knock some money off.

If anyone is driving it, it’s me.
Otherwise, I hold 100% of the cash and your valid ID for you to test drive/ride it.

|

Make sure you downvote!

8/22/2020 8:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2020 8:19 AM

I sold a 2018 250SX a couple of months ago. I posted it here and in some Facebook groups. I had immediate interest from a guy within an hour of posting it to Facebook and he made an offer, which I accepted a few days later (I wanted to give it some time because I had just posted it). He drove 16 hours each direction. So for me, Facebook seems to be the best place to post a bike nowadays.

|

8/22/2020 9:28 AM

montesagold wrote:

Bennett59 wrote:

stonerb wrote:

Hey dude, how much did you get for your YZ? i’m looking to sell mine too.

I threw it up for 6 had a guy keep haggling me for 500 cheaper the other guy came and no haggle I’m in CA think I could of went 6500 to be honest

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

8/22/2020 9:56 AM

Bennett59 wrote:

I threw it up for 6 had a guy keep haggling me for 500 cheaper the other guy came and no haggle I’m in CA think I could of went 6500 to be honest

nice. appreciate the response.

|

8/22/2020 10:06 AM

I just listed two bikes on FB last night. Already got a question about trading for a PC and a “¿Sigue disponible”...probably still beats CL, but man do I hate selling. Wish me luck.

|

8/22/2020 10:11 AM

The thing I don’t like about FB marketplace is it shows your name. A person can look up your address and steal the bike. I only show mine at the local police dept.

|

8/22/2020 10:17 AM

RonSkj wrote:

Don't you mean, best place to sail?

Sailed to Catalina a few weekends ago, really enjoyed it. 10/10 would recommend.

|

8/22/2020 11:04 AM

another vote for Facebook Marketplace. You could sell a dead bird to a blind kid in less than 24 hours.

|

8/22/2020 11:14 AM

Joko wrote:

The thing I don’t like about FB marketplace is it shows your name. A person can look up your address and steal the bike. I only show mine at the local police dept.

That’s exactly what happened to me. Had mine posted on Marketplace in the next town over and they still managed to google my name and find my address. Had 2 bikes stolen from my garage within 2 days of posting them on FB. So be careful with marketplace or use a false name.

|

8/22/2020 5:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2020 5:13 PM

ti473 wrote:

another vote for Facebook Marketplace. You could sell a dead bird to a blind kid in less than 24 hours.

Photo

I couldn’t resist
|

Thank you,

8/22/2020 6:58 PM

Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, OfferUp, and LetGo.
I've bought and sold several bikes over the last year. FB is the best of the bunch, but nothing wrong with using the others for potential buyers that don't do FB.

Good pictures are key. Having lots of details can make the difference to 25% of potential buyers, but 75% of them are idiots and can't/won't read. In any case expect to get low-balled like crazy. Instead of getting shitty with them, try something like "no, but thanks for the offer". I actually sold a bike for exactly what I was asking to a guy that initially texted me a low-ball offer. After texting back and forth he decided that he wanted it enough to buy it at full pop.

Good luck.

|