Best place to move for moto

kage173
3/30/2018 1:59pm
I just moved to DFW in North Texas and have to believe that it's hard to beat. More racing than I can keep up with and at least a dozen tracks within range. They all have great dirt, most have some elevation change, big trees, ponds and grass where there isn't track. That being said, you can't just ride off into the hills like you can in California because it's mostly private land.

Also, within a couple of hours you have all the Houston tracks or the Oklahoma tracks where Reynard and his guys train and hang out.

Might also want to consider where you fit in the best. Texas is very Texan, and California is Californian.....if you get what I'm saying.
3/30/2018 4:01pm
We have washougal and a couple other low level tracks that hold racing series during the summer. In other words, if you want to ride your...
We have washougal and a couple other low level tracks that hold racing series during the summer. In other words, if you want to ride your dirt bike more than 4-5 months out of the year, don’t move to the PNW. Don’t move here or invest in some good rain gear and be prepared to sharpen up your mud skills.

I’m from SoCal and moved to Oregon and it’s so funny how everyone in the PNW thinks it’s so good for Moto. Trail riding HEAVEN I’ll admit, but not good if you ever want to ride on a track; washougal has racing throughout the summer and like 4-5 practice dates. Pretty embarrassing.
Thank you for the candid response. Also thank you to mattyhamz2 and kdawson252. I mostly want to move there for the nature, not purely for moto. But of course I want it to be moto-compatible!
Dirt222
3/30/2018 6:45pm
If you want the best moto you have to become a snow bird. Summers in Mi. and winters in Fl. Best weather and best dirt.

The Shop

3/30/2018 8:40pm
kb228 wrote:
Ohio is pretty bad. Malvern, route 62, and briarcliff are pretty far away for most people. Plus we onlu get to ride 6 months out of...
Ohio is pretty bad. Malvern, route 62, and briarcliff are pretty far away for most people. Plus we onlu get to ride 6 months out of the year. Id assume texas florida or cali
Ohio ain’t bad. North east Ohio is gold. I got riding options every day of the week during the summer. all within 1.5 hours Or less. We have a lot of practice tracks.

If I feel real crazy I head up to Michigan with some buddies. 2-4 hour drives. Not bad in a carpool in my opinion.
3/30/2018 8:41pm
kage173 wrote:
I just moved to DFW in North Texas and have to believe that it's hard to beat. More racing than I can keep up with and...
I just moved to DFW in North Texas and have to believe that it's hard to beat. More racing than I can keep up with and at least a dozen tracks within range. They all have great dirt, most have some elevation change, big trees, ponds and grass where there isn't track. That being said, you can't just ride off into the hills like you can in California because it's mostly private land.

Also, within a couple of hours you have all the Houston tracks or the Oklahoma tracks where Reynard and his guys train and hang out.

Might also want to consider where you fit in the best. Texas is very Texan, and California is Californian.....if you get what I'm saying.
Haha. Get in where you fit in!
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/30/2018 8:51pm
A lot of good/interesting answers
I'm originally from California
Currently live in Minnesota
And lived in Colorado for a few years .
For those saying Colorado is the best
Have y'all ever ridden anywhere else ?
Just curious