Hando
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 5:58pm
...Besides California.

Criteria:
-Amount of tracks/places to ride
-job prospects (for the rest of us lol)
-competition
-Dirt

I'm thinking Texas and or parts of the Southeast.

I''ve lived in theNortheast and while the tracks here are excellent, its a bit of a pain to ride sometimes due to the congestion.

On a side note: Ohio has/had close to 40 motocross tracks!
|
EastFlorida
11/16/2011 6:47pm
FL is good...many tracks but low turn out due to all the private tracks. The glory is gone for FL Winter Series, etc...
Cygnus
11/16/2011 6:53pm
Colorado sucks don't even think about moving here.
burba437
11/16/2011 6:53pm
i live in south eastern wisconsin its not the best place to ride but its not the worst just within about a half hour theres like 10 big bike tracks and about 6 pit bike tracks the soils kinda crappy nice hard pack dry dirt and hard to keep perfect but we dont have a true race track gotta travel an hour or two and then theres a few more tracks and on the industry standard live like 45 mins from parts-unlimited and my dad works there soo i get sweet discount on there product and thats always a plus but that sad thing is we used to have a track with friday night racing every friday and got shut down to build a condominium park and that was 5 years ago and still nothing happen kinda shitty for sure
yzmatt
11/16/2011 6:58pm Edited Date/Time 11/16/2011 7:03pm
Texas is pretty good. I'm in the Houston area and have at least 7 tracks (Rio Bravo!) within 1.5 hours and Cycle Ranch is 3.5 hours away for weekend trips (like last weekend, epic)....

Plenty of fast guys here, dirts vairies by location, but Cycle Ranch is the dirt of the moto gods....

Oh, and jobs, Texas wins that, NO CONTEST. More jobs created in Texas during this shit economy than the other 49 states combined, and that's even with Oshithead killing the gulf drilling industry.....

The Shop

Hando
11/16/2011 7:05pm
yzmatt wrote:
Texas is pretty good. I'm in the Houston area and have at least 7 tracks (Rio Bravo!) within 1.5 hours and Cycle Ranch is 3.5 hours...
Texas is pretty good. I'm in the Houston area and have at least 7 tracks (Rio Bravo!) within 1.5 hours and Cycle Ranch is 3.5 hours away for weekend trips (like last weekend, epic)....

Plenty of fast guys here, dirts vairies by location, but Cycle Ranch is the dirt of the moto gods....

Oh, and jobs, Texas wins that, NO CONTEST. More jobs created in Texas during this shit economy than the other 49 states combined, and that's even with Oshithead killing the gulf drilling industry.....
Love Texas, so many beautiful women, good folks and great weather (Love the heat)
Krew333
11/16/2011 7:05pm
Cygnus wrote:
Come on now.. VDR has the great winter Harescramble series.. And we kinda get some okay days..Still need to make down to yours though..
stackman17
11/16/2011 7:23pm
Texas by far. I live in Arlington (DFW) and last count there was 21 tracks within 2 hours of my house. Everything from old school to supercross and the Freestone National track. Everyone should be so fortunate.
Hando
11/16/2011 7:26pm
stackman17 wrote:
Texas by far. I live in Arlington (DFW) and last count there was 21 tracks within 2 hours of my house. Everything from old school to...
Texas by far. I live in Arlington (DFW) and last count there was 21 tracks within 2 hours of my house. Everything from old school to supercross and the Freestone National track. Everyone should be so fortunate.
Texas seems to have all the right ingredients but there hasn't exactly been alot of fast riders to come out of Texas.

Hopefully I will be able to locate myself there soon!!
stackman17
11/16/2011 7:43pm
Kyle Cunningham, Blake Wharton, Matt LeMoine, Kyle Regal

Not raised, but residing; Andrew Short, Josh Demuth

Four or five am boys finishing top 3 at Lorettas

Top two spots at Lorettas in girls class-Texans

Not alot compared to Cali, but we have a great amatuer base and will be filling the pro ranks pretty reqularly in the future and then some.

We would be glad to have you.

Side note: Report out today says Texas grew more last year than any other state with most of the incoming arriving from California. Just gotta think that some have fast kids they brought with them.
Cygnus
11/16/2011 7:49pm
Hando wrote:
Texas seems to have all the right ingredients but there hasn't exactly been alot of fast riders to come out of Texas. Hopefully I will be...
Texas seems to have all the right ingredients but there hasn't exactly been alot of fast riders to come out of Texas.

Hopefully I will be able to locate myself there soon!!
So you want to move to the state that has groomed the most pro riders? Are you planning on being the next big thing?
bish153
11/16/2011 8:25pm
stackman17 wrote:
Kyle Cunningham, Blake Wharton, Matt LeMoine, Kyle Regal Not raised, but residing; Andrew Short, Josh Demuth Four or five am boys finishing top 3 at Lorettas...

Not alot compared to Cali, but we have a great amatuer base and will be filling the pro ranks pretty reqularly in the future and then some.

Side note: Report out today says Texas grew more last year than any other state with most of the incoming arriving from California. Just gotta think that some have fast kids they brought with them.
On top of all the riders named, we also have several of the top amatrurs stay here throughout the year.
SEEMEFIRST
11/16/2011 9:10pm
stackman17 wrote:
Kyle Cunningham, Blake Wharton, Matt LeMoine, Kyle Regal Not raised, but residing; Andrew Short, Josh Demuth Four or five am boys finishing top 3 at Lorettas...

What about Tommy, and Wilbur? And I can't believe you left off The famous #711...Woohoo
scooter5002
11/16/2011 9:15pm
yzmatt wrote:
Texas is pretty good. I'm in the Houston area and have at least 7 tracks (Rio Bravo!) within 1.5 hours and Cycle Ranch is 3.5 hours...

Oshithead. Lol. Priceless. I was listening to a PBS radio station radio sation a while ago, and they had a fellow on from the banking sector explaining Texas' success while the rest of the country is floundering. His story was, and I'd completely forgotten about this, was that Texas had tightened up the bank regulations in the 80s. Right after THEIR savings and loan scandal. Same shit happened to them as the rest of the banks were doing prior to 08. Resulting in the same implosion for them years ago. Lots of people got stung, because the banks were so profit driven and greedy. Bit EVERYONE in the ass. The state vowed to never let it happen again, and changed the laws to prevent it. Seems to have worked, doesn't it?
MotoGuido
11/16/2011 11:03pm Edited Date/Time 11/16/2011 11:04pm
Cygnus wrote:
Krew333 wrote:
Come on now.. VDR has the great winter Harescramble series.. And we kinda get some okay days..Still need to make down to yours though..
Pretty sure he said that with a lot of sarcasm..

I live in NoCO and I've been considering moving to Texas myself. The fickle nature of the weather here tends to be really frustrating..
Sondy132001
11/17/2011 12:58am
I will say one thing for Texas when I was there for sx never seen so many mullets in my life as there !

S
ehr400
11/17/2011 2:10am
I know here in Michigan we have alot of tracks, and good ones too. Alot of tracks that are practice only that are excellent as well. I am movinf in a few months to Alabama and there seems to be alot of high caliber tracks there as well.

For the record Ohio does not really have alot of tracks for some reason. Espicially inthe NW part of the state. Whenver we hit tracks around michigan there are alot of Ohio plates. Feel sorry for those guys. Lol.
SEEMEFIRST
11/17/2011 2:14am
I will say one thing for Texas when I was there for sx never seen so many mullets in my life as there !

S
Business up front, party out back baby. HaHaHa...
yzmatt
11/17/2011 6:12am

S
Haven't been to Bakersfield much, huh?
scooter5002
11/17/2011 6:16am
ehr400 wrote:
I know here in Michigan we have alot of tracks, and good ones too. Alot of tracks that are practice only that are excellent as well...
I know here in Michigan we have alot of tracks, and good ones too. Alot of tracks that are practice only that are excellent as well. I am movinf in a few months to Alabama and there seems to be alot of high caliber tracks there as well.

For the record Ohio does not really have alot of tracks for some reason. Espicially inthe NW part of the state. Whenver we hit tracks around michigan there are alot of Ohio plates. Feel sorry for those guys. Lol.
Just because they're from Ohio or cuz' of the no track thing?LaughingEvil
tmart
11/17/2011 6:23am

S
Apparently you have never attended the Indy SX....
ehr400
11/17/2011 6:23am
ehr400 wrote:
I know here in Michigan we have alot of tracks, and good ones too. Alot of tracks that are practice only that are excellent as well...

Mainly because they are from Ohio! Whistling
scooter5002
11/17/2011 6:40am
ehr400 wrote:

ehr400 wrote:
Mainly because they are from Ohio! Whistling
I figgered..................
Shawn142
11/17/2011 6:45am
Obviously I'm bias but I say the DFW to Houston area of Texas. We have some very good tracks and dirt, plus you can ride all year. If we get blinding snow it's for 2 weeks max. Go to www.txmotocross.com and check out the track list sometime.

Job prospects are much better than other parts of the country too, especially if you're aerospace oriented like me. In just the DFW area Lockheed, Bell, Triumph/Vought, and Northerup all have major offices and production plants. Cost of living is very cheap compared to other major metropolitan areas. Recently bought a nice 3 bedroom 1700sq-ft house 5 minutes from the middle of Arlington (where the Rangers and Cowboys stadiums reside) in a good low-crime neighborhood for 100k so I could be closer to work. That price is pretty common too. 300k can buy you A LOT of house in some very upscale neighborhoods.
mtl
11/17/2011 7:36am
Texas is great if you like above 90 degree weather for a 4 months at a time.

There is a reason why population density is so high in Cali. Average high temps in the low to mid 80's, who doesn't love that?

The second I finish my PhD I'm whoring my self out to the highest paying company in Cali and buying a house within 10 min commute of where I will work.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
11/17/2011 7:38am
yzmatt wrote:

Hando wrote:
Love Texas, so many beautiful women, good folks and great weather (Love the heat)
youre fucking crazy if you think think the weather here is loveable
BKoonts
11/17/2011 8:08am
Hando wrote:
...Besides California. Criteria: -Amount of tracks/places to ride -job prospects (for the rest of us lol) -competition -Dirt I'm thinking Texas and or parts of the...
...Besides California.

Criteria:
-Amount of tracks/places to ride
-job prospects (for the rest of us lol)
-competition
-Dirt

I'm thinking Texas and or parts of the Southeast.

I''ve lived in theNortheast and while the tracks here are excellent, its a bit of a pain to ride sometimes due to the congestion.

On a side note: Ohio has/had close to 40 motocross tracks!
North Florida is great for riding but if you enjoy being employed it's not for you :-) I moved here from central NJ in 2004 and I felt like I had died and gone to heaven with respect to riding. Lost my job and now I feel like I've died and gone...to the unemployment line (hell).

p.s. - Romper Stomper? Is there something that you wanna tell us? Just kidding, that is a great obscure movie.
11/17/2011 8:11am
Cygnus wrote:
Krew333 wrote:
MotoGuido wrote:
Pretty sure he said that with a lot of sarcasm.. I live in NoCO and I've been considering moving to Texas myself. The fickle nature of...

I live in NoCO and I've been considering moving to Texas myself. The fickle nature of the weather here tends to be really frustrating..
Don't come to West Texas. It's way too dry. I just moved from Fort Collins to Lubbock and I'd much rather ride at Two Rivers over anything around here.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
11/17/2011 8:12am
Krew333 wrote:
MotoGuido wrote:
Pretty sure he said that with a lot of sarcasm.. I live in NoCO and I've been considering moving to Texas myself. The fickle nature of...

TripleFive wrote:
Don't come to West Texas. It's way too dry. I just moved from Fort Collins to Lubbock and I'd much rather ride at Two Rivers over...
Don't come to West Texas. It's way too dry. I just moved from Fort Collins to Lubbock and I'd much rather ride at Two Rivers over anything around here.
555 you still riding at all?

Post a reply to: Best place in the USA to live for Moto/Riding

The Latest