Best part of the track to watch the MXDN from?

SlasherMcGee
Edited Date/Time 8/26/2018 7:02pm
Just booked flight/hotel/rental car. Never been to Red Bud before. Should I:

*Find a spot on the fence right next to the track to cheer on the Americans and yell obscenities at the Euro's?

*Try to find a high spot where I can see most of the track?

*Stay in the Holeshot Club tent which will have a live TV feed?

*Jump in a lake?

|
DoubleA
8/24/2018 8:50am
If you going watch it on a screen, you mays well of stayed at home.

Get on the fence and watch the battles happen.
SlasherMcGee
8/24/2018 8:55am
DoubleA wrote:
If you going watch it on a screen, you mays well of stayed at home.

Get on the fence and watch the battles happen.
Might be nice to have the TV screen when the leaders battling are on the other side of the track though...

Either way, yeah, i'll probably get on the fence. The problem is that I'm going alone so no one to save my spot if I have to take a piss. Maybe I'll just bring an empty bottle Grinning
Grinning
kNewc
8/24/2018 8:55am
Walk the track. Or spend half the day on the East side hill and the rest on the West side facing the leap. That large spectator hill under the big flag is where we usually sit. If you are there early you'll notice all of people start to sit under the tree for shade. Sit lower and you'll be in the shade during the races too.
Maxjeff
Fantasy
3481st
8/24/2018 9:01am
We always move around, but end up on the hill by the sand rollers. You can see them coming off the bevo jump and hit the rollers, then watch if they do the leap

The Shop

Frank
8/24/2018 3:18pm
With all the VIP areas and talk of adding another VIP area, plus all the additional food vendors next to the track viewing areas will be precious. Track side will mean standing all day as they will have 4ft sponsor banners lining every inch of the track. Attending is more about the atmosphere as most will be relegated to watching the race on the big screens on each end of the track. Plenty of hillside areas to view from 300ft away though. Still one of the better venues for spectating regardless.
endo
8/24/2018 4:59pm
B campground
aeffertz
8/24/2018 5:11pm
Maxjeff wrote:
We always move around, but end up on the hill by the sand rollers. You can see them coming off the bevo jump and hit the...
We always move around, but end up on the hill by the sand rollers. You can see them coming off the bevo jump and hit the rollers, then watch if they do the leap
I have a feeling there won't be much moving around unless you want to miss most of the race trying to make your way through the sea of people.

I remember people saying it would take them hours to go from one end of Budds to the other during the MXoN.
Auxdemon
8/24/2018 5:37pm
When we go to the national we sit behind the redbud tabletop on the hill. You can see the downhill off the ski jump, the uphill triple, the redbud tabletop, and the launchpad. Plus they put a big TV next to the triple so you can see the rest of the track. Best spot in my opinion.
8/26/2018 7:19am
Frank wrote:
With all the VIP areas and talk of adding another VIP area, plus all the additional food vendors next to the track viewing areas will be...
With all the VIP areas and talk of adding another VIP area, plus all the additional food vendors next to the track viewing areas will be precious. Track side will mean standing all day as they will have 4ft sponsor banners lining every inch of the track. Attending is more about the atmosphere as most will be relegated to watching the race on the big screens on each end of the track. Plenty of hillside areas to view from 300ft away though. Still one of the better venues for spectating regardless.
This is exactly how I justified the extra bones for VIP. So so so thankful they called me to inform me about the Holeshot Club VIP tickets becoming available
lumpy790
8/26/2018 7:38am
I usually travel around the track but basically Pick a hill that views the valley and enjoy.

IMO This MXoN will be packed so find a open spot.
motomike137
8/26/2018 10:26am
kNewc wrote:
Walk the track. Or spend half the day on the East side hill and the rest on the West side facing the leap. That large spectator...
Walk the track. Or spend half the day on the East side hill and the rest on the West side facing the leap. That large spectator hill under the big flag is where we usually sit. If you are there early you'll notice all of people start to sit under the tree for shade. Sit lower and you'll be in the shade during the races too.
Technically it's North and South Tongue
8/26/2018 1:55pm
Got my flights, hotels and rental cars booked. No camping but I’ll be there somewhere in the Union Jack suit or morph suit. I’ll be watching anywhere I can see a section of track
8/26/2018 3:51pm
Just hope that Luongo doesn’t have his 6’ high signage rimming the track as he normally does. THese signs only allow you to see the helmets.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/26/2018 6:46pm
From the $700 VIP section. (I hope...Tongue )
crusher773
8/26/2018 7:02pm
Frank wrote:
With all the VIP areas and talk of adding another VIP area, plus all the additional food vendors next to the track viewing areas will be...
This is exactly how I justified the extra bones for VIP. So so so thankful they called me to inform me about the Holeshot Club VIP...
This is exactly how I justified the extra bones for VIP. So so so thankful they called me to inform me about the Holeshot Club VIP tickets becoming available
Yeah that's how myself and my buddy felt too. We decided if we are going that far and spending that much money anyway we wanted to know we were going to have a decent spot for us and our boys.

Post a reply to: Best part of the track to watch the MXDN from?

The Latest