Best of Luck to Josh Hansen

RPM68
Edited Date/Time 9/18/2014 9:08am
I am stoked to see this guy getting into training mode, I won't ever forget I thought the was the baddest dude when he was on Yamaha of Troy. His style, and talent is insane, and hope the guy does well.

The younger kids are insane, but hopefully he has something to offer them, even if he doesn't get results, he'll hang up his racing career knowing he gave it his all. Mad props!

http://racerxonline.com/2014/09/17/450-words-hansen-returns
|
9/17/2014 10:03am
Good read, thanks for posting! I hope he kills it this season in SX. I would love to see him line up for outdoors as well.
Camp332
9/17/2014 10:16am
Bro. I'm rooting for Hanny.
500guy
9/17/2014 10:19am
Man, I don’t know. I would hate to leave the sport thinking that I didn’t try to at least do a couple years of putting out some hard work and actually seeing what I could do. I just want to kind of do it for myself. I’ve been watching main events, and these kids look like they go so fast and they’re all in shape. I can see myself going fast, but I just could never ever see myself being able to do the twenty laps. So maybe this time around I want to make sure I can go ahead and close the chapter to my book and show that I was at least able to go out there and throw down.

Awesome He's accepted money and support all those years but now is ready to go to work?

The Shop

Flatliner
9/17/2014 10:23am
500guy wrote:
Man, I don’t know. I would hate to leave the sport thinking that I didn’t try to at least do a couple years of putting out...
Man, I don’t know. I would hate to leave the sport thinking that I didn’t try to at least do a couple years of putting out some hard work and actually seeing what I could do. I just want to kind of do it for myself. I’ve been watching main events, and these kids look like they go so fast and they’re all in shape. I can see myself going fast, but I just could never ever see myself being able to do the twenty laps. So maybe this time around I want to make sure I can go ahead and close the chapter to my book and show that I was at least able to go out there and throw down.

Awesome He's accepted money and support all those years but now is ready to go to work?
It's not like hasn't delivered though. Tied for a title, plenty of race wins, that's not too shabby in my book.
IWreckALot
9/17/2014 10:26am
500guy wrote:
Man, I don’t know. I would hate to leave the sport thinking that I didn’t try to at least do a couple years of putting out...

Flatliner wrote:
It's not like hasn't delivered though. Tied for a title, plenty of race wins, that's not too shabby in my book.
He's also offered value outside of racing. People like to follow his lifestyle. So just because he didn't win, doesn't mean he didn't fulfill some sort of value to the companies paying him.
RPM68
9/17/2014 10:28am
Flatliner wrote:
Bro didn't you hear? If you don't beat RC's records you aren't a bad dude. People forget how fast the guy that doesn't even make the night program is at his local track.

Hanny is gnarly, I even forgot he tied for the title a couple years back for Mitch. His talent is through the roof and people get butt hurt they got to work hard to finish mid pack in novice.
9/17/2014 10:31am
Wait, has he never had a trainer before? If he hasn't really done much training off the bike before as he says and has still gotten the results he has, I think next year should be interesting. That's if he keeps at it.

Seems like he's being realistic about things and is finally taking the sport as seriously as a top rider needs to. Glad to see it wasn't all talk and I just hope he pushes through the pain and keeps training.

Josh seems like the kinda guy who would get bored of the daily routine thing fast.
9/17/2014 10:32am
500guy wrote:

haha...says Debbie downer...really now....
lets see...your talking about him....
but he aint talkin' bout u....
Flatliner
9/17/2014 10:34am
Flatliner wrote:
RPM68 wrote:
Bro didn't you hear? If you don't beat RC's records you aren't a bad dude. People forget how fast the guy that doesn't even make the...
Bro didn't you hear? If you don't beat RC's records you aren't a bad dude. People forget how fast the guy that doesn't even make the night program is at his local track.

Hanny is gnarly, I even forgot he tied for the title a couple years back for Mitch. His talent is through the roof and people get butt hurt they got to work hard to finish mid pack in novice.
Think that tie was for Ktm.

With Mitch a hand injury derailed his title, the year tickle won it.
RPM68
9/17/2014 10:37am
Flatliner wrote:
Think that tie was for Ktm.

With Mitch a hand injury derailed his title, the year tickle won it.
oh right on my bad, thanks for the correction. I remember now, those KTM's looked so foul back then!
IWreckALot
9/17/2014 10:38am
Wait, has he never had a trainer before? If he hasn't really done much training off the bike before as he says and has still gotten...
Wait, has he never had a trainer before? If he hasn't really done much training off the bike before as he says and has still gotten the results he has, I think next year should be interesting. That's if he keeps at it.

Seems like he's being realistic about things and is finally taking the sport as seriously as a top rider needs to. Glad to see it wasn't all talk and I just hope he pushes through the pain and keeps training.

Josh seems like the kinda guy who would get bored of the daily routine thing fast.
It says in the article he's never had a trainer.

He really sounds like he's hit his personal rock bottom and is committed to turning it around. I'm all about the underdog story. Just hope he doesn't get discouraged when he doesn't immediately get the results he's looking for.
Cygnus
9/17/2014 10:39am
Hope the best for him. It's nice to see him admit he didn't put in the work needed before. He was lazy at 15 when we(my daughter and I)did the DH school. Always nice to see a Colorado kid out there racing in the bigs.
9/17/2014 10:49am
Wait, has he never had a trainer before? If he hasn't really done much training off the bike before as he says and has still gotten...

IWreckALot wrote:
It says in the article he's never had a trainer. He really sounds like he's hit his personal rock bottom and is committed to turning it...
It says in the article he's never had a trainer.

He really sounds like he's hit his personal rock bottom and is committed to turning it around. I'm all about the underdog story. Just hope he doesn't get discouraged when he doesn't immediately get the results he's looking for.
Ah, thanks. I read the article earlier and couldn't be bothered reading through it again Laughing

At least he knows he won't be fully in shape for the Monster Cup, that race should give him a good gauge of speed and things to work on before SX. If he's racing 250's like he said he should be running towards the front at times, I don't think his speed will be an issue.
FWYT
9/17/2014 10:57am
I thought I read this last year? Or a couple years ago?
tek14
9/17/2014 11:16am
Great stuff i hope he makes it happen 2015. He´s got the style and speed.
mxfiend
9/17/2014 11:19am
ive never heard of anyone tying for a title... they either get it or they dont.
TDeath21
9/17/2014 11:20am
I'm not a fan at all, so I definitely won't be cheering for him. It'll be interesting to see where he fits in.
RPM68
9/17/2014 11:27am
mxfiend wrote:
ive never heard of anyone tying for a title... they either get it or they dont.
Points tied, title went to most wins in the season
Rooster
9/17/2014 11:33am
Seems to be the same thing every year.

This year I'll try harder.....

How many guys would have killed for his support that were putting in the work over the years?

His speed is just indicative that some people are just naturally faster than others. Even after all the schools and practice and everything else, some guys just have a natural ability that others don't. He's very lucky to have what he has. It's too bad he's realizing it so late.

Just imagine what he could have had if he had the conditioning to run twenty laps at full bore like the guys who beat him. Sure he had something great that most of us will never have in the sport as far as his career, but he also has that regret to live with and it seems like it's starting to sink in.
bigcat
9/17/2014 11:39am
Who knows maybe the 10th time in sx lites class is a charm...Whistling
SquidBro
9/17/2014 1:17pm
Good luck to the guy but too little too late springs to mind.
Crazy talented bro though so time will tell.
Olson
9/17/2014 1:27pm
Who will get t-boned when battling for last place?
9/17/2014 1:28pm
Well....

I was at Elsinore last Sat. Hanny parked next to me. The plan I follow is to get there early, do my practice motos and get out by noon. I did three motos and was packing it up around 11:30AM - it was already 105 degrees and climbing. As I turned to look over at the new SX track they have, Hanny and his trainer were headed back out on the track for the fourth time. Every one else had already packed up and was heading home because of the heat.

Seems like he is giving it his best and if he keeps it up, I am betting he will do just fine next year.

Go Hanny!!!!!!!!!
Dx3moto
9/17/2014 1:32pm
I'm sure it was tough when he pretty much had the 2011 title wrapped up before he broke his wrist, and that took the wind out of his sails for a few years. Glad to see him back, he's a personality in the sport and soo talented on a bike.
9/17/2014 1:35pm
Well.... I was at Elsinore last Sat. Hanny parked next to me. The plan I follow is to get there early, do my practice motos and...
Well....

I was at Elsinore last Sat. Hanny parked next to me. The plan I follow is to get there early, do my practice motos and get out by noon. I did three motos and was packing it up around 11:30AM - it was already 105 degrees and climbing. As I turned to look over at the new SX track they have, Hanny and his trainer were headed back out on the track for the fourth time. Every one else had already packed up and was heading home because of the heat.

Seems like he is giving it his best and if he keeps it up, I am betting he will do just fine next year.

Go Hanny!!!!!!!!!
nice....
BobbyM
9/17/2014 1:48pm
Cygnus wrote:
Hope the best for him. It's nice to see him admit he didn't put in the work needed before. He was lazy at 15 when we(my...
Hope the best for him. It's nice to see him admit he didn't put in the work needed before. He was lazy at 15 when we(my daughter and I)did the DH school. Always nice to see a Colorado kid out there racing in the bigs.
Transplant don't count... Bro. Smile
BobbyM
9/17/2014 1:50pm
I say he kicks ass with no shenanigans
domoguchi
9/17/2014 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 9/17/2014 3:18pm
Donny Hanson maybe, Josh's ship sailed a longtime ago....
RMT
9/17/2014 3:10pm
domoguchi wrote:
Donny Hanson maybe, Josh's ship sailed a longtime ago....
Was that really needed?

Post a reply to: Best of Luck to Josh Hansen

The Latest