Best moto in a few years...

logan_140
6/30/2018 6:20pm
That 450 moto one was amazing.. that’s all. Just wish more then 2 riders had the speed
|
thorns
6/30/2018 6:35pm
Yip, amazing racing, Southwick delivers again.

What also amazed me was Eli's fastest lap in Moto 2, almost 4 seconds faster the Marv.
Racer331
6/30/2018 7:18pm
Exactly, instantly stretched to 14 second lead, crashes, Marv is right back on his ass and he pulls away again! Tomac is just a machine.
drt410
6/30/2018 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2018 7:29pm
I was there and watching Tomac that second moto was ridiculous. You could immediately tell where he was by just looking across the track and looking for a blur going 4x as fast as anything else. I couldnt tell if he was trying go ride a statement race or get out far enough that he could rest. Either way I think it was lap 3 or 4 where he was already up 14 seconds the people around me were counting how far his lead stretched every lap and he was riding like 4 seconds a lap faster than anyone else. Thats just not safe or sustainable on a track like that.

I was thinking either hes gonna lap second place or hes gonna crash his brains out, then he did. He was riding balls to the walllllll like Ive never seen there. I hope he wasnt just trying to do it to make Marv look bad because then those crashes were unnessesary but if he was doing it so he could rest I guess thats still looking out too far too vs just focusing on the race in front of you at this second. Hopefully it was another learning experience that gets him back focused while hes racing and he can wrap this championship up clean and injury free with noticeable growth from last year. We all know hes fast he doesnt have to prove anything just keep it smart and on 2 wheels. Tomac is a beeeeast in sand though damn.
Frank
7/1/2018 1:15am
Congrats to Ferrandis and Musquin. Great to see 2 GP riders from France take both overalls. All 4 moto’s were great!

The Shop

WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
7/1/2018 1:37am
drt410 wrote:
I was there and watching Tomac that second moto was ridiculous. You could immediately tell where he was by just looking across the track and looking...
I was there and watching Tomac that second moto was ridiculous. You could immediately tell where he was by just looking across the track and looking for a blur going 4x as fast as anything else. I couldnt tell if he was trying go ride a statement race or get out far enough that he could rest. Either way I think it was lap 3 or 4 where he was already up 14 seconds the people around me were counting how far his lead stretched every lap and he was riding like 4 seconds a lap faster than anyone else. Thats just not safe or sustainable on a track like that.

I was thinking either hes gonna lap second place or hes gonna crash his brains out, then he did. He was riding balls to the walllllll like Ive never seen there. I hope he wasnt just trying to do it to make Marv look bad because then those crashes were unnessesary but if he was doing it so he could rest I guess thats still looking out too far too vs just focusing on the race in front of you at this second. Hopefully it was another learning experience that gets him back focused while hes racing and he can wrap this championship up clean and injury free with noticeable growth from last year. We all know hes fast he doesnt have to prove anything just keep it smart and on 2 wheels. Tomac is a beeeeast in sand though damn.
ET let his ego take the control of him in second moto i think.
10000hrs
7/1/2018 3:43am
Do you think it is a coincidence you get great racing when there are no double jumps defining the speed/lines everyone must go.
7/1/2018 3:45am
10000hrs wrote:
Do you think it is a coincidence you get great racing when there are no double jumps defining the speed/lines everyone must go.
I would say it’s more to do with the track surface. Sand is great for making/losing lap time.
7/1/2018 3:48am
drt410 wrote:
I was there and watching Tomac that second moto was ridiculous. You could immediately tell where he was by just looking across the track and looking...

WCRider wrote:
ET let his ego take the control of him in second moto i think.
I think Herlings approach is more demoralising and safer. Rather than try to pull a big gap, just hold back until the last few laps and then breeze past, has the same effect without riding on the edge.

Post a reply to: Best moto in a few years...

The Latest