Best looking graphics ever, post one.

CRF505
10/31/2018 12:00pm
This is a good thread. I've always enjoyed looking at the new bikes at A1 each year - the graphics, number fonts, color combinations, etc. Likewise, I look forward to freshening up my bike at least once a year. Here's a few of my favorites that I’ve done...

- I always thought the Wonder Warthog team and what they stood for was really cool. At this point the names escape me, but I can still remember seeing privateers with the Warthog cape on during the parade lap of Supercross main events. When you saw the cape, you knew that was a guy that probably drove to the stadium that day in Uhaul, or maybe even a pickup truck. You knew that by putting it into the main that night, he had accomplished his goal, and probably made himself enough money to make it to the next round. So cool. Anyway, several years after the Warthog team was gone, I called around to several graphics companies and finally found one that still had the Wonder Warthog logo and put it on the shrouds of my 2012 KX250F. I really liked that one.

- This one has been mentioned by others already, but quite possibly the best looking bikes of all time are the Eleven-10 Honda of Troy bikes Darryn Durham and Alex Martin rode in 2010 I believe. I had to have those graphics for my 2009 CRF450.

- The third bike might look like a run of the mill factory edition KTM 450, but in fact it’s my 2017 KTM350SXF. KTM has never made a Factory Edition 350, so I decided to do my best to make my own. The toughest task was finding the graphics. As many of you may know, Red Bull does not allow graphics companies to print their logo, so I had to find a bootleg version on ebay. I’m happy to say the quality and color match were very good. I can’t remember who printed them though, and I can no longer find them on ebay, so my guess is Red Bull shut them down. My 350 wasn’t a perfect Factory Edition match (it had a FMF slip-on instead of Akrapovic, black triple clamps instead of orange, I was never able to identify the factory skid plate, etc.), but all in all, I was really happy with how it turned out.

- The last photo is my current bike – the same 2017 KTM350SXF as above, but with new plastic and graphics. A year ago I bought a “custom” RH (my initials) logo from a designer and have used it on a few things – a helmet, these shrouds, etc. I really liked the clean black/orange/white graphics kit Backyard Designs did, and they did a great job of incorporating the RH logo into the shrouds. Again, I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Best looking graphics ever, post one.

The Latest