Best goggles that don’t squeeze your nose?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2019 6:23 PM

Vital,

I’m looking for goggles that don’t crush my nose. I wear an XL helmet (Bell moto 9.) I’m wearing the 100% strata goggles. Never had a problem with nose breathing until I switched to a bell helmet. What do you recommend? I was considering Oakley, Scott, fox, or leatt.

|

10/22/2019 6:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2019 6:27 PM

I’m also looking for a goggle with a wide view for my large face lol.

|

10/22/2019 6:39 PM

You guys can try on a set of Scott Hustle's , they have an adjustable nose cam that uses two little flat head screws. It's that very reason I switched to them about 6 years ago. I think a few other Scott models do the same. I love my Oakley Airbrakes for the vision and overall feel , but I don't seem to be able to breath through my nose as well. Think partly because they are a tad " taller " and rides against the brim of my helmet , pushing the goggles down slightly onto my nose. The Hustle's didn't do that.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/22/2019 6:51 PM

I trim the nose foam on every brand I’ve ever used except the entry level Scott’s

|

10/22/2019 6:55 PM

Wide face person here - 100% goggles are the best fit I've found so far. I run the Accuri and Racecraft models. I haven't tried their new Armega model but it looks pretty sweet.

I used to wear Smith but found the 100% to be a bit wider and more comfortable.

You may also want to consider running a Breath Right nasal strip. They vastly improved my nose problems.

|

10/22/2019 7:17 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

You guys can try on a set of Scott Hustle's , they have an adjustable nose cam that uses two little flat head screws. It's that very reason I switched to them about 6 years ago. I think a few other Scott models do the same. I love my Oakley Airbrakes for the vision and overall feel , but I don't seem to be able to breath through my nose as well. Think partly because they are a tad " taller " and rides against the brim of my helmet , pushing the goggles down slightly onto my nose. The Hustle's didn't do that.

Oh sick, I had no idea that was a thing!

|

10/22/2019 7:20 PM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Wide face person here - 100% goggles are the best fit I've found so far. I run the Accuri and Racecraft models. I haven't tried their new Armega model but it looks pretty sweet.

I used to wear Smith but found the 100% to be a bit wider and more comfortable.

You may also want to consider running a Breath Right nasal strip. They vastly improved my nose problems.

Gotcha. I like the vision of the 100%, nice and wide. May try to cut the foam like TJ 755 mentioned. Haven’t tried the armega but they seem nice from the reviews I’ve seen.

|

10/22/2019 7:24 PM

The spy seely goggles are only 55.00 on spy.com I love them.

|

10/22/2019 7:30 PM

I had the same issue with 100% when I switched to a Moto 9. I now use Oakley Airbrakes and have no issues. Yeah they’re a bit on the pricey side but well worth the money in my opinion. I got both my pairs on close out for around $90 each.

|

10/22/2019 7:33 PM

JBecker 72 wrote:

I had the same issue with 100% when I switched to a Moto 9. I now use Oakley Airbrakes and have no issues. Yeah they’re a bit on the pricey side but well worth the money in my opinion. I got both my pairs on close out for around $90 each.

Awesome, thanks!

|

10/22/2019 7:52 PM

Bell moto 9, scott otg's and trim the nose foam. I have a schnauzer.

|

10/22/2019 8:00 PM

peltier626 wrote:

Bell moto 9, scott otg's and trim the nose foam. I have a schnauzer.

Nice. I didn’t even think about using OTG goggles 🤔

|

10/22/2019 8:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2019 8:05 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

gavinmgrant wrote:

Oh sick, I had no idea that was a thing!

For sure man. If the shop doesn't mind , open a few boxes and see how they fit , as I'm pretty sure a few other Scott models do the same. I'm not positive , but I think there are a few other brands that have that adjustable nose cam?? I used spy goggles for many years ,and a buddy let me try his Hustle's.......I was like " Holy hell , I can breathe through my nose! ". I still wear my Huslte's ( I still have like 4 brand new pair of the Canard replica's ! ) and quite a few other sets. I do however love my airbrakes a bunch , but I just can't breathe as well , as I do with the Hustle's.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/22/2019 8:09 PM

Try on a pair of 100% Racecraft. Good peripheral and comfortable. At least for me.

|

10/22/2019 8:24 PM

Chance1216 wrote:

Try on a pair of 100% Racecraft. Good peripheral and comfortable. At least for me.

Racecrafts were worse with my moto 9 than Stratas and Accurais.

|

10/22/2019 8:46 PM

Oakley Crowbar and Airbrakes work very well. I have the same problem as you do with my nose being pinched with other goggles. Eks brand works pretty well too.

|

10/22/2019 9:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2019 9:09 PM

Chance1216 wrote:

JBecker 72 wrote:

Racecrafts were worse with my moto 9 than Stratas and Accurais.

Hence the try on a pair and at least for me. What doesn't work for some may work for others.

|

10/22/2019 11:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2019 11:03 PM

There is no right answer to that question. It depends on what helmet you have and your face. You just have to try out different setups.

I have found the Prospect goggle work well with the Airoh Aviator helmets. I know that the 100% Accuri and Racecraft goggles pinched my nose so much that i couldn't ride with them (had a Bell Moto 9 Flex helmet at that time) yet some other people love them. Then i got to try the new Armega goggle from 100% and that fitted me way better than their old goggles!

Setup X might fit me but it might be horrible for you.

|

10/23/2019 12:05 AM

Actually, I found it was the helmet that caused my crushed nose, I was wearing Smiths and a Bell Moto 5, but then I purchased a new Arai and that is when the problems began. I have gone to small Oakley googles which help but am looking for another brand so I can move back to large frames

|

10/23/2019 12:59 AM

JBecker 72 wrote:

Same with me. 100% pinch/press my nose really noticeably even with two different helmet brands. I got a set Oakley Airbrakes because I liked the roll-off system and presto, I can breathe again.

|

10/23/2019 2:26 AM

Bnagazina wrote:

Actually, I found it was the helmet that caused my crushed nose, I was wearing Smiths and a Bell Moto 5, but then I purchased a new Arai and that is when the problems began. I have gone to small Oakley googles which help but am looking for another brand so I can move back to large frames

Same here, I found that it is all about the relationship between the top of the goggle port on the helmet, the goggle, and where the bridge of your nose is. For me, the best combo was a Fox helmet with Airbrakes.

|

10/23/2019 3:53 AM

I have a bell moto 9 xl and use scott prospects or racecraft goggles. No nose pinch issues. Make sure your strap isnt too tight.

|

10/23/2019 4:56 AM

I top was unable to breath properly through my large nose as well. Most of the "new" goggle styles push against the top brim of my helmet , pushing the goggles down slightly onto my nose.
These work excellent and the goggles, lenses and tear-offs are cheaper.

Photo

|

10/23/2019 4:58 AM

JBecker 72 wrote:

fullfloater wrote:

Same with me. 100% pinch/press my nose really noticeably even with two different helmet brands. I got a set Oakley Airbrakes because I liked the roll-off system and presto, I can breathe again.

I second or third this! Even though i loved the quality and price of the 100% Racecrafts, they caused breathing issues for me as well. Switched to Oakley Airbrakes and I am amble to breath much better thru my nose. They are pricy, but high quality and the way the lens comes out is the best way possible in my opinion.... With x-mas just around the corner, there should be sales coming up!

|

10/23/2019 5:03 AM

I have had good luck with EKS Brand goggles. I wore the regular Oakley O-frames before.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/23/2019 6:21 AM

Anyone who hasn't tried the Fly goggle should give them a try. I have EKS, 100% as well and the Fly is very good.

|

10/23/2019 6:25 AM

I second the EKS Brand goggles.
The frame is a little smaller.

|

10/23/2019 6:32 AM

Oakley with a Bell helmet works for me.

|

10/23/2019 6:53 AM

Like everything else, YOU HAVE TO TRY THEM ON!!! haha

Everyone's face/ nose/ eye position is different. What might work for one Vitard might not work for you.

Pic 2 or 3 of the suggested goggles in this thread or that catch your eye... like the Scott's or 100%, find a shop or online retailer with free return shipping, and order both, return the one that doesn't fit.

BOOM!!!

|

10/23/2019 11:49 AM

Viral!

|