Best factory bikes this year

spimx
All the bikes look good this year so far Honda has closed the gap on the Austrian bikes. What do you think?

I can't see that Kenny's bike did anything strange this year

also mookie is looking really good on the Yamaha I don't think it's quite as fast as Honda and KTM but looks really much better.
|
Tumic
1/24/2021 10:44am
I think that there is way to much talk about the bikes in us.. A bike is as good as the rider who tests / sets it up. A bike looks as good as the rider lets it look.

If a rider is super smooth and rides all the good lines any bike will look good. And when you have a slugger who rides without finess a bike will look bad..
PMR 3
Fantasy
594th
1/24/2021 11:35am
The quality of Bikes & Riders seems amazing these days (like the 80s?). Roc is super talented & it seems like he can put the Honda where he wants (besides around Deano, J/K) with less effort than in the past. You can almost say that about any of the brands. I think the quality/knowledge of the "Team" has an impact on "best" bike discusion. Fyi, I am kind of bias to Honda's. Peace.
Brent
1/24/2021 11:59am
I'm glad to see that Yamaha is finally working on improving their 450 now that the old management is out.

It may take awhile, but if they figure out that bike for the nationals, I think you will be seeing three YZ's up front at every start like the 250 Yamahas.

The Shop

davistld01
1/24/2021 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2021 12:07pm
rdmx151 wrote:
Gas gas
I’m not sure the GasGas (still a dumb name) is necessarily the best out there...but it was pretty amazing for them to have the setup they had at H1, when a lot of other factory teams...that actually had base settings from last season to at least start with, looked like they were having real issues. Gotta give GG credit...as well as Justin Barcia!
brimx153
1/24/2021 2:10pm
spimx wrote:
All the bikes look good this year so far Honda has closed the gap on the Austrian bikes. What do you think? I can't see that...
All the bikes look good this year so far Honda has closed the gap on the Austrian bikes. What do you think?

I can't see that Kenny's bike did anything strange this year

also mookie is looking really good on the Yamaha I don't think it's quite as fast as Honda and KTM but looks really much better.
You dont think the Yamaha is as fast as the ktm and Honda ?? . HP was never the problem for the factory Yamaha
8tensolutions
1/24/2021 3:14pm
rdmx151 wrote:
Gas gas
davistld01 wrote:
I’m not sure the GasGas (still a dumb name) is necessarily the best out there...but it was pretty amazing for them to have the setup they...
I’m not sure the GasGas (still a dumb name) is necessarily the best out there...but it was pretty amazing for them to have the setup they had at H1, when a lot of other factory teams...that actually had base settings from last season to at least start with, looked like they were having real issues. Gotta give GG credit...as well as Justin Barcia!
I don't disagree Barcia has looked great, but you do realize he has all the Husky/KTM settings since they are the same motorcycle, right?
davistld01
1/24/2021 3:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2021 3:43pm
I don't disagree Barcia has looked great, but you do realize he has all the Husky/KTM settings since they are the same motorcycle, right?
Yep...but there are probably enough differences (like the Husqvarna to the KTM) that require some form of unique settings. Add to that a rider that’s never spent any real racing time on the bike, I can see the challenge too.
spimx
1/24/2021 4:21pm
davistld01 wrote:
Yep...but there are probably enough differences (like the Husqvarna to the KTM) that require some form of unique settings. Add to that a rider that’s never...
Yep...but there are probably enough differences (like the Husqvarna to the KTM) that require some form of unique settings. Add to that a rider that’s never spent any real racing time on the bike, I can see the challenge too.
I see Barcia and Mookie only getting better as they gell with the bike

Post a reply to: Best factory bikes this year

The Latest