Best dirt jumper MTN bike

Related:
Create New Tag

1/16/2020 1:55 AM

Just looking to see what everyone rides for their dirt jumper mtn bike for when you are training or can't make it to the MX track? Can be old or new, just looking at what people prefer.
For reference I am 6ft1 and 220lbs(100kg)

|

1/16/2020 2:19 AM

I love my specialized p3, great bike for the money

|

1/16/2020 2:20 AM

Probably a better question to post on vitalmtb

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

1/16/2020 2:23 AM

I am currently running a Transition PBJ that I am in love with but I've had Santa Cruz, Trek and Specialized DJ rigs over the years and I was really happy with all of them. You can dirt jump with just about anything though haha my Santa Cruz Chameleon is a blast on the jump trails.

|

1/16/2020 3:53 AM

ben5020 wrote:

I love my specialized p3, great bike for the money

100%
What I use and is strong as. Had nine 3 years.

|

1/16/2020 3:58 AM

Buzzard167 wrote:

I am currently running a Transition PBJ that I am in love with but I've had Santa Cruz, Trek and Specialized DJ rigs over the years and I was really happy with all of them. You can dirt jump with just about anything though haha my Santa Cruz Chameleon is a blast on the jump trails.

I'm a big fan of the Transition PBJ it's very comfortable due to its long wheelbase.

|

1/16/2020 4:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2020 4:32 AM

Tag for interest. I've been looking all over for a DJ after renting one at Rays MTB Park last week. It was so much better then my 27" Cannondale or 29er Specialized.
I have been looking at entry level DJ as I cant afford an expensive one. Been looking at $400 (used) to $800 new. Seems like most of the lower end DJ bikes come with either a RST 80mm fork or Circus 100mm fork for the slightly more expensive models.
I have looked at NS, Airborne, Verde, Gravity, Haro, Free agent, Radio, Movement and a few others online. They all seem pretty much the same besides Alum, Cromoly, or Hi-Ten on the frames.
The trek I rode had a short chain stay length so that is what I have been trying to look for.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

1/16/2020 4:44 AM

I snagged a cheap GT ruckus - I just ride it a bit to stay in shape over the winter. You can spend money above your skill level - don't. Buy used until you need better - facebook marketplace is your friend.


Norco makes a DJ with front forks new for $500 ish.

|

1/16/2020 4:48 AM

I got a Dartmoor 26player.

|

1/16/2020 5:57 AM

bierbower105 wrote:

I snagged a cheap GT ruckus - I just ride it a bit to stay in shape over the winter. You can spend money above your skill level - don't. Buy used until you need better - facebook marketplace is your friend.


Norco makes a DJ with front forks new for $500 ish.

Added that Norco to my list

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

1/16/2020 6:37 PM

Aussie_power_sports wrote:

Probably a better question to post on vitalmtb

So your saying this isn’t Vital Mountain X?

|

1/16/2020 6:51 PM

I might have to get one too after going to rays for my first time two weeks ago, no clue how or why I’ve never gone until now, it is about 3 hours from me but holy shit that place is insane, literally it’s almost hard to believe once you actually go and start riding around lol.

Wish it was closer to me I’d go there every weekend during the winter if I could.

But I just took my 29er and it was actually fine for all I was doing or able to do, I can’t lower my seat more so before I go again I’ll cut my seat post down so I can lower it but man it was so much fun

|

1/16/2020 6:56 PM

I have a custom blk mrkt(26"), incredible. S&m makes a 22" that is incredible. This is dirt jumping, completely different than any mtn bike stuff.

|

1/16/2020 7:02 PM

X3 for the specialized P3

|

1/16/2020 7:24 PM

Is this a 2 stoke or 4 stroke mountain bike with pedals.

|

1/16/2020 7:28 PM

motomike894 wrote:

I might have to get one too after going to rays for my first time two weeks ago, no clue how or why I’ve never gone until now, it is about 3 hours from me but holy shit that place is insane, literally it’s almost hard to believe once you actually go and start riding around lol.

Wish it was closer to me I’d go there every weekend during the winter if I could.

But I just took my 29er and it was actually fine for all I was doing or able to do, I can’t lower my seat more so before I go again I’ll cut my seat post down so I can lower it but man it was so much fun

We are about 2 hours south. Well worth the drive.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

1/16/2020 7:32 PM

vitalmtb.com

|

1/16/2020 7:40 PM

You can’t go wrong with a steel Kona Shonky.

|

1/16/2020 7:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2020 7:57 PM

I have a 2015 pbj and I love it. It has a pretty long top tube in comparison to all the other djs that year. I have a evil insurgent v1 and wreckoning lb for the parks and enduro or downhill type stuff.

|

1/16/2020 7:57 PM

A have a Specialized P.Slope that I like.

|

1/16/2020 8:40 PM

I have an older Blkmkt Mob and a Deity Cryptkeeper.

|

1/16/2020 8:51 PM

I just got one last week. Seems like they’re making a comeback. I have to admit, I can’t wipe the smile off my face when I ride mine! I don’t have as much time anymore to hit up the trails for a long mtb ride so this is the perfect solution.

Photo

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

1/16/2020 9:19 PM

I have a Polygon Trid ZZ that is considered a slopestyle bike. I rode it at Rays last fall and it was perfect. They also make a standard Trid dirt jumper that is loaded and less than $1000. check them out here https://www.bikesonline.com/bikes/dirt-jump-bikes/

|

1/17/2020 12:13 AM

Cryptkeeper. On the market & available now, get an Evil faction!
Photo

|

1/17/2020 4:03 AM

RandyS wrote:

I have an older Blkmkt Mob and a Deity Cryptkeeper.

I miss my cryptkeeper
Photo

|

1/17/2020 4:32 AM

How big of a part does frame size play on a dirt jumper? I have notice at most offerings are S and L.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

1/17/2020 5:20 AM

Deity Cryptkeeper is probably the best ever. Bar none. If you like chromo, Evil Faction2 is a killer ride. I have both. Cryptkeeper is just badass though. Throw some Fox 36 forks on it and have some fun

|

1/17/2020 5:22 AM

seth505 wrote:

Cryptkeeper. On the market & available now, get an Evil faction!
Photo

How much? Shoot me an email. Info@gramlitehubs.com

|

1/17/2020 6:40 AM

Identiti Jekyll is mine - very wild

Transition PBJ is my friends - super clean Photo

|

1/17/2020 7:14 AM

I had season passes to Rays for about 5 years before more shoulder injuries kept me away. Super fun, we used to have a regular Wed night ride group with about a dozen MX'ers.

I had a Mongoose EC-X Eric Carter bike, loved it. Wish I didn't sell it!

|