Best chest protector

Edited Date/Time 9/9/2021 11:52am
Most comfortable chest protector on the market? Plastic roost guard in front or not…..
|
austin_bo
Fantasy
228th
9/3/2021 3:28am
Leatt 3DF air fit if you wear a neck brace. Fox race frame if you don’t.
Hi Side
9/3/2021 4:07am
IMO, Leatt pretty well has the market cornered when it comes to chest protectors.

The Shop

R66
9/3/2021 7:13am
Old school HRP Flak Jak is the most comfortable. They come in sizes.
munsch121
9/3/2021 5:27pm
HRP flak jak.....I have been wearing the same one for 20 years, comfortable and indestructible.
Titanium
9/3/2021 9:38pm
The Best one is one you'll wear..

For me,

Under jersey, Alpinestars A-1 or A-1 plus

Over jersey , Thor Sentinel XP
bernnet
9/7/2021 2:33am
+1 on TLD CP5900. Nice fit and comfortable.
bh
9/7/2021 3:36pm
I enjoy my A1 plus both over and under the jersey.
xrmark
9/7/2021 3:41pm
The thor sentinel is by far the most comfortable chest protector I’ve worn. I took the back plate off and just went with the plastic straps in the back and it’s super comfy.
Freddyfred
9/8/2021 7:54am
I've used the RXR bullet for 4 years.
I'm a believer, crashed multiple times wearing it. People think you get hot in it but I've had no problems. I also have the shoulder and elbow protection from RXR and it's great, keeps the elbow guards in place and have been saved multiple times from getting all scratched up.
Phil109
9/8/2021 8:51am
Probably about to pull the trigger on the RXR. Good buddy of mine swapped out Sunday and took some braking bumps to the chest. Three broken ribs collapsed lung and broken shoulder blade. Been in the hospital since Sunday. Him and I both just wear a jersey and nothing else. One of those might have saved his ribs and lung. Going to start wearing some better protection for sure. He’s a super smooth rider and I can’t recall him ever even getting out of shape. In this sport it’s not if it’s when. Might look cool out there just wearing a jersey but doesn’t look to cool laid up with multiple injuries that prob could have been prevented.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
9/8/2021 8:56am
Here's a funny (I think) story about chest protectors. My nephew had gotten a brand new chest protector for Christmas but wouldn't wear it because he thought it wasn't "cool" He took a trip over the bars and slid on his chest across some nice hardpacked DG with little rocks thrown in for extra texture. He came back to the truck with road rash and a couple pretty deep gouges in his chest. He didn't think it was funny when he was sitting there all teary eyed and trembly and instead of sympathy we laughed at him and said "Boy it's good thing you didn't have your new chest protector on", "You'd of scratched it all up" LaughingLaughing
MXMattii
9/8/2021 11:35am
Phil109 wrote:
Probably about to pull the trigger on the RXR. Good buddy of mine swapped out Sunday and took some braking bumps to the chest. Three broken...
Probably about to pull the trigger on the RXR. Good buddy of mine swapped out Sunday and took some braking bumps to the chest. Three broken ribs collapsed lung and broken shoulder blade. Been in the hospital since Sunday. Him and I both just wear a jersey and nothing else. One of those might have saved his ribs and lung. Going to start wearing some better protection for sure. He’s a super smooth rider and I can’t recall him ever even getting out of shape. In this sport it’s not if it’s when. Might look cool out there just wearing a jersey but doesn’t look to cool laid up with multiple injuries that prob could have been prevented.
Jo Shimoda is wearing one, knowing that he's a FOX rider that says something I think...
Crash217
9/8/2021 12:42pm
I've really liked my Fly Racing Convertible 2. Works with neck guards, comfortable, comes in a few sizes. I'm on my second one in over a decade of wearing that particular model.
WDSRCR
9/8/2021 12:57pm
I use the Fly Racing Revel.
Phil109
9/8/2021 1:11pm
Phil109 wrote:
Probably about to pull the trigger on the RXR. Good buddy of mine swapped out Sunday and took some braking bumps to the chest. Three broken...
MXMattii wrote:
Jo Shimoda is wearing one, knowing that he's a FOX rider that says something I think...
I saw that on their website. My only thing is it doesn’t look like it will work with a neck brace. Have to weigh my options.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
9/8/2021 2:01pm
I don't know that the RXR is the most comfortable chest protector (since that was the original question), but as others have attested to, it does protect quite well. I don't notice mine at all while riding, and after popping right up from a couple tumbles, I'm sold on it.
Clamhammer
9/8/2021 5:03pm
Hi Side wrote:
IMO, Leatt pretty well has the market cornered when it comes to chest protectors.
Gotta agree. Went from the Sentinel to the 3.5 Leatt which fit snugger and moved with my body better. Helmet integrated with the Leatt without binding. Now I use the Airfit line of soft protectors that use hardening foam which has the same protection rating. This works even better with my helmet and can't really see it under my jersey.
MXMattii
9/9/2021 11:20am
Phil109 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
Phil109 wrote:
I saw that on their website. My only thing is it doesn’t look like it will work with a neck brace. Have to weigh my options.
Motodave15
9/9/2021 11:52am
MXMattii wrote:
[Img]https://rxrprotect.com/img/cms/leatt/leatt3.jpg[/img]
Thats exactly how I wear mine.
Phil109
9/9/2021 1:30pm
MXMattii wrote:
[Img]https://rxrprotect.com/img/cms/leatt/leatt3.jpg[/img]
Motodave15 wrote:
Thats exactly how I wear mine. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/09/09/509316/s1200_Screenshot_20210909_114925_Gallery.jpg[/img]
Thats exactly how I wear mine.
Nice thanks guys!

Post a reply to: Best chest protector

The Latest