Best bike to move up to from my 18 CRF250r? Or should I keep my bike?

ham
Alright, so I did a forum not long ago on KTM 150s. I rode my friends, and while it was a blast, I did miss the lack of torque when compared to my CRF. I also had the chance to ride my CRF through some technical single track in the woods, and was surprised how well it handled it.
Nonetheless, I still feel like I want another 2-stroke for both woods and track riding. I absolutely love my CRF, but I do find myself missing 2t’s. I’m undecided I guess lol. I don’t want a bike that’s any heavier, as I feel I manage my CRF quite well. They also build these bikes incredibly well balanced. How would a KTM 250xc differ from my CRF? I feel a 250sx might be a little too much bike for me, power wise. But I definitely want a 2-stroke with the same bottom end delivery as my CRF with some top end power to keep it fun. Otherwise I don’t mind keeping the CRF around a little longer.
|
Kyle978
4/9/2020 9:03pm
Keep the 250f, you have a great all around bike. Enjoy!
foreman52
Fantasy
3178th
4/9/2020 9:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2020 9:25pm
I’ve never owned a 2-stroke and I just recently bought a 15 SX250 and it’s one of the most fun bikes I’ve ever had. Since I moved up to big bikes in 09 I’ve always been on a 250F or 450F. I couldn’t believe how much bottom end the SX had. Given how easy they are to maintain and if you blow one of it cost 1G compared to 3-4K I think I found the right amount of strokes for my wallet and fun.

The Shop

4/10/2020 8:24am
I have the same bike OP. And kicked around the idea of selling and getting a freshie. I ultimately decided to invest in suspension (FC) and freshening it up. I loved how it handled and was riding well on it. i was happy with it before, I'm ecstatic now.

Post a reply to: Best bike to move up to from my 18 CRF250r? Or should I keep my bike?

The Latest