Best WP revalve

Related:
Create New Tag

9/2/2020 12:25 AM

I have a 2021 Tc125 and am looking to revalve it. Im usually more of a KYB guy so I'm new to this air fork stuff.

Thanks

|

9/2/2020 3:03 AM

Do more riding, do less posting.

We could all take that advice to certain degrees, but Christ it’s way often with you asking questions that already have 1000 topics on them.

|

9/2/2020 8:44 AM

some one has a case of the monday’s ... on a wednesday

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

9/2/2020 10:03 AM

I am quite happy with Enzo.

|

9/2/2020 10:04 AM

Ive had success with Kreft, they are excellent a communicating with the rider.

|

9/2/2020 10:09 AM

Anyone tried the race tech gold valve kits?

|

9/2/2020 10:14 AM

Ride it, ride it, ride it. These forks need to break in. I have a 2020 450sxf with 6 hours on it, forks have gotten better everytime I go out. I too was a *KyB gUy* but hey, it's okay, you'll be just fine. Pull up your big boy pants, grab your nuts and slap them on the seat go ride that beast.

|

9/2/2020 10:22 AM

Powerband

|

9/2/2020 10:24 AM

|

9/2/2020 10:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2020 10:43 AM

OrangeJuice158 wrote:

Yes! I have RaceTech Gold Valves on the WP suspension on my Alta MXR and its FANTASTIC!!! I race B class here in SoCal and went with a Pro MX valving setting and its incredible. The key to getting a good feel in the AER48 is to run slightly higher than normal air pressure coupled with a midvalve stack that has a good amount of float/bleed. This allows the fork to more more freely under slow velocity situations (like cornering, etc), making it feel plush when you need it. But when you push the fork hard, the damping ramps up very fast and it just eats everything up. Ive OJd almost to flat a few jumps on the main track at Fox Raceway and the suspension just begs for more. When you have suspension like that, its confidence inspiring!

|

9/2/2020 10:43 AM

Mxtech lucky cartridges, front end feels way more planted if you get rid of the air

|

9/2/2020 12:45 PM

OrangeJuice158 wrote:

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Yes! I have RaceTech Gold Valves on the WP suspension on my Alta MXR and its FANTASTIC!!! I race B class here in SoCal and went with a Pro MX valving setting and its incredible. The key to getting a good feel in the AER48 is to run slightly higher than normal air pressure coupled with a midvalve stack that has a good amount of float/bleed. This allows the fork to more more freely under slow velocity situations (like cornering, etc), making it feel plush when you need it. But when you push the fork hard, the damping ramps up very fast and it just eats everything up. Ive OJd almost to flat a few jumps on the main track at Fox Raceway and the suspension just begs for more. When you have suspension like that, its confidence inspiring!

Awesome thanks for the feedback! Did you settle on settings from the racetech calculators, particularly with regards to air pressure?

|

9/2/2020 1:17 PM

ENZO

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

9/2/2020 1:51 PM

In Washington, call EVO.

|

9/2/2020 2:01 PM

OrangeJuice158 wrote:

theycallmeebryan wrote:

OrangeJuice158 wrote:

Awesome thanks for the feedback! Did you settle on settings from the racetech calculators, particularly with regards to air pressure?

Yes, the setting they provided was nearly spot on. Running 168psi in the fork and the a few clicks out on rebound damping compared to their recommendation. The recommended clicker settings should get you close, but i fine tuned it a little bit and I love it.

|

9/2/2020 2:28 PM

WP spring conversion kit

|

9/2/2020 2:55 PM

OrangeJuice158 wrote:

Pretty sure Jeff posts over here too, but just a week or so ago we did up his KTM450 AER forks that he was pretty happy with stock. He's had experience with a good amount of tuners throughout his years racing and gives a pretty good run down of what to expect. He put a piece together on Swap Moto about his experience with his local Race Tech Center, JH2 out of southern Illinois.

|

Race Tech Director of Marketing
www.racetech.com
Proud supporters of VitalMX. Ask me about the VitalMX Discount!

9/2/2020 3:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2020 3:57 PM

yz133rider wrote:

Do more riding, do less posting.

We could all take that advice to certain degrees, but Christ it’s way often with you asking questions that already have 1000 topics on them.

Says the guy with 2747 posts

|

9/2/2020 4:02 PM

skeef wrote:

Ride it, ride it, ride it. These forks need to break in. I have a 2020 450sxf with 6 hours on it, forks have gotten better everytime I go out. I too was a *KyB gUy* but hey, it's okay, you'll be just fine. Pull up your big boy pants, grab your nuts and slap them on the seat go ride that beast.

By referring to myself as a “KyB gUy” I was implying that I didn’t know what companies do the best revalve on that brand since I’m new to it, not that I’m a panzie. Although I am a panzie

|

9/2/2020 4:44 PM

Factory Connection WP Bladder kit and revalve worked for me!

|

9/2/2020 4:47 PM

Any of the big 4 or Powerband, REP, MX tech. Pick your poison...

|

9/2/2020 4:51 PM

Someone remotely local that has a good reputation for that suspension. I took my stuff 3.5 hours to a guy that gets amazing reviews on the WP stuff and am very happy

|

9/2/2020 4:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2020 4:56 PM

Definetly break them in first.. 10-12 hours and you will know what you want. Don’t be scared to play with air settings. My Stock yzf does feel a little bit better than the revalve TC Once track gets rough but Im happy with The wp

That’s about all I’ve got!

|

9/2/2020 5:27 PM

OrangeJuice158 wrote:

Riesenberg448 wrote:

Pretty sure Jeff posts over here too, but just a week or so ago we did up his KTM450 AER forks that he was pretty happy with stock. He's had experience with a good amount of tuners throughout his years racing and gives a pretty good run down of what to expect. He put a piece together on Swap Moto about his experience with his local Race Tech Center, JH2 out of southern Illinois.

Chris,

Thanks for the email reply I appreciate it!

Barron

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

9/2/2020 6:23 PM

Anyone try RG3 revalve on WP AER’s? I only have exp using them with Showa and they seemed to do well compared to the stock valving.

|

9/2/2020 7:17 PM

OrangeJuice158 wrote:

theycallmeebryan wrote:

I ordered gold valves, comp and rebound, for my AER 48s today. Looking forward to seeing if I can see any improvement with them. Interesting what you’re saying about high pressure. I’ve settled at 135 psi with the clickers pretty far out on the stock 350xcf forks. Race tech website suggests 155 psi for my speed/weight which seems very high...

|

9/2/2020 7:25 PM

Riesenberg448 wrote:

That shop is about 2.5 hrs from me I think I’ll give them a call for my 250xc. Good write up and article, hopefully I can make them work for Both moto/XC

|

9/2/2020 10:36 PM

ktmdan wrote:

I ordered gold valves, comp and rebound, for my AER 48s today. Looking forward to seeing if I can see any improvement with them. Interesting what you’re saying about high pressure. I’ve settled at 135 psi with the clickers pretty far out on the stock 350xcf forks. Race tech website suggests 155 psi for my speed/weight which seems very high...

Crutcher was the same way. He’s running very close to a DVS setting and spec. My email chris@racetech.com is available with any questions or concerns. I’ll give you my personal cell via email too just Incase. The Race Tech 100% guarantee is real, something we stand behind, and not just marketing BS.

You have a fantastic product on its way. (Make sure you use a quality fluid!)

|

Race Tech Director of Marketing
www.racetech.com
Proud supporters of VitalMX. Ask me about the VitalMX Discount!

9/3/2020 5:31 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

ktmdan wrote:

Riesenberg448 wrote:

Crutcher was the same way. He’s running very close to a DVS setting and spec. My email chris@racetech.com is available with any questions or concerns. I’ll give you my personal cell via email too just Incase. The Race Tech 100% guarantee is real, something we stand behind, and not just marketing BS.

You have a fantastic product on its way. (Make sure you use a quality fluid!)

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.
I have a friend who attended the race tech seminars and said it was fantastic. Would love to attend one day.

|

9/3/2020 5:39 AM

KREFT, Got a revalve with the shock shaft and forks micro polished. I was very surprised how good it was compared to the stock setup that wasn't terrible.

|