Best Site for MXGP Coverage?

bayodome
Fantasy
4180th
2/27/2020 8:02am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2020 2:23pm
Just curious if there is a go-to website for MXGP coverage comparable to Racer X or Vital?

I've been checking out gatedrop.com and MXVice lately and they seem decent. Althought both tend to post a bit too many press releases posing as articles. Gatedrop had some great preview articles this week. Really enjoyed the MXGP Rookie preview by Andy McKinstry.

Any other sites out there worth digging into?
|
Bearuno
2/27/2020 8:43am Edited Date/Time 2/29/2020 1:16am
Try the Free Emag, On Track Off Road. You'll get coverage , at times, overnight after a GP, that is far better than much of the Internet reporting. Also, you get a lot of WSBK and MotoGP with it. Heck, they even have Matthes write for them, at times ..........

MX Large, despite being run by a Luongo Lover, is a Good source of info. Plenty here on this site / forum despise him ( and, to a large extent, justifiably so), and refuse to go to it, but, that's a bit like cutting your nose off, to spite your face. It's easy to spot Geoffs sucking up to / delivering the Luongo Line, and, for you to regard it as such. It is outweighed by the good content. It's the same with Gate Drop, that you like already - a fellow that writes for it ( runs it?) is quite 'on the nose' to some here. Mainly because he has a habit of baiting / slagging the US scene and it's hard core 'fans' that (often) do exactly the same with regards to the GPs. It's all a bit pathetic, from both sides, I reckon.

MXGP have their own monthly E mag - free - and it has some good stuff at times, but, it really, really is a full on Luongo controlled thing. His editorials really are a f**king insult to even the dumbest of intelligences, at times.

There's a whole bunch more ( good reading and, video) out there, with regards to the Euro/ Brit / GP scene(s), but heck, there's a limit to what you can take in.

MX Vice, as you've listed already, is probably the best English language site for the GPs.
2/27/2020 9:07am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2020 9:12am
I've written a ton of previews on MX Vice this week that may get you in the mood for Matterley. Here are a couple of those:

MX2 Preview Part I

MXGP Preview Part I

MXGP Preview Part II

Unique MXGP Statistics

MXGP Opening Round Quiz

Important Round One Information

We also had our weekly MX Vice Show podcast last night, where we broke down each class and went through some predictions and all that.

Hope that helps out a bit!
DeStouwer
2/27/2020 9:13am
I've written a ton of previews on MX Vice this week that may get you in the mood for Matterley. Here are a couple of those...
I've written a ton of previews on MX Vice this week that may get you in the mood for Matterley. Here are a couple of those:

MX2 Preview Part I

MXGP Preview Part I

MXGP Preview Part II

Unique MXGP Statistics

MXGP Opening Round Quiz

We also had our weekly MX Vice Show podcast last night, where we broke down each class and went through some predictions and all that.

Hey Lewis, not wanting to be a dick, but there's a small mistake in the MXGP opening round quiz: the first round of 2004 was held at Zolder and was won by Cédric Melotte instead of Stefan Everts 😁

I like your work on MX Vice!
2/27/2020 9:20am
I've written a ton of previews on MX Vice this week that may get you in the mood for Matterley. Here are a couple of those...

MX2 Preview Part I

MXGP Preview Part I

MXGP Preview Part II

Unique MXGP Statistics

MXGP Opening Round Quiz

DeStouwer wrote:
Hey Lewis, not wanting to be a dick, but there's a small mistake in the MXGP opening round quiz: the first round of 2004 was held...
Hey Lewis, not wanting to be a dick, but there's a small mistake in the MXGP opening round quiz: the first round of 2004 was held at Zolder and was won by Cédric Melotte instead of Stefan Everts 😁

You're right! Dammit. Brain fart. Already got that fixed Wink

The Shop

Cortami79
2/27/2020 9:20am
MxVice is great. They sound like a group of guys that I could hangout an entire night with and talk about moto. Also it seems like they know all the riders fairly well, if you listen to the podcast interviews. Lewis is a massive herlings fan thoughLaughing
2/27/2020 9:27am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2020 9:28am
Cortami79 wrote:
MxVice is great. They sound like a group of guys that I could hangout an entire night with and talk about moto. Also it seems like...
MxVice is great. They sound like a group of guys that I could hangout an entire night with and talk about moto. Also it seems like they know all the riders fairly well, if you listen to the podcast interviews. Lewis is a massive herlings fan thoughLaughing
Sounds like you have us sussed pretty well Grinning Crazy this is my seventh year doing the full season - it's worked well! All of the guys give us pretty open interviews and I think that we can show more of the personalities, so it's good.
Motofinne
2/27/2020 9:35am
MX Vice and On Track Off Road. Some of the best people out there!
Robgvx
2/27/2020 10:36am
+1 for MX Vice.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
2/27/2020 11:07am
Yeah. We (Vital) do post coverage of MXGP (Results Sheet and GP Bits, as well as general news coverage), but MX Vice is typically my choice if I'm looking for more in-depth coverage. They do a great job.
bayodome
Fantasy
4180th
2/27/2020 12:42pm
I guess I have it covered then. Thought maybe there was a good site that I've been missing out on.

Keep up the good work, Lewis. MXGPs are shaping up to be amazing this year!
philG
2/27/2020 1:11pm
MX Vice .
Loads of stuff, in the build up , and plenty of post race Pods too, and now the live show..

My goal this weekend is to get a picture of Glenn Coldenhoff stood at a hotel check in desk.
jemcee
2/27/2020 6:23pm
Cortami79 wrote:
MxVice is great. They sound like a group of guys that I could hangout an entire night with and talk about moto. Also it seems like...
Sounds like you have us sussed pretty well :lol: Crazy this is my seventh year doing the full season - it's worked well! All of the...
Sounds like you have us sussed pretty well Grinning Crazy this is my seventh year doing the full season - it's worked well! All of the guys give us pretty open interviews and I think that we can show more of the personalities, so it's good.
The only thing that shits me about those guys is they eek out their sick photos 1 at a time on facebook! Stop makin me work so hard and just put em in a gallery ya dickheads haha

Naah I get it some weeks ya prob don't have enough pics to put in a gallery I just gotta stay eagle eyed
Matthes
2/27/2020 6:54pm
Mx Large

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
pmcc
2/28/2020 8:27am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2020 8:30am
The preview articles from gatedrop for those who are interested. Yes bayodome your right Andy Mckinstry is my go guy to for any emx info.

MXGP - The title contenders
MXGP - The rookies
MXGP - The dark horses
MXGP - Forgotten talents
Mx2 - The contenders
Mx2 - The underdogs
Emx125 - The contenders
Emx125 - New blood
RG1
2/28/2020 11:02am

MX2 Preview Part I

MXGP Preview Part I

MXGP Preview Part II

Unique MXGP Statistics

MXGP Opening Round Quiz

DeStouwer wrote:
Hey Lewis, not wanting to be a dick, but there's a small mistake in the MXGP opening round quiz: the first round of 2004 was held...

You're right! Dammit. Brain fart. Already got that fixed Wink
I was robbed of my 100% score Laughing
RG1
2/28/2020 11:08am
MXvice is your go to for GP coverage. Especially once the season starts. Weekly podcast show and over an hour of rider interviews from every round. They do a great job
FuzzyLogic
2/28/2020 11:21am
Is there a MXGP equivalent to the NBC Gold Pass that we can get here in the US? If so, what is it, and what is the cost?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/28/2020 11:22am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2020 11:27am
FuzzyLogic wrote:
Is there a MXGP equivalent to the NBC Gold Pass that we can get here in the US? If so, what is it, and what is...
Is there a MXGP equivalent to the NBC Gold Pass that we can get here in the US? If so, what is it, and what is the cost?
Renner153
Fantasy
3544th
2/28/2020 11:27am
Mx vice has by far the best coverage. Mxgp.com has the obvious info. Lewis and the boys do an incredible job tho!
2/28/2020 2:10pm
Hey Lewis
Did you get any of the ama supercross riders to predict the winners of the opening round of GPs in the end?
Or did I just miss it?
2/28/2020 2:23pm
Hey Lewis Did you get any of the ama supercross riders to predict the winners of the opening round of GPs in the end? Or did...
Hey Lewis
Did you get any of the ama supercross riders to predict the winners of the opening round of GPs in the end?
Or did I just miss it?
I started it... It wasn't going as well as when MXGP riders did predictions for Anaheim 1 though, so I canned it.

I feel like everyone (including me) had high expectations after the MXGP version so Laughing
Bearuno
2/29/2020 1:01am
philG wrote:
MX Vice . Loads of stuff, in the build up , and plenty of post race Pods too, and now the live show.. My goal this...
MX Vice .
Loads of stuff, in the build up , and plenty of post race Pods too, and now the live show..

My goal this weekend is to get a picture of Glenn Coldenhoff stood at a hotel check in desk.
Phil, - your goal is somewhat weird, and, pretty bloody staid.

I would have thought a bloke of your bore and stroke, would have a 'loftier' goal than that.

Wish I was there, but, travel is curtailed for some 'maintenance' on the Bear body. Matterley and Valkenswaard would have been a hell of a combo.

Hopefully I will get over next year (if there is a Matterley Basin GP ) , and, some later this year. Maybe Indo ( it's not much spendier than staying at home) again as this years starter, but, the World might have turned to crap by then......... Whistling

Post a reply to: Best Site for MXGP Coverage?

The Latest