Best Moto Beefs

kmp1219
What's your favorite one? Not so much rivalry, as that can span the entire career of a rider, but what's your favorite individual moment? Villo throwing the bike at Lawrence? Seely calling out Anderson last year in Racer X? Weston boxing Vince? Let's hear some good ones.

A great one that doesn't get brought up often happened when Stew and Reed were battling for a tight championship during the 2009 supercross season. Towards the end of the series in Salt Lake City Chad went to lap Kyle Chisholm, who at the time was Bubba's teammate at San Manuel Red Bull Factory Yamaha. As Chisholm saw Reed he sped up and dumped him in the next berm from 1 lap down and was immediately black flagged and later fined and suspended.

Afterwards, Chad didn't hold back in the live post-race interview and called out Stewart's team, and asked a reporter who Kyle Chisholm even was. Chad went on to mention in the interview that if Stewart wanted to play that game then to bring it because he had one of the best teammates (Mike Alessi at the time) who was a great starter and had his back. Completely captured the passion and intensity of the championship race during the heat of the moment.

Now... Share some other good ones..
|

The Shop

mxcolin
Fantasy
4166th
2/1/2017 10:20am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2017 10:30am
Kiedrowski and LaRocco when they were with Kawi, LaRocco ghosted his bike into Kiedrowski after the finish at Red Bud? Can't remember the year.
Ted722
2/1/2017 10:46am
Jeff Stanton with one of the classic lines "I parked him" at the 1990 MX des Nations.

From RacerX - http://racerxonline.com/2006/07/21/great-races-the-1990-motocross-des-n…

...The duo exited into the track's back section, but when he came back into view, Stanton was all alone. Where was Geukens? Stanton knew the answer. "In practice, Geukens follows you, passes you back and forth,” he explained of the Belgian’s Saturday practice antics. “It's stupid and I got tired of his BS all day. So I put him down in the back. I parked him. He screwed with us too many times and I got tired of it.”

"He hit me in front, he went inside," said Geukens. "It's not a nice way to pass."....After the race, he came looking for Stanton. "Congratulations," he told him, shaking his hand. "But I'll remember it for next year."

There was no next year for Geukens, as one year later, Stanton showed up in deep brown sand of Valkenswaard, Holland, aboard a 500cc Honda and once again gave the Grand Prix riders a serious schooling, leading Team USA to Motocross des Nations victory number 11.

Kenny Lingus
2/1/2017 11:24am
Doug Henry and Ryan Hughes at the '94 Steel City national. Henry was already champ and was battling with Hughes for second. Hughes needed points to get second in championship from Lamson who was leading. They both go down. Hughes smacks Doug with a left/right. Doug starts to go to his bike, realizes he is already champ, turns around and tackles Hughes. He literally put Hughes in a head lock and ripped him off his bike tossing Hughes like rag doll.

Still a huge Henry fan to this day. Even still a fan of Hughes, even though, well, it's Ryan Hughes.Wink
JB 19
2/1/2017 11:33am
mxcolin wrote:
Kiedrowski and LaRocco when they were with Kawi, LaRocco ghosted his bike into Kiedrowski after the finish at Red Bud? Can't remember the year.
This. Could you imagine the internet meltdown these days if something like this happened. Wow.
Ted722
2/1/2017 11:38am
Matiasevich was on PulpMX show recently and was asked how he and Bradshaw are doing. Paraphrasing, "Well, Steve, I ran out of toilet paper one day and grabbed for the Bradshaw issue to wipe my ass."....Smile

omalley
2/1/2017 11:47am
mxcolin wrote:
'94-Kied ghosted into LaRocco after they tangled on the last lap. About 24-25 min in:

https://youtu.be/vRIS69lTX1Y
doghouse
2/1/2017 11:50am
TeamGreen wrote:
Hannah-Howerton at Saddleback
This is the standard by which all others are measured.
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
2/1/2017 12:14pm
Preston getting in Bubbas face after getting taken out by him at Toronto supercross in 06 or 07.
Fourth_Floor
2/1/2017 12:42pm
Doug Henry and Ryan Hughes at the '94 Steel City national. Henry was already champ and was battling with Hughes for second. Hughes needed points to...
Doug Henry and Ryan Hughes at the '94 Steel City national. Henry was already champ and was battling with Hughes for second. Hughes needed points to get second in championship from Lamson who was leading. They both go down. Hughes smacks Doug with a left/right. Doug starts to go to his bike, realizes he is already champ, turns around and tackles Hughes. He literally put Hughes in a head lock and ripped him off his bike tossing Hughes like rag doll.

Still a huge Henry fan to this day. Even still a fan of Hughes, even though, well, it's Ryan Hughes.Wink
Any video of this haha?
Motofinne
2/1/2017 12:43pm
The Herlings interview is a classic. Probably the video that really started the hate towards him, even people that have no interest in GPs and doesn't watch a single race started hating him haha.

Well those days are long gone now, i think.
ruy
2/1/2017 12:49pm

Here Bayle take the Bradshaw glasses
Jean Michel Bayle # Damon Bradshaw # supercross US Los Angeles Coliseum # This 2 riders faith all the time, and Matiasevich, this 3 is terrible.
Kenny Lingus
2/1/2017 1:20pm
Any video of this haha?
Any video of this haha?
Terrafirma 1 I believe has it. Just Google it. Links are out of my league.Laughing
MX690
2/1/2017 1:40pm
Ryno came off looking like a massive douch after that,. He started the whole thing and then tried to play the victim with the whole "what's your problem dude"
2slow4u
2/1/2017 2:10pm
J law and whoever he raced lol
that's how it was growing up with him, his problem was he was so small that he never won when it came to riding dirty, he didn't really get to take anyone out until he was already an A rider.
tobz
2/1/2017 3:04pm
Ronron vs dv12

Preston/Walker
StretchASU
2/1/2017 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2017 3:20pm
Doug Henry and Ryan Hughes at the '94 Steel City national. Henry was already champ and was battling with Hughes for second. Hughes needed points to...

Any video of this haha?
Any video of this haha?
Fast forward to 2:15...Doug Henry is the man.
BobPA
2/1/2017 3:43pm
Honda vs Two Strokes
oilman400
Fantasy
2022nd
2/1/2017 3:46pm
Would love to hear stories from both sides on a podcast, it would be entertaining to hear both riders talk and laugh about there incident and when or if they got over it.

Post a reply to: Best Moto Beefs

The Latest