Best Michigan tracks for VET guys?

MX114
3/13/2019 8:09am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2019 8:37am
Raced at both Log Road and Baja Acres in 2013 for LL qualifiers. Log Road was fun, great dirt, kinda simple. Nothing too big but had a little bit of everything. Really enjoyed that track! Especially when pulled a nice holey in my 2nd moto on the YZ250 over a gate full of 450’s lol. Baja was a whole other kind of monster. Holy shit that place is gnarly. Rough ,fast, and some big jumps. It’s pro national capable minus the parking. That’s the only thing missing cause the track is legit
Tuzzo123
3/13/2019 8:54am
MxKing809 wrote:
Sandbox and Bulldogs.

I’m a member at Bulldogs and can take you out there sometime. Shoot me a text. 9898917454

I agree, Bulldogs does indeed get rough, but it's SAND ( soft) if you make a mistake, and all the jumps are either tabletops or step ups (safe). Like MxKing809 referenced. you have to be a member there to practice. Our first Race is April 6th, come on out and give it a try.
3/13/2019 5:34pm
Its a little bit of a drive but LTMX in Indiana is awesome. Sand, lots of flow, big berms, trees...its like heaven.
mimafia
Fantasy
2682nd
3/13/2019 6:06pm
Martin MX is probably one of, if not THE best practice track in Michigan. The owner puts his heart into the track and every practice the...
Martin MX is probably one of, if not THE best practice track in Michigan. The owner puts his heart into the track and every practice the track is in prime conditions. Never dusty, hardly muddy, and all the jumps are pretty tame. Seriously though the owner keeps the moisture so well in the track you hardly have to wash your bike after riding there sometimes. The track attracts a LOT of people on the weekends so I recommend if you can to go to a Wednesday afternoon practice 3-8pm. Usually, Wednesdays are filled with fast guys and Vet riders. Most weekends are jam packed with C-riders. This past summer I stopped going on weekends because there was usually 3 sessions of C-level practice which made for a long day waiting for A/B to be allowed on the track. Valley Motocross is also really fun. One track that has not been mentioned on here is Grattan MX. Their motocross track is built on the same grounds as the road race course. The track is more of a traditional motocross track that's built in between two big hills. Not a whole lot of jumps, but lots of hills, climbs, long straights, and off camber corners. You really get to let your bike stretch its legs on the long climbs and long straightaways. Grattan MX is one of my favorite places to ride, but they only have maybe one or two practices a year alongside a handful of races. If you can, I highly suggest going to Grattan MX on one of their open practices. Usually when they run motocross practice, the Porsches, vettes, and even shifter karts are usually on the road race course. Pretty cool to watch those dudes rip while you are waiting for your group to be called onto the track.
You're right about the track conditions at Martin. He does a great job. Except around 5 years ago he was watering the face of the tabletop by the pits as I was approaching it on a 125. Rear end slid out and I landed completely sideways and pile-drived my shoulder into the ground. It never did heal right. I suppose I should have realized it and slowed down.

I do miss some of the cool jumps before the new owner took over. Anyone remember the single to table to triple right out of the corner where the whoops next to 131 are now? And that huge double where the triple doubles are now? So fun. But the track is definitely safer now. A lot of the jumps might be a bit too tame though like the 35 foot tabletop after the whoops lol. A single would be better than that jump. I'd rather go around it. Maybe he put it there to slow people down on the back section, who knows. But all in all what a great practice track to have close by.

The Shop

motomike894
3/13/2019 7:36pm
Martin is always prepped amazing like a national, nothing special jump wise but the prep and dirt makes up for it, lol road is pretty mellow too, Supercoops isn’t bad if you like really sandy stuff, twisted isn’t too bad but I think it’s super boring and jumps were weird last time I was there, not built well etc.

Mx express is awesome, prep is amazing, cool layout it’s jusy small but I like going there for sure.
JB500
3/13/2019 7:46pm
All these posts read like my week to week riding schedule! ?.
Martin, Red Bud, MX Express, LTMX, Log Road, Dutch, Motoland...and add Walnut, Mt. Caroll, Lincoln Trail, Parsons, Pushetta Creek, Wildcat Creek, etc. Spanning IN, MI, IL, OH, we have some great tracks here in the Midwest and somewhere great to ride every week- and enough private tracks close to fill the weekdays as much as needed. The downside? Snow.
Brett_Clark
3/13/2019 10:46pm
Kkawi wrote:
Portland is one of my favorite tracks, out near Lansing, very fun and fairly safe. Martin is far but that is a great track. Supercoops is...
Portland is one of my favorite tracks, out near Lansing, very fun and fairly safe. Martin is far but that is a great track. Supercoops is fun and close, but it does get rough and its sandy, which I like but you may not. I have yet to ride Baja on a day when it was smooth, lol, I love that track but I will not hit the Ski jump. I've seen so many people eat shit hard on it. Sandbox is good, but is extremely sandy and gets very rough. I don't like the take off of the table tops at Twisted, they launch you weird IMO.
Yeah the lauches at twisted are wierd but Im fine w it, the landings were peaked and higher like a step up when I was there...
Yeah the lauches at twisted are wierd but Im fine w it, the landings were peaked and higher like a step up when I was there.

I used to hit the ski jump at baja like 15 years ago. No more all set now thanks lol. Too old and timid for that anymore. I was a solid B rider thats it. All my old A class buddies still hit everything, Im good though....
SCAM124 wrote:
I run a private MX club in Irish hills with some other guys here (also Vitards). We're looking to expand our rider guest list. especially to...
I run a private MX club in Irish hills with some other guys here (also Vitards).
We're looking to expand our rider guest list. especially to old slow guys like us! We have 5 club events per season, practice days.
Shoot me a PM with your email. I can put you in the loop if you'd like...
I've rode here many years ago and can vouch that this is a fun track. It has some elevation changes and is in and out of the woods. Also has a mix of sand and clay. Check it out
SCAM124
Fantasy
2161st
3/14/2019 12:37pm
Yeah the lauches at twisted are wierd but Im fine w it, the landings were peaked and higher like a step up when I was there...
Yeah the lauches at twisted are wierd but Im fine w it, the landings were peaked and higher like a step up when I was there.

I used to hit the ski jump at baja like 15 years ago. No more all set now thanks lol. Too old and timid for that anymore. I was a solid B rider thats it. All my old A class buddies still hit everything, Im good though....
SCAM124 wrote:
I run a private MX club in Irish hills with some other guys here (also Vitards). We're looking to expand our rider guest list. especially to...
I run a private MX club in Irish hills with some other guys here (also Vitards).
We're looking to expand our rider guest list. especially to old slow guys like us! We have 5 club events per season, practice days.
I've rode here many years ago and can vouch that this is a fun track. It has some elevation changes and is in and out of...
I've rode here many years ago and can vouch that this is a fun track. It has some elevation changes and is in and out of the woods. Also has a mix of sand and clay. Check it out
You are also welcome as a guest. PM me with your email if your interested!
crowe176
3/14/2019 12:55pm
Growing up in West Michigan, Big Air has always been my favorite. I wouldn't say it's vet friendly, but it's been tamed down a lot and the dirt is always primo, as they put a lot of time into it.

Martin has been my goto for the last few years just because its always perfect prep. It's probably the best vet friendly track imo. They are always open early season, until it snows. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Valley or morelands is a classic D14, and always a good time, and prepped to perfection.

Motoland, while it's in Indiana, isn't much of a drive, and its an experience.. The track is a riot

One track I miss, that I used to ride a lot is Kingsley? South of Traverse City.. That track was soooo fun..

Wish Gratten was open more, as that piece of property is about as good as it gets.

So many great tracks in Michgan..

dust1905
3/14/2019 1:17pm
Mustang Sally's is getting ready to re-open again here in Indiana. Great place to just put laps in. Its just across the line on the north side of south bend west of the airport. Wednesdays 3pm to dusk and Sundays 12pm to dusk.
MotoMo165
8/31/2019 5:25pm
SCAM124 wrote:
I've rode here many years ago and can vouch that this is a fun track. It has some elevation changes and is in and out of...
SCAM124 wrote:
You are also welcome as a guest. PM me with your email if your interested!
Pm sent!! Let me know, thanks.
redrider_714
Fantasy
2268th
8/31/2019 7:43pm
RedBud is always badass on amateur weekend. Also really like Dutch, been there the past few years and found track to be really fun and ridable.

Post a reply to: Best Michigan tracks for VET guys?

The Latest