Best James Stewart Races

DF313
Fantasy
2455th
1/18/2019 5:24pm
I love how he would always jump into the the turning berms in supercross. Not using the jump landing, he'd just land in the berm, leg out, already turning. He's got to be one of the best at corner speed.
1/18/2019 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2019 5:31pm
zehn wrote:
Too many to list. I would start with 2014 Toronto. His last true masterpiece IMO
Dust601 wrote:
One of my favorites of his to watch. What a amazing ride. The long rhythm section, and wheelie over bumps into triple he just absolutely dominated...
One of my favorites of his to watch. What a amazing ride. The long rhythm section, and wheelie over bumps into triple he just absolutely dominated everyone. Even when others saw what he was doing they still had no response.

Great, now I’m going to be watching old races all night now lol
lol seriously, I just watched Toronto 2014 and Budds Creek 2003 because of this thread, and I have a feeling I’m now going to accidentally end up watching all of the 2006 SX season all over again.

Also, after watching Toronto, it’s funny seeing how James and Seven ushered in the era of compression-fit gear and bold color schemes.

The Shop

loftyair
1/18/2019 5:47pm
The one sx race I believe kx125. He takes a right turn, off a triple jump take-off, lands already cornering, insane.
Forty
1/18/2019 5:53pm
Not sure what race. He scrubs under Ivan Tedesco for the pass. Ivan was on 450 Honda. Crazy.
1/18/2019 6:08pm
After watching all these vids, I’m curious... is there footage of all these old races in better quality than what I’m getting from YouTube? Watching Washougal ‘06 right now, and it’s not terrible quality, but it had to have looked a little better than this back then.
Meister
1/18/2019 7:37pm
Last to first in the mud. Can't remember the race.
zehn
1/18/2019 8:03pm
After watching all these vids, I’m curious... is there footage of all these old races in better quality than what I’m getting from YouTube? Watching Washougal...
After watching all these vids, I’m curious... is there footage of all these old races in better quality than what I’m getting from YouTube? Watching Washougal ‘06 right now, and it’s not terrible quality, but it had to have looked a little better than this back then.
If there is I’d like to know about it. Watching grainy VHS converted to digital makes it hard to watch more than one at a time
FI2T
1/18/2019 8:08pm
Moto 2 of 2013 Mec. Stewart hit a rhythm line that was nutty and traded spots with Villopoto several times. Couldn't find it on YouTube but it was a sweet battle!
urbanlift707
1/18/2019 8:12pm
Lost of good 2009 sx ones as well, more dominating ones where Houston and San Diego and good stew reed battles at salt lake and Jacksonville that year.
ctbale
1/18/2019 8:58pm
The SX race when he was on the Suzuki.. Hunted down RV2 and gapped everyone.. was doin some crazy balls stuff as Matthes would say..
zehn wrote:
That was 14 Toronto
14 Toronto was one of his best races. Fro and Ralph didnt even have Stew on thier radar till mid race. By then he had passed 14 guys and was in like 5th.

RV had the Flu and didnt race the main. Something I have always wondered is if RV would have been in first and stew was on that rampage passing everyone, would RV have had anything for stew?

1/18/2019 9:09pm
After watching all these vids, I’m curious... is there footage of all these old races in better quality than what I’m getting from YouTube? Watching Washougal...
zehn wrote:
If there is I’d like to know about it. Watching grainy VHS converted to digital makes it hard to watch more than one at a time
Yeah, that Budds Creek ‘03 video is terrible.
hamncheeze
1/18/2019 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2019 9:20pm
Lost of good 2009 sx ones as well, more dominating ones where Houston and San Diego and good stew reed battles at salt lake and Jacksonville...
Lost of good 2009 sx ones as well, more dominating ones where Houston and San Diego and good stew reed battles at salt lake and Jacksonville that year.
Jacksonville 2009 was a great race. Also even though it doesn't end well for JS7, Atlanta 2011 was pretty good too.
zehn
1/18/2019 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2019 9:42pm
The SX race when he was on the Suzuki.. Hunted down RV2 and gapped everyone.. was doin some crazy balls stuff as Matthes would say..
zehn wrote:
That was 14 Toronto
ctbale wrote:
14 Toronto was one of his best races. Fro and Ralph didnt even have Stew on thier radar till mid race. By then he had passed...
14 Toronto was one of his best races. Fro and Ralph didnt even have Stew on thier radar till mid race. By then he had passed 14 guys and was in like 5th.

RV had the Flu and didnt race the main. Something I have always wondered is if RV would have been in first and stew was on that rampage passing everyone, would RV have had anything for stew?

1/18/2019 10:31pm
This is the most brutal thing I've seen in MX history, Chad has had a chip on his shoulder ever since taking out Stewart multiple times during their careers, I'd argue Reed has made some of the dirtiest passes in SX history (Only on Stewart though).
1/18/2019 11:38pm
This is the most brutal thing I've seen in MX history, Chad has had a chip on his shoulder ever since taking out Stewart multiple times...
This is the most brutal thing I've seen in MX history, Chad has had a chip on his shoulder ever since taking out Stewart multiple times during their careers, I'd argue Reed has made some of the dirtiest passes in SX history (Only on Stewart though).
Stewart was playing with Reed. The stunning thing about that is that Reed was elite in that class. Stewart was simply the best of the best.
TDeath21
1/19/2019 12:15am
zehn wrote:
That was 14 Toronto
ctbale wrote:
14 Toronto was one of his best races. Fro and Ralph didnt even have Stew on thier radar till mid race. By then he had passed...

RV races the main in survival mode with limited track time. Holeshot and faded back inside the top ten I believe.

In my opinion, the race would have ended the exact same as Oakland of that same season. Go give that one a watch on YouTube. Very similar aside from a healthy RV.
1/19/2019 1:45am
This is the most brutal thing I've seen in MX history, Chad has had a chip on his shoulder ever since taking out Stewart multiple times...
Stewart was playing with Reed. The stunning thing about that is that Reed was elite in that class. Stewart was simply the best of the best.
Not to mention Reed's on a 250f lol.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
1/19/2019 4:22am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2019 4:23am
Hangtown 04, High Point 05 his first outdoor battle with RC while being on a two stroke. High Point 06 is great although it dosent end well. Budds in 2007. Freestone 08, Freestone 12 in the whoops, Millville 2013, to this day I doubt anyone could hit those whoops the way he did same as Freestone 12. High Point 2014 I don’t think there was a race win that ever came easier to him than that one and of course a week later the news broke ending his career effectively. At that point in the season James had won 3 of the last 4 motos and was making a charge.

For SX pick anything from 05 to 11 he was always the center of attention win or lose. I like seeing him in 03 it may have been his second season on a 125 but watching him it was clear from a rider stand point he was already the best “SX” rider in history in under 10 career races from a technical stand point. Indy 07 stands out but the whole 06 season was money and they used to be on you tube.

ruy
1/19/2019 5:16am
MX-LIFE.
1/19/2019 6:23am
I believe it was the 07 Indy SX where he got a horrible start and ran Chad Reed down and won! It was like beast mood it will remind you of the 2014 Toronto SX
ruy
1/19/2019 6:52am

Motoxtombo
1/19/2019 7:23am
ktmdan wrote:
How about the national after Reed kept saying all he needed was a holeshot and he'd beat Stew. Then Stew pulls over, lets him by, then...
How about the national after Reed kept saying all he needed was a holeshot and he'd beat Stew. Then Stew pulls over, lets him by, then passes him back.
Yup, that was pretty cool.I was there for that, I'm sure James had a smile on his face under his helmet. And Chad must of been pretty frustrated.
1/19/2019 9:21am
ktmdan wrote:
How about the national after Reed kept saying all he needed was a holeshot and he'd beat Stew. Then Stew pulls over, lets him by, then...
How about the national after Reed kept saying all he needed was a holeshot and he'd beat Stew. Then Stew pulls over, lets him by, then passes him back.
In Reeds defense, he had a bum shoulder, but Bubba was on another level.

Post a reply to: Best James Stewart Races

The Latest