Best Factory Suspension

Related:
Create New Tag

3/1/2019 5:51 AM

What do you think is the best suspension on a factory bike?

Also if ever publically sold which would be most expensive?

|

3/1/2019 6:05 AM

WP 52mm Cone Valve Super Secret Lease Only Edition forks with unobtanium coated tubes, bro... I might know a guy..

|

3/1/2019 6:18 AM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

WP 52mm Cone Valve Super Secret Lease Only Edition forks with unobtanium coated tubes, bro... I might know a guy..

Message me that email contact please, Bro

|

3/1/2019 6:21 AM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

slipdog wrote:

Message me that email contact please, Bro

The email works now ?

|

3/1/2019 6:28 AM

Showa to answer both your questions

|

IG @jaredkeller96

3/1/2019 6:29 AM

jaredkeller96 wrote:

Biased.laughing

|

3/1/2019 6:31 AM

jaredkeller96 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Biased.laughing

Well you’d say “kyb”

|

IG @jaredkeller96

3/1/2019 6:34 AM

showa that joey has or kroc

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

3/1/2019 6:35 AM

jaredkeller96 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Biased.laughing

jaredkeller96 wrote:

Well you’d say “kyb”

Not exactly, it would depend off bike, Tech etc....

But I will agree with your most expensive statement. The billet BFRC shock body for the 13-16 CRF450R chassis is a work of art.

|

3/1/2019 6:36 AM

jaredkeller96 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Biased.laughing

I was thinking the same thing, lol!

|

3/1/2019 9:34 AM

I'm gonna say the Showa 51mm stuff, and their billet shock. I have never seen them for sale. Even the 50mm kyb stuff will pop up now and then.

I've always been curious how rigid and smooth those forks are.

|

A wise man once said nothing

3/1/2019 10:36 AM

its so weird the euros own the suspension game in motorsport, but here we still use showa/KYB. maybe for the same reason we still use dunlop??

|

3/1/2019 12:14 PM

Yeti365 wrote:

I'm gonna say the Showa 51mm stuff, and their billet shock. I have never seen them for sale. Even the 50mm kyb stuff will pop up now and then.

How much you willing to pay for the 51's?

|

3/1/2019 12:31 PM

Yeti365 wrote:

slipdog wrote:

How much you willing to pay for the 51's?

About 350

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/1/2019 12:51 PM

milliebays wrote:

its so weird the euros own the suspension game in motorsport, but here we still use showa/KYB. maybe for the same reason we still use dunlop??

What do you mean they own the suspension game?

|

3/1/2019 12:56 PM

milliebays wrote:

Helda wrote:

What do you mean they own the suspension game?

sachs
nitron
ohlins
moton
KW? Bilstein?
(and penske)

have most of the marketshare in the club and pro markets. even subaru's own rally team, for example, uses euro stuff instead of japanese.

|

3/1/2019 1:07 PM

We are talking MX not rally, are you on the right forum

|

3/1/2019 4:04 PM

Euro:
Sölva
Öhlins
WP
Marzocchi
Sachs
Reiger

Japan:
Showa
Kayaba

There is no such thing as the best suspension.
You can get any of the top level setups to work similarly.
You could also have badly setup Showa A-kits vs well setup stockers and the latter would perform better.

Did anything move in regards of 52mm WP's in US recently? I have read something about them but nothing 100% reliable.

I never knew there were showa 51mm's! Any pics Slip? That is interesting.

|

3/1/2019 4:10 PM

Turbojez wrote:

Euro:
Sölva
Öhlins
WP
Marzocchi
Sachs
Reiger

Japan:
Showa
Kayaba

There is no such thing as the best suspension.
You can get any of the top level setups to work similarly.
You could also have badly setup Showa A-kits vs well setup stockers and the latter would perform better.

Did anything move in regards of 52mm WP's in US recently? I have read something about them but nothing 100% reliable.

I never knew there were showa 51mm's! Any pics Slip? That is interesting.

It’s definitely not Marzocchi.

|

3/1/2019 4:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2019 4:33 PM

milliebays wrote:

Wait what? With mx you get WP on KTM and then within the last couple years Husky. Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha is small time? Yea Showa, KYB... is 2 suspension brands, but they make up the majority of the market with those brands combined. Nobody has Ohlins either although nice. So its Europe-WP vs Japan-KYB, Showa...

|

3/1/2019 4:40 PM

It's interesting to me how Honda and Yamaha use Japanese suspension brands for everything but Moto GP, where they use Ohlins. And KTM is the only team in Moto GP that doesn't use Ohlins.

|

3/1/2019 4:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2019 4:51 PM

BikeGuy321 wrote:

It's interesting to me how Honda and Yamaha use Japanese suspension brands for everything but Moto GP, where they use Ohlins. And KTM is the only team in Moto GP that doesn't use Ohlins.

Thats easy with KTM, they own WP. Honda and Yamaha dont own Showa or KYB and Honda will win at all costs in MotoGP so if Ohlins is best... they use Ohlins. They let Ken and Seely use KYB or Showa... if Ohlins had better mx suspension than A-Kit you best believe Kenny could use it if need be. Ohlins happens to make the best MotoGP suspension... so thats what they use, and KTM owns WP.

|

3/1/2019 4:48 PM

IMHO all the suspension is good (Perhaps some a bit better) the magic is in the setup, daily tuning and maintenance.

|

Germany 1975 250 CZ Centerport, laydown shocks, mikuni with reed valve, Marzocchi forks with me as the motopilot

3/1/2019 5:14 PM

BikeGuy321 wrote:

drt410 wrote:

Thats easy with KTM, they own WP. Honda and Yamaha dont own Showa or KYB and Honda will win at all costs in MotoGP so if Ohlins is best... they use Ohlins. They let Ken and Seely use KYB or Showa... if Ohlins had better mx suspension than A-Kit you best believe Kenny could use it if need be. Ohlins happens to make the best MotoGP suspension... so thats what they use, and KTM owns WP.

Yamaha does own Soqi, but I don't imagine they will ever put an effort to produce any performance suspension product with it.

|

3/1/2019 5:15 PM

BikeGuy321 wrote:

Does Yamaha still own a portion of Ohlins, I know they sold out again but I thought Yamaha still had a share.

|

3/1/2019 5:18 PM

milliebays wrote:

drt410 wrote:

Wait what? With mx you get WP on KTM and then within the last couple years Husky. Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha is small time? Yea Showa, KYB... is 2 suspension brands, but they make up the majority of the market with those brands combined. Nobody has Ohlins either although nice. So its Europe-WP vs Japan-KYB, Showa...

Car and sportbike racing

|

3/1/2019 5:19 PM

Helda wrote:

We are talking MX not rally, are you on the right forum

Thats my point. Were a niche sport. Bigger sports use euro susp and euro tires. Why

|

3/1/2019 5:24 PM

BikeGuy321 wrote:

Helda wrote:

Does Yamaha still own a portion of Ohlins, I know they sold out again but I thought Yamaha still had a share.

No but honda still owns showa I believe.

|

3/1/2019 5:41 PM

drt410 wrote:

Honda and Showa have a very close relationship and have had since the 1940’s. Yamaha at various times has had some type of business interests in KYB and Ohlins. #nowyouknow

|

3/1/2019 5:44 PM

Patrick Potato wrote:

It’s definitely not Marzocchi.

The 50mm Marzocchi Shivers, their version of the A Kit, are very very good. Extremely rare and they don’t make them anymore (seem more focused on the mountain bikes these days), but they’re some of the best MX forks you can get.

|