Best Crowds in SX

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
5/7/2016 2:01am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2016 2:47pm
What are the most vocal and engaged crowds you can recall from an SX race? I was just rewatching this race, man are they into it, even when Dungey is 2 seconds back.

|
JPT
5/7/2016 7:19am
It's Minneapolis in the winter, they're trying not to freeze.
5/7/2016 8:19am
Atlanta 2011 was pretty nuts. The loudest I've ever heard the stadium was when Reed and Stewart got into it. Everybody was on their feet and eatching those two battle.
jmx411
5/7/2016 8:27am
Atlanta especially from 04-14. Place was sold out or damn near and just felt like something huge was about to take place.

The Shop

jj welks
5/7/2016 12:21pm
Lmao Ralph: "nick named bam bam for his impressive style".... Yea right
DoctorJD
5/7/2016 12:25pm
jmx411 wrote:
Atlanta especially from 04-14. Place was sold out or damn near and just felt like something huge was about to take place.
Yep, the best was probably 2011 (as Marcus Beasley pointed out) during the Reed/Stewart battle. And in 05', when RC went down in the first turn and worked his way through the pack to pass Reed on the last lap. That place was nuts.
5/7/2016 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2016 12:35pm
one of my favorite SX memories was at the SD race a couple years ago. As bad as MX fans can be, this is one memory that keeps me coming back. At this sx, the crowd was cheering at the end of the races as people crossed the finish line jump. This dude, who much have been real close to going a lap down in one of the heats, pretty much putts the last lap after checkers rolling around. As he is the last guy and he rolls the finish line double, the crowed cheers. This guy looks around confused as fuck, then realized that the stadium is cheering for him. The dude stops on the top of the finish line landing, hits the rev limiter for a couple seconds and the whole stadium cheers again even louder and this dude, pretty much last in the heat rides into the tunnel fist pumping. I thought that was pretty cool.
h&m_cycle
5/7/2016 12:35pm
F*** circuscross Redbud
KMC440
5/7/2016 12:45pm
Drinkin early eh ? hm
mx510
Fantasy
1861st
5/7/2016 2:33pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
F*** circuscross Redbud
It's Deathcross bro.
JM485
5/7/2016 2:47pm
one of my favorite SX memories was at the SD race a couple years ago. As bad as MX fans can be, this is one memory...
one of my favorite SX memories was at the SD race a couple years ago. As bad as MX fans can be, this is one memory that keeps me coming back. At this sx, the crowd was cheering at the end of the races as people crossed the finish line jump. This dude, who much have been real close to going a lap down in one of the heats, pretty much putts the last lap after checkers rolling around. As he is the last guy and he rolls the finish line double, the crowed cheers. This guy looks around confused as fuck, then realized that the stadium is cheering for him. The dude stops on the top of the finish line landing, hits the rev limiter for a couple seconds and the whole stadium cheers again even louder and this dude, pretty much last in the heat rides into the tunnel fist pumping. I thought that was pretty cool.
That's the type of stuff I love to see going to races, guys try to make this way too serious and all about money, but stuff like that is what reminds you what it's all about.

I remember when I went to see endurocross for the first time (the year before I decided to give the amateur class a shot for the first time), guy in the amateur class is about mid pack and about half way through the race he falls in the water pit section. It's not very deep, only like six inches of water so no bike damage, but enough to get wet. Anyways, the crowd goes absolutely nuts for him to the point where he stopped picking his bike up and took a bow for the crowd, I'll never forget how awesome that was!Laughing

Post a reply to: Best Crowds in SX

The Latest