Best Cold Weather Gloves

Related:
Create New Tag

12/18/2017 4:55 AM

Was riding motocross yesterday, and my hands were freezing, to the point I had to pull off. I was loosing feeling.
What's the best cold weather glove for motocross?
Fire away!!

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

12/18/2017 5:06 AM

Photo

Probably not the best solution but one that we use here in Maine at the end of our seasons is running some rubber gloves under your normal riding gloves, to block the wind.
|

@dannystu

12/18/2017 5:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2017 5:11 AM

A pair of 100% cold weather gloves and a good set of handguards to break up the wind. it also works to put latex gloves under your regular gloves used this set up for snow races but your hands get sweaty real fast.

Just seen somebody beat me to the latex gloves

|

12/18/2017 5:14 AM

Handguards, any cold weather(neoprene) gloves from a company of your choice and put some hockey tape on the levers.

|

12/18/2017 5:51 AM

The Hardy brand insulated mechanics gloves at Harbor Freight are great. I'll second the vinyl gl9ves under or over your regular gloves as well.

|

12/18/2017 6:01 AM

Ds164 wrote: Photo

Probably not the best solution but one that we use here in Maine at the end of our seasons is running some rubber gloves under your normal riding gloves, to block the wind.

This works 100% every time. Feels kinda weird gripping the bars but at least you won't get cold hands.

|

12/18/2017 6:31 AM

Klim Inversion glove. They sell an insulated and non insulated version. It’s what I use for winter riding and I’ve had no issues once warmed up at -5c.

|

12/18/2017 7:11 AM

I've used cross country skiing gloves for years, this and well insulated

|

Germany 1975 250 CZ Centerport, laydown shocks, mikuni with reed valve, Marzocchi forks with me as the motopilot

12/18/2017 7:21 AM

This would be my choice

Photo

|

12/18/2017 7:22 AM

Photo

|

12/18/2017 7:26 AM

Tuna wrote:

Klim Inversion glove. They sell an insulated and non insulated version. It’s what I use for winter riding and I’ve had no issues once warmed up at -5c.

^ This. They are the least bulky feeling cold weather glove I've tried.

|

12/18/2017 7:35 AM

X2 on the Novik cold war. Best balance of warmth and feel I've ridden in.

|

12/18/2017 7:38 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Handguards, any cold weather(neoprene) gloves from a company of your choice and put some hockey tape on the levers.

Hockey tape on the levers is an excellent idea. I never thought of that.

|

12/18/2017 8:28 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Donovan759 wrote:

Hockey tape on the levers is an excellent idea. I never thought of that.

Anyone remember the "grip tape" like stuff Scott used to sell to put on your levers?

|

12/18/2017 8:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2017 8:46 AM

tempura wrote:

Was riding motocross yesterday, and my hands were freezing, to the point I had to pull off. I was loosing feeling.
What's the best cold weather glove for motocross?
Fire away!!

FXR Cold Cross Gloves. The company's background is snowmobiling gear so they know what they're doing.

Photo
Photo

Also The Attack Insulated Glove

Photo
Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/18/2017 8:41 AM

If you run more than just twice in cold weather better get 10 dollar warmers from china under grips.

Photo

|

12/18/2017 8:54 AM

i got you bro

KLIM Inversion Pro

Photo

|

12/18/2017 8:59 AM

tek14 wrote:

If you run more than just twice in cold weather better get 10 dollar warmers from china under grips.

Photo

i put those on my snow bike and had horrible results. the non-throttle grip barely even warmed up because it was trying to heat the aluminum bar rather than transfer through the grip. the throttle side go so fuckin' hot you could roast a weanie over it. the grip heated up so much that the glue came undone and the grip bubbled up and moved around. 1/10, do not recommend.

i just put these AME heated grips on both my snow-bikes. haven't used them besides testing them in the shop, but initial tests show that they don't blow massive donkey dick like the Chinese pieces of shit you posted.

AME Heated Grips $125 at RockyMountainATV

Photo

|

12/18/2017 9:16 AM

I got a set of those tusk bar mitts. Like they go over your bars and you put your hands inside them. They completely cover your wrists and block all the wind.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

12/18/2017 9:20 AM

peelout wrote:

i got you bro

KLIM Inversion Pro

Photo

I like them but find them much more bulky than the insulated inversions. I run the Pros on my sled on warmer days.

|

12/18/2017 9:39 AM

peelout wrote:

i got you bro

KLIM Inversion Pro

Photo

Tuna wrote:

I like them but find them much more bulky than the insulated inversions. I run the Pros on my sled on warmer days.

i actually use more Motorfist stuff but love these Inversion gloves. these along with the Tusk mits and can't ask for more warmth

|

12/18/2017 9:41 AM

Fox polar paw

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/18/2017 9:44 AM

peelout wrote:

i got you bro

KLIM Inversion Pro

Photo

Tuna wrote:

peelout wrote:

i actually use more Motorfist stuff but love these Inversion gloves. these along with the Tusk mits and can't ask for more warmth

I’m gonna try to get out for a studded ride tomorrow, I may try out my Motorfist Rekons and see if they feel too bulky. It’s beeb between -25 to -29 most of this week with the wind chill so too cold to ride bikes. Still need more base for sleds abs snowbikes.

|

12/18/2017 10:05 AM

tek14 wrote:

Photo

peelout wrote:

i put those on my snow bike and had horrible results. the non-throttle grip barely even warmed up because it was trying to heat the aluminum bar rather than transfer through the grip. the throttle side go so fuckin' hot you could roast a weanie over it. the grip heated up so much that the glue came undone and the grip bubbled up and moved around. 1/10, do not recommend.

i just put these AME heated grips on both my snow-bikes. haven't used them besides testing them in the shop, but initial tests show that they don't blow massive donkey dick like the Chinese pieces of shit you posted.

Photo

Yeah I'm using them for lower voltage so they warm up slower and more even on side to side. Once you have warmed up you don't really need them anymore and could run almost summer cloves.

|

12/18/2017 10:35 AM

peelout wrote:

i got you bro

KLIM Inversion Pro

Photo

Tuna wrote:

peelout wrote:

When I rode mountain sleds years ago I never could find a good glove that offered decent wind/cold protection on the back of the had without being bulky on the palm. They all had insulated palms which made gripping the bars feel weird. Granted, I run a size smaller gloves in MX as I don;t like any bunching but still. Best set up I found was grip warmers & hand guards. Love to find something for the colder moto days that offered a thicker back and then palm. Nothing sucks like your hands freezing to the bars after a couple pf laps.........

|

12/18/2017 10:38 AM

tek14 wrote:

Photo

peelout wrote:

Photo

Weird looking tampons bro!

|

12/18/2017 11:03 AM

100% Brisker gloves.
Neoprene on the top, and thin for grip in palm.
We ride winter-enduro and backcountry snowmobiling in these. Awesome.

|

12/18/2017 4:45 PM

Good info in here!
There's a few I'm interested in, the Novik "Cold War" glove has me very interested, the pocket for a hand warmer is a great feature.
KILM inversion looks like a well made glove.
The Brisker looks good for the price.
I may order a few to fill my stocking..lol

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

12/19/2017 1:08 AM

tempura wrote:

Good info in here!
There's a few I'm interested in, the Novik "Cold War" glove has me very interested, the pocket for a hand warmer is a great feature.
KILM inversion looks like a well made glove.
The Brisker looks good for the price.
I may order a few to fill my stocking..lol

I use the Astars "neo moto glove" they are good if it's not super cold.
I also have the mitten type things that go over the bar and levers.
If I use the mittens I normally do so with standard gloves, if I run the mittens and neo gloves my hands start to sweat. Even at -15°c.
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/19/2017 6:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2017 6:05 AM

But don't take a piss before start. Or it's going to burn during the noto between legssmile

Photo

|