Bernard Kerr: World Cup DH racer wants to race SX

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/31/2019 1:50pm
Just watched his last video and the amateur kids were doing bigger rhythms than he was and hitting the whoops better...
JohnnyD13
12/31/2019 1:56pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Just watched his last video and the amateur kids were doing bigger rhythms than he was and hitting the whoops better...
Put up a link of the video
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/31/2019 2:06pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
JohnnyD13 wrote:

The Shop

APLMAN99
12/31/2019 2:40pm
My prediction is that he doesn’t get his pro license sorted out but he is invited to ride practice as a non-entrant......

A lot of last minute drama will ensue for the “LSD” videos.

The guy definitely looks like he is having fun and would be a blast to be around.
500guy
12/31/2019 2:48pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
My prediction is that he doesn’t get his pro license sorted out but he is invited to ride practice as a non-entrant...... A lot of last...
My prediction is that he doesn’t get his pro license sorted out but he is invited to ride practice as a non-entrant......

The guy definitely looks like he is having fun and would be a blast to be around.
I don't think He even gets a chance.

He can race SX Futures and earn his way out there like everyone else, This is not some GP MX world champ that should rightfully get a pass to the show.

Not bagging on the guy either because he is a great athlete, Just not a Professional SX rider.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/31/2019 2:57pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Probably shouldn’t be working on his own bikes. Looks like that clutch is going in dry.
It definitely went in dry.
12/31/2019 2:58pm
Rides WAY better than I could dream of riding. I hope he kicks ass and qualifies. How anyone could watch a dude working his tail off to achieve a dream and have such a negative attitude is absurd.
APLMAN99
12/31/2019 3:39pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
My prediction is that he doesn’t get his pro license sorted out but he is invited to ride practice as a non-entrant...... A lot of last...

500guy wrote:
I don't think He even gets a chance. He can race SX Futures and earn his way out there like everyone else, This is not some...
I don't think He even gets a chance.

He can race SX Futures and earn his way out there like everyone else, This is not some GP MX world champ that should rightfully get a pass to the show.

Not bagging on the guy either because he is a great athlete, Just not a Professional SX rider.
I think that he'll get a chance to ride the track, just not be an official entrant. The videos where he was complaining about the ACU, FIM, etc plus the very end of this one are a big part of the reason I think it's going to be a drama of trying to get a license sent on the day of the event, etc.

It'll make for more drama for the LSD videos, etc. Maxxis and Kawasaki will get him a few laps on the track anyway, and the stopwatches won't start for a few turns, if you know what I mean.......

Overall I'd say that he's done a very good job with this. It's brought plenty of attention to some sponsors and his own brand. He certainly seems like the kind of guy I'd root for if I were watching a DH bike race. I'd never actually heard of him until this and overall I'd say that I'd probably watch a DH event just to hope he rides well. He's definitely got the right personality to represent a brand, I think.
burnside
12/31/2019 3:50pm
The internet would have melted if it was around when Shaun Palmer had a pop at SX... haha

GODZILLA
12/31/2019 4:13pm
Probably shouldn’t be working on his own bikes. Looks like that clutch is going in dry.
Probably shouldn’t be trying to race A1 either.
This whole thing is ridiculous.
Yup, he got a little better.
Still looks like a fish out of water...
He's so slow and uncomfortable it's painful to watch.
Hammer 663s
12/31/2019 4:53pm
GODZILLA wrote:
Probably shouldn’t be trying to race A1 either. This whole thing is ridiculous. Yup, he got a little better. Still looks like a fish out of...
Probably shouldn’t be trying to race A1 either.
This whole thing is ridiculous.
Yup, he got a little better.
Still looks like a fish out of water...
He's so slow and uncomfortable it's painful to watch.
I gotta agree. I thought he looked better in the early vids. I see guys at local tracks with more flow than he shows in this latest vid. You can almost see him thinking while he's riding, and he usually backs off rather than sends it. No place for that at this level. It's instinct and reaction that only come from years of seat time.

Earlier I thought he might have a chance. Now, no f-ing way. He'll just get hurt.
8tensolutions
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
12/31/2019 5:33pm
I want to know what DV thinks. I'm not going to put words in his mouth, but I bet they might be something like, "Bernard should stick to what he's good at."
Kerr is a beast on a bicycle and likely has fantastic skills on a motorcycle. This makes him far better than probably 90% of the guys on here, and still far slower than the slowest qualifier at Anaheim.
It's OK to me that he got special permission to compete; that's good for business and if it's a single race then why not? I wish him luck. He's going to need it.
LungButter
12/31/2019 5:34pm
God dam there are some salty haters on here.
No, there are just those of us who aren't nut huggers to anyone with a following that shows interest to SX and have some respect towards what is supposed to be a qualification process to race SX.

This guy has zero business being an official entry in to a SX race. Period.
CM_84
12/31/2019 5:48pm
There will be people slower than him.
But for some reason I can’t find any threads on the board full of people saying they look like total amateurs and have no business trying to qualify.
Strange
MagMx08
12/31/2019 6:12pm
Happy new year Bernard. Best of luck in 2020!
APLMAN99
12/31/2019 6:15pm
Falcon wrote:
I want to know what DV thinks. I'm not going to put words in his mouth, but I bet they might be something like, "Bernard should...
I want to know what DV thinks. I'm not going to put words in his mouth, but I bet they might be something like, "Bernard should stick to what he's good at."
Kerr is a beast on a bicycle and likely has fantastic skills on a motorcycle. This makes him far better than probably 90% of the guys on here, and still far slower than the slowest qualifier at Anaheim.
It's OK to me that he got special permission to compete; that's good for business and if it's a single race then why not? I wish him luck. He's going to need it.
I don’t think he’s actually got “permission” to enter yet. Last I saw/heard he hadn’t.

And I don’t think that he will, but I think he’ll probably get to turn a few laps. Maybe McGrath will shadow him around for a few laps while the pros aren’t on the track and stuff.

I think that Maxxis will be able to get him some track time, even if it’s brief. I don’t believe he’ll be able to actually enter the race.

But he’s obviously got a natural talent on 2 wheels and when you watch him ride you can’t help but wonder how he’d have done if he’d been racing a motorcycle since he was 10 or so.
lumpy790
12/31/2019 6:50pm
There have been AMA Pro riders that have finished in the top 15 outdoors after Loretta Lynns that could not just sign up and get their SX card.

Someone that has never even raced a amateur moto should not just get in.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
12/31/2019 6:57pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
JohnnyD13 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
3:40 mark Laughing
12/31/2019 6:59pm
LungButter wrote:
No, there are just those of us who aren't nut huggers to anyone with a following that shows interest to SX and have some respect towards...
No, there are just those of us who aren't nut huggers to anyone with a following that shows interest to SX and have some respect towards what is supposed to be a qualification process to race SX.

This guy has zero business being an official entry in to a SX race. Period.
Put your money where your mouth is.

If he gets a licence and is allowed to race I bet you there are 5 guys worse than him at the end of qualifying. $100 donation to the other persons charity of choice.
mb60
12/31/2019 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2019 7:02pm
Man I have seen his videos and the dude has some balls to try this for sure. Seems like a good dude and hope the best for him. Hope he stays safe as I have seen him be a bit sketchy.
cable
12/31/2019 7:23pm
lumpy790 wrote:
There have been AMA Pro riders that have finished in the top 15 outdoors after Loretta Lynns that could not just sign up and get their...
There have been AMA Pro riders that have finished in the top 15 outdoors after Loretta Lynns that could not just sign up and get their SX card.

Someone that has never even raced a amateur moto should not just get in.
Hes never even raced an amateur moto? wtf. guy is riding pretty good but being on the starting gate, with the adrenaline....scary. Maybe do some night fairground races first?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/31/2019 10:01pm
JohnnyD13 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Myke wrote:
3:40 mark Laughing
I noticed that too lol

So who is it boys??
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
1/1/2020 7:06am
He is coming around for sure. That track is beat and he is still jumping everything. “IF” he is eligible to race he will be in first practice on a clean track. The only issue with first practice, a especially at A1, is the track crew will just have watered and the track will be slick.

Post a reply to: Bernard Kerr: World Cup DH racer wants to race SX

The Latest