Bernard Kerr: World Cup DH racer wants to race SX

1/8/2020 9:36am

Huh? What I comprehended of that was way over the top.

John, is that you?
Don’t mention it, just go through futures just like the rest of us, at least in futures you still get to race your dirt bike, it would be close to the same!
Mr. Afterbar
1/8/2020 9:46am
I've been in contact with the MCUI. You can catch me on the track at A2. Thanks Bernard!!
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
1/8/2020 10:53am
philG wrote:
The Irish License is an old trick, loads of UK based riders used Irish licenses back in the day when each country had a grading list...
The Irish License is an old trick, loads of UK based riders used Irish licenses back in the day when each country had a grading list and the UK had guys who werent good enough to be top 8 in the UK but were more than good enough to be ina GP and score points.
Kerr got the flick because everyone knew he had never raced. The MCUi should be fucked over if they gave him a license without the appropriate experience. The ACU in the UK would not have entertained it and rightly so.
I would agree with this, its one thing getting a Irish federation licence, but a Start permission for a world championship would surely come under some scrutiny
Robgvx
1/8/2020 1:16pm
philG wrote:
The Irish License is an old trick, loads of UK based riders used Irish licenses back in the day when each country had a grading list...
The Irish License is an old trick, loads of UK based riders used Irish licenses back in the day when each country had a grading list and the UK had guys who werent good enough to be top 8 in the UK but were more than good enough to be ina GP and score points.
Kerr got the flick because everyone knew he had never raced. The MCUi should be fucked over if they gave him a license without the appropriate experience. The ACU in the UK would not have entertained it and rightly so.
He should sign up for a fly-away GP. No trouble there and he'd probably score points.

I'd hate to think what MTB'ers would make of our sport then though.

The Shop

jo2910
1/8/2020 1:29pm
What about the good old rung what you brung and if you’re fast enough you’re in. Surely that’s what the C class qualifying group is for.
GODZILLA
1/8/2020 1:55pm
Zaugg wrote:
You're still posting? hahaha

What is this...your 12th-13th reply?

Let it go bud...just let it go.
In the end, I tend to agree with you.
Wink
Barrett57
1/8/2020 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2020 2:51pm
GODZILLA wrote:
In the end, I tend to agree with you.
Wink

"Silence, you French ponce" - Henry V, October 25, 1415.
APLMAN99
1/8/2020 3:38pm
CM_84 wrote:
You are right, you can’t enter to race at the olympics. But do you know what you could do if you would like? Try and qualify...
You are right, you can’t enter to race at the olympics.
But do you know what you could do if you would like? Try and qualify.

Hmm, sounds familiar.
APLMAN99 wrote:
Not without going through the process of your nation’s Olympic committee which includes progressing through the competitive levels of the discipline. You can’t simply show up...
Not without going through the process of your nation’s Olympic committee which includes progressing through the competitive levels of the discipline.

You can’t simply show up to an Alpine Downhill qualifier and expect to enter without ever having participated in a ski race before.
Cool Runnings, Eddie the eagle.
Neither of those were cases of someone showing up for their nation's qualifying events without having participated in the sport.

The Jamaican team was basically "drafted", unlike the movie, and the ski jumper participated in the sport for a while, it just so happens that his country had no major competition at those events.
philG
1/8/2020 4:01pm
Robgvx wrote:
He should sign up for a fly-away GP. No trouble there and he'd probably score points. I'd hate to think what MTB'ers would make of our...
He should sign up for a fly-away GP. No trouble there and he'd probably score points.

Trust me when I say that there sport is as much of a shit show as ours.

https://reviews.mtbr.com/the-angry-singlespeeder-red-bull-rampage-must-…

An interesting read, and although its not the one I saw, it conveys the reality of the sport very well.
burnside
1/8/2020 4:51pm
Can't believe how this guys mission to make it to A1 has made some of you so bitchy.
Get outside.
mrs_piggy
1/8/2020 5:21pm
Robgvx wrote:
He should sign up for a fly-away GP. No trouble there and he'd probably score points. I'd hate to think what MTB'ers would make of our...

MTB'ers like SX and MX. Loads of guys did it as kids and there's a pretty solid respect and understanding of the sport - at least from the DH and Enduro crowds... If you're thinking if the spandex, XC crowd, yeah, they might think supercross is FMX, I'm not sure.
1/8/2020 5:44pm
You cleary dont understand morning...

Moto is much easier to do than the kind if shit he does!!!

I work inside the industries and im exposed to both as I love all forms of 2 wheels and I'll tell you now. Sx to me is a walk in the park over the kinda shit ive seen Bernard do.
zehn
1/8/2020 5:52pm
You cleary dont understand morning... Moto is much easier to do than the kind if shit he does!!! I work inside the industries and im exposed...
You cleary dont understand morning...

Moto is much easier to do than the kind if shit he does!!!

I work inside the industries and im exposed to both as I love all forms of 2 wheels and I'll tell you now. Sx to me is a walk in the park over the kinda shit ive seen Bernard do.
500guy
1/8/2020 5:57pm
I'm going to Buy a Mountain Bike at Wal-Mart so I can qualify myself as an expert on why a Mountain Bike guy who's never raced Supercross shouldn't be at a Professional Supercross trying to qualify.
JohnnyD13
1/8/2020 6:05pm
You guys are still arguing about this? Spoiler alert, he didn’t get to practice. It’s over
cable
1/8/2020 7:59pm
is Daytona amateur SX sold out? I just want to see him get 10 min of practice and see what hes got.
MX690
1/8/2020 8:22pm
Having just listened to them talk about this on Pulp, I can't believe Mathes compared this mountain bike guy to Luke Clout, the same Luke Clout that was an Australian factory Yamaha rider, the same guy who just lost the Australian supercross title to Justin Brayton and Mathes said Luke Clouts done nothing but he gets to ride supercross how come this mountain bike dude can't. Talk about going full retard.
1/8/2020 8:32pm
If he had done it properly he’d have made it in.
Race ACU center events in junior class. Get expert license, enter maxxis British championship. Do a round then apply with ACU for an FIM license.
Then ACU can give him a release for an AMA pro license. Same as every other British rider that has tried SX, from Searle to Woodcock.

He would have been about David Pulley speed in C practice.
If he does futures at A2 he’d have a hard time winning the 30+ class.
bergie11
1/8/2020 11:02pm
109 wrote:
If he had done it properly he’d have made it in. Race ACU center events in junior class. Get expert license, enter maxxis British championship. Do...
Race ACU center events in junior class. Get expert license, enter maxxis British championship. Do a round then apply with ACU for an FIM license.
Then ACU can give him a release for an AMA pro license. Same as every other British rider that has tried SX, from Searle to Woodcock.

This doesn’t mean any more then your speculation but for what its worth he was 6 seconds a lap slower then Forkner at the PC test track. That would put him around 48-50 place Overal in the 450 class if you compare to Forkner’s A1 time. Again, its hard to really read much into any of this except the night show wasnt going to happen.
MelonFan123
1/8/2020 11:20pm
MX690 wrote:
Having just listened to them talk about this on Pulp, I can't believe Mathes compared this mountain bike guy to Luke Clout, the same Luke Clout...
Having just listened to them talk about this on Pulp, I can't believe Mathes compared this mountain bike guy to Luke Clout, the same Luke Clout that was an Australian factory Yamaha rider, the same guy who just lost the Australian supercross title to Justin Brayton and Mathes said Luke Clouts done nothing but he gets to ride supercross how come this mountain bike dude can't. Talk about going full retard.
You missed his point, he's not comparing them as riders. Luke is obviously a much more accomplished SX racer than Kerr. But they both had the same requirements in order to race AMA Supercross - which is to simply get a license in their country's sanctioning body. Meanwhile, people here HAVE to race "SX Futures" and earn points.

Bernard was exploiting a loophole and Matthes was pointing that out.
APLMAN99
1/9/2020 3:14am
109 wrote:
If he had done it properly he’d have made it in. Race ACU center events in junior class. Get expert license, enter maxxis British championship. Do...

bergie11 wrote:
This doesn’t mean any more then your speculation but for what its worth he was 6 seconds a lap slower then Forkner at the PC test...
This doesn’t mean any more then your speculation but for what its worth he was 6 seconds a lap slower then Forkner at the PC test track. That would put him around 48-50 place Overal in the 450 class if you compare to Forkner’s A1 time. Again, its hard to really read much into any of this except the night show wasnt going to happen.
There’s no way that he’s only 6 seconds behind Forkner on a full SX track.

This is just stupid.

1/9/2020 6:54am
Robgvx wrote:

He wants to try SX, not MX. We all know he doesn't have the endurance for a 20 minute main. Maybe not even a 6 minute heat race. 2 30 minute motos? Yea right. Most these guys that do it for a living don't enjoy 30+1 twice in 3 hours.
FWYT
1/9/2020 8:13am
The dude's social media analytics are still going Warp 9 so his trip to Cali
went according to plan.
APLMAN99
1/25/2020 1:03pm
So did he ever enter a motorcycle race of any kind while in Socal? Even a local intermediate class race?

Post a reply to: Bernard Kerr: World Cup DH racer wants to race SX

The Latest