Benny Bloss Is a Giant

Micahdogg
3/19/2018 8:33pm
50dippin wrote:
He was riding a tall seat and raised bar mounts according to his mechanic last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6QGkMhl9BY
Not anymore. He had a standard seat, standard bars, didn't even have risers. No low pegs, no tricks. His risers did look to be in the forward position and his bars may have been a tick taller than the others, but nothing noticeable.

As a tall guy, 6'9" myself, riding a standard size bike isn't such a problem. Just rolling the bars forward (or forward position risers) gets your hands out of your lap. But going from seated to standing is hell on your knees. He's young though, so he's got time.

Kyle Chisolm, as late as 2016 also had a remarkably stock setup, except for slightly taller risers (+15 mm?) and in the forward position. I can't recall how tall he was though...6'3" or something?
50dippin
3/19/2018 10:36pm
50dippin wrote:
He was riding a tall seat and raised bar mounts according to his mechanic last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6QGkMhl9BY
Micahdogg wrote:
Not anymore. He had a standard seat, standard bars, didn't even have risers. No low pegs, no tricks. His risers did look to be in the...
Not anymore. He had a standard seat, standard bars, didn't even have risers. No low pegs, no tricks. His risers did look to be in the forward position and his bars may have been a tick taller than the others, but nothing noticeable.

As a tall guy, 6'9" myself, riding a standard size bike isn't such a problem. Just rolling the bars forward (or forward position risers) gets your hands out of your lap. But going from seated to standing is hell on your knees. He's young though, so he's got time.

Kyle Chisolm, as late as 2016 also had a remarkably stock setup, except for slightly taller risers (+15 mm?) and in the forward position. I can't recall how tall he was though...6'3" or something?
I'm 6'4" and standing next to Chisholm id say he is around 6 foot on my eye o meter. I have ran standard and tall set ups and I am much more comfortable and fast with tall seat, lower footpegs and tall minimal sweep bars. People seem to think that the tall seat is soooo much taller when in reality they are the same height at the front and back, just an inch in the middle making the seat flatter like the new 19 kawi. Siting on the front turning there is no change in the center of gravity imo. I feel like it is the most helpful when standing, helps me grip the bike more with my knees and stay less tired, and less tired is faster Smile

The Shop

Post a reply to: Benny Bloss Is a Giant

The Latest