Bennett's War Moto movie

rjw141
Fantasy
739th
9/3/2019 5:39pm
Went with a few buddies to go see it. We had a good time and enjoyed the movie. We had really low expectations (Supercross) but it was better than expected. I would definitely recommend it for a few good laughs and to support the sport.

Man, that guy loves a clean chain. Also, Loretta’s looks really similar to Southern California, who knew!?
dkg
9/3/2019 10:06pm
Enjoyed the movie. A little predictable but over all a good show.
Mr. Afterbar
9/4/2019 5:45am
It was good. Super cheesy when it comes to some of the moto stuff, but that's to be expected.

The Shop

kaptkaos
9/4/2019 7:11am
One more thing, according to the movie the SoCal racing scene is shady and dominated by Middle Easterners!
bf884
9/4/2019 8:43am
For those that saw it, are there any sex scenes? Want to bring my son to see it but don’t want to have that conversation with him at this point. Not so much worried about language.
Uncle Remus
9/4/2019 9:41am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2019 10:00am
To a non-enthusiast, this may pass but it was comical for anyone that knows anything remotely about the sport. I can't believe that I paid my own money to go see this. 1. The only track that they showed was Glen Helen and even called it Loretta Lynn's at one point. 2. They completely took race highlights from the Glen Helen national in 2018 and photo shopped numbers over Tomac's, Musquin's, Seely's, and Josh Grant's jerseys and number plates pretending they were the actual characters in the movie. 3. The same classic 2 stroke noise coming from a bike that is clearly a 4 stroke. 4. The gooned out gear, what pro is going to the line of a national with an entry level HJC lid with the price tag still on it and the shitty red bull paint job on the helmet. 5. The D class riding level at some points of the movie is ridiculous. I appreciate people putting the sport back into the eye of the general public but if you're going to do it, then do it right.

oldblood
9/4/2019 9:48am
To a non-enthusiast, this may pass but it was comical for anyone that knows anything remotely about the sport. I can't believe that I paid my...
To a non-enthusiast, this may pass but it was comical for anyone that knows anything remotely about the sport. I can't believe that I paid my own money to go see this. 1. The only track that they showed was Glen Helen and even called it Loretta Lynn's at one point. 2. They completely took race highlights from the Glen Helen national in 2018 and photo shopped numbers over Tomac's, Musquin's, Seely's, and Josh Grant's jerseys and number plates pretending they were the actual characters in the movie. 3. The same classic 2 stroke noise coming from a bike that is clearly a 4 stroke. 4. The gooned out gear, what pro is going to the line of a national with an entry level HJC lid with the price tag still on it and the shitty red bull paint job on the helmet. 5. The D class riding level at some points of the movie is ridiculous. I appreciate people putting the sport back into the eye of the general public but if you're going to do it, then do it right.

I have the same problem with Days of Thunder, Titanic, and Star Wars. It's a movie, relax.
oldblood
9/4/2019 9:50am
bf884 wrote:
For those that saw it, are there any sex scenes? Want to bring my son to see it but don’t want to have that conversation with...
For those that saw it, are there any sex scenes? Want to bring my son to see it but don’t want to have that conversation with him at this point. Not so much worried about language.
What is on the trailer is pretty much the extent of it. Pretty tame and traditional for movies these days.
Phantom 661
9/4/2019 1:24pm
I read every opinion on here and thought I'd go check out what the critics had to say. That's when it dawned on me. I just did!
9/5/2019 2:40pm
bf884 wrote:
For those that saw it, are there any sex scenes? Want to bring my son to see it but don’t want to have that conversation with...
I think there’s a scene where he makes out with his wife on a bed but that was about it.
9/5/2019 2:41pm
To a non-enthusiast, this may pass but it was comical for anyone that knows anything remotely about the sport. I can't believe that I paid my...

Only thing I can think of is that maybe HJC was a sponsor.
moto45
9/5/2019 5:03pm

Fast n the Furious has 1/4 mile racing that last for 60 seconds, incorrect usage of "NOS", etc and has 8 movies in their franchise so far that is grossing billions. It's fiction.
oldblood
9/5/2019 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2019 6:10pm
I can't help but remember an episode of chips where they were trying to catch a dirt bike rider that didn't have a spark arrestor. It appeared to be filmed somewhere near Indian Dunes, as I remember Shadow Glen, the river, and the hillsides south of the river. In that episode I remember the ridiculous amount of sparks that were flying out of this guy's silencer it was like a firehose of sparks and it didn't even line up with the end of the silencer. Like they had a spark maker of some sort attached to the back of the silencer, but it was hanging down on a 45 degree angle so the sparks weren't coming out of the end of the silencer, but shooting out of the bottom in a totally ridiculous way. The amount of sparks coming out was insane, and of course the guy was a total douche. It made a great impression of dirt bike riders and dirt bikes it was pretty funny and sad at the same time
oldblood
9/5/2019 5:56pm
It must have been around 1979 I'm thinking anyway Bennetts war is pretty good it's not perfect but we enjoyed it and it didn't portray dirt bike racers in a bad light. Glen Helen is a badass track.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
9/5/2019 6:06pm
Nothing to add in regards to Bennett's War but, I always loved this as a kid, still kind of enjoy it.

*There used to be a better quality version but I can't find it.
https://youtu.be/ic9ZeCdpI3c
oldblood
9/5/2019 6:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2019 6:19pm
I haven't raced GH since 1988, but it would be cool to take my son there sometime.
9/5/2019 7:37pm
oldblood wrote:
I haven't raced GH since 1988, but it would be cool to take my son there sometime.
Are you getting paid to post about this movie on vital?

We get it, you liked the film. You don't need to post every hour about it.
FortyHat
9/6/2019 8:17am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2019 8:21am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Nothing to add in regards to Bennett's War but, I always loved this as a kid, still kind of enjoy it. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/09/05/371080/s1200_30516_crossingtheline_rca1_VHSCollector.com.jpg[/img] *There used to be...
Nothing to add in regards to Bennett's War but, I always loved this as a kid, still kind of enjoy it.

*There used to be a better quality version but I can't find it.
https://youtu.be/ic9ZeCdpI3c
Man, Answer had 80s moto movies on lock CoolLaughing

EDIT: Ooops they used a Sinisalo jersey with those Answer pants... shameful! Haha
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
9/6/2019 8:31am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2019 8:56am
FortyHat wrote:
Man, Answer had 80s moto movies on lock CoolLaughing

EDIT: Ooops they used a Sinisalo jersey with those Answer pants... shameful! Haha
The movie is titled "1990" and the the bikes are *mid- late '80s too. Never payed too much attention to that either... At least they didn't have 4-stroke sounds with 2-stroke bikes.SmileLaughing
9/6/2019 9:29am
Looks like they've already pulled it from my local theaters... Last weekend it was playing everywhere... now, only at a theater 40mins away; and only during the day time...
FortyHat
9/6/2019 9:55am
Same, I was planning on maybe seeing it this weekend while the wife is outta town, but it's nowhere.
oldblood
9/6/2019 10:02am
oldblood wrote:
Are you getting paid to post about this movie on vital? We get it, you liked the film. You don't need to post every hour about...
Are you getting paid to post about this movie on vital?

We get it, you liked the film. You don't need to post every hour about it.
No.
But I wanted to encourage people to go, because after the pathetic turnout by the public and moto community, I'm sure the big movie makers will be lining up to make a moto movie soon.
Mr. Afterbar
9/6/2019 10:16am
These moto movies are kind of always the same old story. Underdog fights through adversity to win big race. I think it would be much cooler for someone to make a moto movie where the main character is a factory star with life issues like a party animal or drug addict. Make the movie about something else, but while juggling a moto career and personal issues. That would be more intriguing to me.
9/6/2019 11:03am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2019 11:03am
oldblood wrote:
No. But I wanted to encourage people to go, because after the pathetic turnout by the public and moto community, I'm sure the big movie makers...
No.
But I wanted to encourage people to go, because after the pathetic turnout by the public and moto community, I'm sure the big movie makers will be lining up to make a moto movie soon.
I honestly can’t tell what’s funnier, seeing you shill for this movie every 4 hours or seeing Gibby continually clip your comments from the thread.
oldblood
9/6/2019 11:44am
oldblood wrote:
No. But I wanted to encourage people to go, because after the pathetic turnout by the public and moto community, I'm sure the big movie makers...
No.
I honestly can’t tell what’s funnier, seeing you shill for this movie every 4 hours or seeing Gibby continually clip your comments from the thread.
Guy didn't clip anything, I'm just just trying to avoid trolls. (Unsuccessfully it seems).
9/6/2019 12:08pm
oldblood wrote:
Guy didn't clip anything, I'm just just trying to avoid trolls. (Unsuccessfully it seems).
You posting nearly every 5 minutes about this movie and THEN accusing other people of trolling is laugh out loud funny.
JM485
9/6/2019 12:18pm
You want to support a moto movie? Got to a premier for Strong, the Destrey Abbot Story, or This is Moto. That’s supporting the moto industry.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/6/2019 1:25pm
JM485 wrote:
You want to support a moto movie? Got to a premier for Strong, the Destrey Abbot Story, or This is Moto. That’s supporting the moto industry.
Well, Bennett's War is made by Forrest Films.

Forrest Films is owned by Forrest Lucas.

Forrest Lucas is the founder of Lucas Oil as well as MAVTV.

Lucas Oil sponsors the AMA MX Nationals that air on MAVTV.

Going to watch Bennett's War, supports the sport.

Post a reply to: Bennett's War Moto movie

The Latest