Bennett's War Moto movie

oldblood
8/31/2019 3:00pm
There were a lot of things in the movie that had nothing to do with dirt bikes that I liked. It touched on military returning from service and dealing with that and finding support from friends. Also marriage, parenthood, brotherhood, and, oh yeah there were some dirt bikes and some nice footage of Glen Helen.
But most of all it had a positive message for my kids and I felt good about my kids seeing it. There is so much negative brainwashing crap out there submerging kids these days I really feel sorry for them. So I'm very thankful to those who made it.
holeshot413
Fantasy
1687th
8/31/2019 10:21pm
Wife and I went and saw it tonight! Thought it was a great movie, even shed some tears in one scene 😀 don’t miss out seeing it
oldblood
8/31/2019 10:34pm
The producers of the movie went out on a limb to make this movie. The least we can do is support it by seeing it.

The Shop

500guy
9/1/2019 6:18am
oldblood wrote:
There were a lot of things in the movie that had nothing to do with dirt bikes that I liked. It touched on military returning from...
There were a lot of things in the movie that had nothing to do with dirt bikes that I liked. It touched on military returning from service and dealing with that and finding support from friends. Also marriage, parenthood, brotherhood, and, oh yeah there were some dirt bikes and some nice footage of Glen Helen.
But most of all it had a positive message for my kids and I felt good about my kids seeing it. There is so much negative brainwashing crap out there submerging kids these days I really feel sorry for them. So I'm very thankful to those who made it.
Good deal, I'm not much of a movie goer but I will check it out when it becomes available on streaming service.
holeshot413
Fantasy
1687th
9/1/2019 8:04am
$20 says this movie has a Ryan Dungey cameo and quick one liner... something like "hey Bennett, looking pretty good out there!"
Nope
Send me the $20
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
9/1/2019 8:18am
Went and saw it last night with the crew.........for a MX movie I give it a 9 out of 10. For a movie in general a 7 out of 10.

I enjoyed it. And for ALL of you curmudgeons bagging on the movie.......MX is a small sport, you need to support when you can. Cool
friday10
9/1/2019 9:53am
OW38B wrote:
Went and saw it last night with the crew.........for a MX movie I give it a 9 out of 10. For a movie in general a...
Went and saw it last night with the crew.........for a MX movie I give it a 9 out of 10. For a movie in general a 7 out of 10.

I enjoyed it. And for ALL of you curmudgeons bagging on the movie.......MX is a small sport, you need to support when you can. Cool
My thoughts exactly!
Sierra Ranger
9/1/2019 9:59am
It doesn't look that bad! You gotta keep the demographic in mind- it's not aimed at impressing crusty old moto-historians. Smile
SEEMEFIRST
9/1/2019 10:10am
It doesn't look that bad! You gotta keep the demographic in mind- it's not aimed at impressing crusty old moto-historians. Smile
Try watching "Top Gun" with an ex Naval Aviator/Fighter Jockey.

You speak the truth.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
9/1/2019 12:45pm
The movie bombed at the box office, I’ll still go see it just because.
9/1/2019 1:06pm
Man, some of you will nitpick anything and everything. It's not meant to be the next Titanic, it's just a movie to go watch and be entertained by.
9/1/2019 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2019 1:53pm
I was worried it would be the next Supercross the movie. Could certain aspects of it been better? Yes. But all in all it’s a good movie and I would encourage everyone to give it a chance and support it.
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
9/1/2019 2:19pm
I'm going to see it just to support our sport. Keeping an open mind too.
ipbrew
9/1/2019 6:02pm
F*cking whiners - you probably hate Slapshot too! We all want a Days of Thunder type moto movie but until a credible director/producer shows an interest we'll be watching Bennetts War type movies about this sport. I'll pay the $12 to watch it when or if it shows up in BC - if nothing else; the popcorn is good.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
9/1/2019 6:50pm
ipbrew wrote:
F*cking whiners - you probably hate Slapshot too! We all want a Days of Thunder type moto movie but until a credible director/producer shows an interest...
F*cking whiners - you probably hate Slapshot too! We all want a Days of Thunder type moto movie but until a credible director/producer shows an interest we'll be watching Bennetts War type movies about this sport. I'll pay the $12 to watch it when or if it shows up in BC - if nothing else; the popcorn is good.
I love Slapshot!!!
kaptkaos
9/1/2019 7:08pm
So I went and spent my hard earned money to see it, didnt wait for video. I took the wife and two daughters, 17-18 and their boyfriends. Everyone thought it was a great movie and really enjoyed every minute of it. Sure it could have been better if you are a moto fan, but it is by far the best moto movie out of Hollywood ever, not even close. On Any Sunday doesnt count, its not a real movie for non-moto audience and only a moto audience would watch or enjoy it.

They could have made this a great movie if they had someone from the industry announcing. Also the Pantera and Iron Grit teams painted the industry to be a bunch of goons. Iron Grit was funny, and so was one of the racers, Justin Musquin! They Kawi boys wore AStars and were the Bad Boys. Lots of Fly Racing and Red Bull.

I can tell you that Bennett really liked cleaning and lubing chains, but his wife was smokin hot!

All in all we had a good night and the movie is really good. Once again, the majority of the Vitards are missing the point!

Go see the movie.
MX114
9/1/2019 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2019 7:22pm
ipbrew wrote:
F*cking whiners - you probably hate Slapshot too! We all want a Days of Thunder type moto movie but until a credible director/producer shows an interest...
SKIDLID wrote:
I love Slapshot!!!
Allot of Slapshot was filmed in my hometown Syracuse, New York. In typical Syracuse fashion by the end of the first day of filming many of the extras had to be kicked out for trying to actually fight the actors instead of just portraying the “hometown” fans lol. Any movie that shows MX some love has my vote though. Hope to see Bennetts War soon wether at cinema or on DVD I’ll gladly pay to support it
oldblood
9/1/2019 8:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2019 8:41pm
I didn't mind some of the hollywood characters and humor with the two race teams mechanics and managers, that keeps it from getting too serious. Look at Herbie the Love Bug the original, my dad and uncles raced cars in the 50s and they got a kick out of it, they didn't complain too much about it. Especially the mechanics welding skills under pressure. Shoot even look at On Any Sunday, some of the parts in there were pretty funny. The giggleberries, and the neighbor helping to advise the guy learning to ride the dirt bike in his front yard. What about Moto 6, who was that crazy office clerk anyway?
Gworm
9/1/2019 8:24pm
kaptkaos wrote:
So I went and spent my hard earned money to see it, didnt wait for video. I took the wife and two daughters, 17-18 and their...
So I went and spent my hard earned money to see it, didnt wait for video. I took the wife and two daughters, 17-18 and their boyfriends. Everyone thought it was a great movie and really enjoyed every minute of it. Sure it could have been better if you are a moto fan, but it is by far the best moto movie out of Hollywood ever, not even close. On Any Sunday doesnt count, its not a real movie for non-moto audience and only a moto audience would watch or enjoy it.

They could have made this a great movie if they had someone from the industry announcing. Also the Pantera and Iron Grit teams painted the industry to be a bunch of goons. Iron Grit was funny, and so was one of the racers, Justin Musquin! They Kawi boys wore AStars and were the Bad Boys. Lots of Fly Racing and Red Bull.

I can tell you that Bennett really liked cleaning and lubing chains, but his wife was smokin hot!

All in all we had a good night and the movie is really good. Once again, the majority of the Vitards are missing the point!

Go see the movie.
I thought they called him Justin Muscrat.

Bennett was extremely busy cleaning chains!
oldblood
9/1/2019 8:52pm
My son noticed the excessive chain cleaning also so I had to point out to him that actually factory pros probably don't know how to do much more than that mechanically so it's actually pretty accurate
VetMX.com
9/1/2019 8:59pm
Just jailbreak it on Amazon. Go to YouTube to learn how.
oldblood
9/1/2019 9:02pm
VetMX.com wrote:
Just jailbreak it on Amazon. Go to YouTube to learn how.
Thanks for your support
lordworm
9/1/2019 9:07pm
I really enjoy the old on any sunday and the new on any sunday remake...those are bitchen. If you have never seen the world's fastest indian...pretty sweet movie would highly recommend that. Movies just aren't as good or well thought out as they used to be.
oldblood
9/1/2019 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2019 9:42pm
Think about it if Kenny or AC walked up to their mechanics tool box pulled out some wrenches walked over to their bikes and started pulling the motor apart right before a race I'm pretty sure their mechanics would quickly run over and ask," hey bud whatya' doing there boss? ".
9/2/2019 6:48am
oldblood wrote:
My son noticed the excessive chain cleaning also so I had to point out to him that actually factory pros probably don't know how to do...
My son noticed the excessive chain cleaning also so I had to point out to him that actually factory pros probably don't know how to do much more than that mechanically so it's actually pretty accurate
I took my Dad to see it and we thought the same thing “he sure does love cleaning that chain” but it was definitely the best moto movie we’ve ever seen.
Jeff_Cabral
9/2/2019 9:15am
That’s my family’s Moto Shop in NorCal he works in... still a classic Suzuki Honda motorcycle shop for 50 years now 🙂 🏍 🛵
Bman_145 wrote:
Cycle West is awesome. We have bought a lot bikes there over the years.
They appreciate that. It’s hard for a classic old type bike shop these days. All they have is experience and normal sales help and no games going for them. 50 years now. Still can see my dad’s race photos and old timer national win trophies on the wall too. Was fun for them for sure

Post a reply to: Bennett's War Moto movie

The Latest