Bench Racing - Throwback Style - 1993 Supercross Series

TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
Edited Date/Time 3/16/2020 11:49am
Ok guys, we need something. It's been raining non-stop in DFW and my track is under water. I've already re-watched every round of 2020. I need some racing.

So, let's try something different. Let's "benchrace" an older series (thank you Tony Blazier, you are a hero in times like these). We'll start with 1993, the year that changed supercross forever. This was the year that the world really learned the name "Jeremy McGrath". It would mark season favorit Damon Bradshaw's last supercross win. Same for Jeff Stanton. Kawasaki hopeful Mike Larocco would win early on and from there, not win again until 1994. It marked the start of an era where everyone was seemingly racing for 2nd place.

What are your best memories from this year?

|
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/16/2020 11:49am
I went to Sandiego in 1993.
Jeremy McGrath won the 250 class.
But a pretty much unknown rider rider won the 125 class.
I had gotten there Saturday super early in the morning.
And walked around all day. I was just a fan. Not in the industry and I just coincidentally had talked to Michael pichon earlier that day. In his very broken English at the time.
He was in the stands way up in the nose bleeds just kinda looking down on the track as was I and I remember thinking that I knew who all the pro riders were, and thinking he must be a privateer just trying to qualify. And he won the 125 class that night. Pretty cool at least I thought so.

Post a reply to: Bench Racing - Throwback Style - 1993 Supercross Series

The Latest