Bench Racing - Motocross of Nations Free Practice and Qualifying Races

davis224
Fantasy
138th
9/24/2022 4:17pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
His fastest lap in free practice was 58.273 seconds slower than Jett Lawrence in 1st.
Yes, I see your point, but at what point do you cut them out? Do you also cut out the team because of its slowest rider...
Yes, I see your point, but at what point do you cut them out?
Do you also cut out the team because of its slowest rider?
Look at poor Jo, he probably didnt stand a chance today due to his slower team mate, did you want Japan to not enter?
I say leave the format as it is.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't know why you're asking me. I got no issue with any of the guys trying to qualify no matter how slow they go around...
I don't know why you're asking me.

I got no issue with any of the guys trying to qualify no matter how slow they go around the track. They paid to get there and they deserve a shot just like everyone else. If he's out there and sticks to his lines, no problem. If he's out there and zigzagging across the track, then there's a safety issue and he needs to be pulled off the track.
I'm glad the dude got the chance to ride Red Bud on the biggest stage, but it looked scary for him out there. Struggling to stay up in ruts, singling the leap, etc. During practice I kept waiting for him to pick it up at least a little, but it never happened. I didn't see him past the 3rd or 4th lap of qualifying, maybe he decided he had enough.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/24/2022 4:25pm
davis224 wrote:
I'm glad the dude got the chance to ride Red Bud on the biggest stage, but it looked scary for him out there. Struggling to stay...
I'm glad the dude got the chance to ride Red Bud on the biggest stage, but it looked scary for him out there. Struggling to stay up in ruts, singling the leap, etc. During practice I kept waiting for him to pick it up at least a little, but it never happened. I didn't see him past the 3rd or 4th lap of qualifying, maybe he decided he had enough.
He did 6 laps.

I don't know what the solution is or if there's even one needed. You can't exclude them because one guy isn't up to par. His MX2 teammate was the 25th fastest and his MXGP teammate only did one lap that was over 11 minutes long. I'm assuming he had a big get-off, so it's difficult to say where he would fit in.
philG
9/24/2022 4:26pm
VanDan wrote:
Dominance from Team USA.
Titan1 wrote:
AMA rider dominance…
VanDan wrote:
Not really surprising, I think there is more regular AMA based riders racing than there is MXGP/MX2 regulars. There are also more riders from both the...
Not really surprising, I think there is more regular AMA based riders racing than there is MXGP/MX2 regulars.

There are also more riders from both the top 3 and 5 of Pro Motocross, than there is MXGP/MX2... and that's excluding world class AMA based riders such as Musquin and Ferrandis who both performed well today/
Imagine if both World Champions were there.

motomike137
9/24/2022 4:28pm
Tumic wrote:
And you could tell that Malin thought so to. As you say, this is a coverage for the whole world and JT is just a co-announcer...
And you could tell that Malin thought so to.

As you say, this is a coverage for the whole world and JT is just a co-announcer but were really steuggeling with being neutral.

I really like him otherwise, but this was just to much.
lol not one complaint about ferrandis saying the war with the US has started tho? Its really not that deep. Malin had digs at the US...
lol not one complaint about ferrandis saying the war with the US has started tho? Its really not that deep. Malin had digs at the US the whole time too.
It's all good fun. I didn't know vitards have such thin skin ( actually that's not true, I'm very aware lol). Lighten up people!

The Shop

Front242
9/24/2022 4:50pm
did i missed they called the name Gajser today Unsure
mxpappy711
9/24/2022 5:17pm
Saluted the crowd this lap nodded yes one lap too. Man he looked comfortable and sprocket bolts were tight!
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/24/2022 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2022 5:32pm
Finally got a chance to watch all 3 qually's.

Team USA looks great.
Hopefully with some good starts and a bit of luck(stay out of trouble) they get the job done tomorrow.

Ferrandis , Marvin & Renaux also looked really good and should be a force to to be reckoned with.

Hunter,Jett & Evans also looked very solid and I wouldn't be surprised if the Aussie's hung it out and pulled off a podium. All 3 of those guys will find more speed tomorrow.

Geerts put in a great ride too - can never count out the Belgians

I think Captain Obvious would agree that those will be the top 4 teams. .
9/24/2022 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2022 5:43pm
FastEddy wrote:
Finally got a chance to watch all 3 qually's. Team USA looks great. Hopefully with some good starts and a bit of luck(stay out of trouble)...

Team USA looks great.
Hopefully with some good starts and a bit of luck(stay out of trouble) they get the job done tomorrow.

Ferrandis , Marvin & Renaux also looked really good and should be a force to to be reckoned with.

Hunter,Jett & Evans also looked very solid and I wouldn't be surprised if the Aussie's hung it out and pulled off a podium. All 3 of those guys will find more speed tomorrow.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Team Spain played spoiler and finished on the podium. 4-4-1 results today was super impressive.
Cygrace74
9/24/2022 5:49pm
I wouldn’t be shocked if Team Spain played spoiler and finished on the podium. 4-4-1 results today was super impressive.
Do you think Ferrandis is Spanish?
9/24/2022 5:51pm
FastEddy wrote:
Finally got a chance to watch all 3 qually's. Team USA looks great. Hopefully with some good starts and a bit of luck(stay out of trouble)...

Team USA looks great.

The Australian team floor should be podium. They can win it.
9/24/2022 5:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2022 6:02pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
Do you think Ferrandis is Spanish?
No, do you?

Open: Fernandez finished 4th
MX2: Farres finished 4th
MX1: Prado finished 1st

As I said, with Team Spain getting 4-4-1 results today I wouldn’t be shocked to see them on the podium. I didn’t mention Ferrandis at any point.
Cygrace74
9/24/2022 6:02pm
No, do you? Open: Fernandez finished 4th MX2: Farres finished 4th MX1: Prado finished 1st As I said, with Team Spain getting 4-4-1 results today I...
No, do you?

As I said, with Team Spain getting 4-4-1 results today I wouldn’t be shocked to see them on the podium. I didn’t mention Ferrandis at any point.
The only moto winners today were Geerts, Cooper and Ferrandis… Prado was crossing over people as usual before he got his doors blown off my Tomac
9/24/2022 6:08pm
No, do you? Open: Fernandez finished 4th MX2: Farres finished 4th MX1: Prado finished 1st As I said, with Team Spain getting 4-4-1 results today I...
No, do you?

Cygrace74 wrote:
The only moto winners today were Geerts, Cooper and Ferrandis… Prado was crossing over people as usual before he got his doors blown off my Tomac
You’re right. My bad. I was mistaken and thought Prado had won his moto. I’m not sure why I thought that.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
9/24/2022 6:57pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Ive watched it like 10 times Laughing
Hope he can make it to the race tomorrow. DNF on first lap today, not sure why
First turn crash with someone else
Mavetism
9/24/2022 7:10pm
That is the best I've seen Cooper ride, he's rising to the occasion.
Did you skip the last three years watching mx? Laughing Or do you just mean this year?
Spudinki45
Fantasy
2988th
9/24/2022 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2022 7:27pm
RG1 wrote:
Rough go for Shimoda, gonna be hard for Japan to qualify now. They really needed at least a Top 5 from him. Hard to see them...
Rough go for Shimoda, gonna be hard for Japan to qualify now. They really needed at least a Top 5 from him. Hard to see them going straight through and I don’t think they will be able to go through the B main
On all honesty these crashes are gonna keep happening until he gets his elbows up how many times has he tipped over in corners like RJ and Mosiman, it's why ppl like Jett look so smooth
Forty
9/24/2022 7:51pm
Thanks Mav.
jeffro503
9/24/2022 7:56pm
VanDan wrote:
Dominance from Team USA.
Titan1 wrote:
AMA rider dominance…
VanDan wrote:
Not really surprising, I think there is more regular AMA based riders racing than there is MXGP/MX2 regulars. There are also more riders from both the...
Not really surprising, I think there is more regular AMA based riders racing than there is MXGP/MX2 regulars.

There are also more riders from both the top 3 and 5 of Pro Motocross, than there is MXGP/MX2... and that's excluding world class AMA based riders such as Musquin and Ferrandis who both performed well today/
That is incorrect by a long ways. You have a out 5% AMA guys out there.....the rest are either mxgp or riders who basically just race in their own country.
9/24/2022 9:45pm
Fastest laps of the races

MXGP

2.02.824 = Jago Geerts
2.02.853 = Mitchell Evans
2.02.961 = Eli Tomac
2.03.326 = Jeremy Seewer
2.04.578 = Maxime Renaux
2.04.691 = Jorge Prado Garcia
2.05.048 = Glenn Coldenhoff
2.05.970 = Benny Bloss
2.06.187 = Dylan Wright
2.06.397 = Cornelius Toendel

MX2

2.03.163 = Hunter Lawrence
2.03.366 = Justin Cooper
2.04.774 = Marvin Musquin
2.06.471 = Guillem Farres
2.06.664 = Liam Everts
2.07.164 = Simon Laengenfelder
2.07.328 = Hardy Munoz
2.07.390 = Kay De Wolf
2.07.521 = Andrea Adamo
2.07.587 = Jo Shimoda

OPEN

2.02.373 = Dylan Ferrandis
2.02.632 = Chase Sexton
2.03.669 = Jett Lawrence
2.06.080 = Ruben Fernandez
2.06.400 = Calvin Vlaanderen
2.07.704 = Harri Kullas
2.08.431 = Mattia Guadagnini
2.08.655 = Jeremy Van Horebeek
2.08.660 = Frederik Noren
2.08.828 = Kevin Brumann
mx313
9/24/2022 11:17pm
Titan1 wrote:
AMA rider dominance…
VanDan wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
That is incorrect by a long ways. You have a out 5% AMA guys out there.....the rest are either mxgp or riders who basically just race...
That is incorrect by a long ways. You have a out 5% AMA guys out there.....the rest are either mxgp or riders who basically just race in their own country.
That's incorrect by a longs ways.
There is atleast 20 ama riders and 99 entries. And that's not counting guys like Tyler medaglia, josiah natzke , jorgen taliviku or toni cairoli.
So that's atleast 20% of the riders are ama.
It's hard to count the mxgp riders coz so many do there local mxgp racers or are emx based. But I estimate about 40% are mxgp based.

But in the top 5
8 from ama or 53%
7 from mxgp 47%

Finishing 5-10th
4 ama riders and
6 mxgp
5 non mxgp
Then you have guys like cairoli who is mxgp but raced ama this year. And others like Tommy searle, harri kulas, who are mxgp but prob more of a local racers. Then there's 1 non ama/mxgp top 10 and that's Dylan Wright.
Total top 10
Ama 12 or 40%
Mxgp 13 or 43 %
Non 5 or 16%

I think it's fair to say ama based riders finished higher then the average.
But local European riders will often be classes as an mxgp rider just coz of the easiness to race local mxgp races.
Ozy
9/24/2022 11:49pm
Gungadin wrote:
LOL

Malin has been slapping Jason Jr around.
Tumic wrote:
Understandable. Malin sitting there and trying to cover the race as neutral as possible while JS sitting there with a massive USA boner. I guess Malin...
Understandable. Malin sitting there and trying to cover the race as neutral as possible while JS sitting there with a massive USA boner.

I guess Malin just want JS to act as a professional non bias announcer.
Shred wrote:
Yea…I actually agree with this. This is coverage for the world…not just the USA. Be professional. The French war comment was kind of stupid imo.
have to LOL - like the pot calling the kettle black . . . professional connotates super intelligent objectivity then you turn around and refer to World War 2 and the french war.

JT was fine in the booth. Why should he quench his patriotism? The other guy can barely hide his disdain for America
Tumic
9/25/2022 12:06am
Ozy wrote:
have to LOL - like the pot calling the kettle black . . . professional connotates super intelligent objectivity then you turn around and refer to...
have to LOL - like the pot calling the kettle black . . . professional connotates super intelligent objectivity then you turn around and refer to World War 2 and the french war.

JT was fine in the booth. Why should he quench his patriotism? The other guy can barely hide his disdain for America
You don’t hear Malin stroking his own while going on about Team GB the whole moto do you?.

As a announcer your job is to talk about what’s happening on the track, not spew your love out for the team you are rooting for, No matter WHAT team that is.

If you can’t be non-bias while calling the race, don’t do it.

JT were much better last year in Italy.
teamddr
9/25/2022 12:10am
Tumic wrote:
Understandable. Malin sitting there and trying to cover the race as neutral as possible while JS sitting there with a massive USA boner. I guess Malin...
Understandable. Malin sitting there and trying to cover the race as neutral as possible while JS sitting there with a massive USA boner.

I guess Malin just want JS to act as a professional non bias announcer.
Shred wrote:
Yea…I actually agree with this. This is coverage for the world…not just the USA. Be professional. The French war comment was kind of stupid imo.
Ozy wrote:
have to LOL - like the pot calling the kettle black . . . professional connotates super intelligent objectivity then you turn around and refer to...

It all sounded like bit of friendly banter to me. J T is passionate about two things -dirt bikes and his homeland so no problem with the over exuberance.as for Malin showing disdain, what a load of complete S..t , he’s just yanking JTs chain for the wind up.
Wildeye511
9/25/2022 12:16am
GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
daemon666
9/25/2022 12:22am
Maverick you can be my wing man any time!!!

Post a reply to: Bench Racing - Motocross of Nations Free Practice and Qualifying Races

The Latest