Bench Racing: KR94 - ET17 - MM25

KlootZak
Edited Date/Time 6/12/2013 1:39am
Well we're a third in this championship, so who do you think will win the title?

- Marvin Musquin has really been the underdog in this pack, but who would have thought he would be the first to have a back-to-back win? He's a proven championship winner and is technically very good. In my opinion Musquin's weakness is his selfconfidence, however his selfconfidence got a huge boost after his moto win in High Point. I think he could be really dangerous for the title, but I also think he's the least fastest of the 3.

- After last year I thought Eli Tomac would be the new RV2, but this year he's kind of disappointing. His supercross season was filled with some stupid crashes and then he had that horrible ride in SLC. However Eli clearly has the speed and the fitness! But he always struggle with the start. A great start is a victory for Eli (well most of the time), but his starts are 50-50 and in High Point he had none.

- Ken Roczen really stepped it up since last year. He has a crazy speed and great aggression in the first part of the race. If his start isn't brilliant then he can shove his way to the front really quick. He's also quite consistent this year (1-1-1-3-1-4-1-2) and clinched 5 of the 8 motos this year! However I think his condition isn't as good as the other two. At this point it really hasn't been much of a problem (Thunder Vally moto 2 he lost a spot and he maybe could have caught Musquin in High Point with a better fitness) BUT there haven't been some really hot moto's yet and that could be catastrophic!

Conclusion: I'll go for Ken Roczen because of his speed, aggression and consistency
|
stewie94
6/9/2013 5:20pm
i wouldnt count out baggett just yet , but yea i think now since roczen has learned the tracks, dealt with the intensity from last year & mature alot from his rookie days , i think this is his year to shine
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
6/9/2013 5:26pm
People keep harping on about Tomac's starts. They haven't been that much worse than Roczens

slipdog
6/9/2013 5:39pm
My gut is telling me Roczen. They both(94&17) proved they can win with a good start, but Roczen seems to come through the pack better from a bad start. It's still a little early and the 25 is still in the hunt also.
blumx357
6/9/2013 5:41pm
Musquin held off charges from Tomac in moto 1 and Roczen in moto 2 at High Point. As of right now, he's got the edge on those 2 in the fitness/mental toughness/efficient speed. But damn Roczen is the best by a mile the first 2-3 laps.

The Shop

IWreckALot
6/9/2013 5:58pm
Tomac has me super confused. . . It seems he's lost some aggression after his SX crash. I don't know if there is something still lingering from that wreck or if something else is a miss. Last year he could run down the front runners pretty easy with the exception of Baggett but this season, he just seems to wait it out longer before he starts making moves. And I have to agree that his starts are really inconsistent. He doesn't really get great starts and he hasn't really made big moves in the first couple of laps of the races.

And Roczen and Musquin caught me off guard this season as well but in a pleasantly surprised way. I thought they would be consistently top 5 but I didn't expect them to win as often as he has. Kudos to team KTM. Now if they find Dungey :02 a lap, they would be golden.
PressPassP
6/10/2013 6:17am
Roczen has been very clever at picking his way through on the 1st lap,his starts havn't been that great really,he looks so calm and calculated with his riding

I think he's more settled than last year when he just didn't look himself a lot of time,and those who were slamming him doubting his speed etc can STFU now Wink
Frodad78
6/10/2013 6:51am
Feels like the last 3 tracks have been right in Moose-can's wheel house. The ruts and technicality make his riding almost Kdubish. Could be trouble for the other 2 contenders if this technical track trend continues.
KlootZak
6/10/2013 7:25am
Frodad78 wrote:
Feels like the last 3 tracks have been right in Moose-can's wheel house. The ruts and technicality make his riding almost Kdubish. Could be trouble for...
Feels like the last 3 tracks have been right in Moose-can's wheel house. The ruts and technicality make his riding almost Kdubish. Could be trouble for the other 2 contenders if this technical track trend continues.
That's also true. Muddy Creek and High Point were more prepared like a GP track because of the rain (or abuse of watering). This helped Musquin (and Roczen). I don't think the other rounds will have this problem and when the heat comes into the equation it will give Tomac an advantage.

I'm looking forward to Southwick. Roczen did great in Lommel last year but Tomac was a beast in Soutwick. He who has the start, will probably take the win ...
KlootZak
6/10/2013 7:27am
stewie94 wrote:
i wouldnt count out baggett just yet , but yea i think now since roczen has learned the tracks, dealt with the intensity from last year...
i wouldnt count out baggett just yet , but yea i think now since roczen has learned the tracks, dealt with the intensity from last year & mature alot from his rookie days , i think this is his year to shine
Baggett is 44 points down on Roczen, 29 on Tomac and 22 on Musquin. That's really too much for such a packed and consistent field ...
Frodad78
6/10/2013 8:14am
Frodad78 wrote:
Feels like the last 3 tracks have been right in Moose-can's wheel house. The ruts and technicality make his riding almost Kdubish. Could be trouble for...
KlootZak wrote:
That's also true. Muddy Creek and High Point were more prepared like a GP track because of the rain (or abuse of watering). This helped Musquin...
That's also true. Muddy Creek and High Point were more prepared like a GP track because of the rain (or abuse of watering). This helped Musquin (and Roczen). I don't think the other rounds will have this problem and when the heat comes into the equation it will give Tomac an advantage.

I'm looking forward to Southwick. Roczen did great in Lommel last year but Tomac was a beast in Soutwick. He who has the start, will probably take the win ...
Yeah I can imagine the KTM boys are going to excel in the sands. Should be interesting towards the end of the season if things are tight as the tracks like Elsinore and Utah will be nothing like what the guys are racing on now.
onthepipe
6/10/2013 1:03pm
KlootZak wrote:
Well we're a third in this championship, so who do you think will win the title? - Marvin Musquin has really been the underdog in this...
Well we're a third in this championship, so who do you think will win the title?

- Marvin Musquin has really been the underdog in this pack, but who would have thought he would be the first to have a back-to-back win? He's a proven championship winner and is technically very good. In my opinion Musquin's weakness is his selfconfidence, however his selfconfidence got a huge boost after his moto win in High Point. I think he could be really dangerous for the title, but I also think he's the least fastest of the 3.

- After last year I thought Eli Tomac would be the new RV2, but this year he's kind of disappointing. His supercross season was filled with some stupid crashes and then he had that horrible ride in SLC. However Eli clearly has the speed and the fitness! But he always struggle with the start. A great start is a victory for Eli (well most of the time), but his starts are 50-50 and in High Point he had none.

- Ken Roczen really stepped it up since last year. He has a crazy speed and great aggression in the first part of the race. If his start isn't brilliant then he can shove his way to the front really quick. He's also quite consistent this year (1-1-1-3-1-4-1-2) and clinched 5 of the 8 motos this year! However I think his condition isn't as good as the other two. At this point it really hasn't been much of a problem (Thunder Vally moto 2 he lost a spot and he maybe could have caught Musquin in High Point with a better fitness) BUT there haven't been some really hot moto's yet and that could be catastrophic!

Conclusion: I'll go for Ken Roczen because of his speed, aggression and consistency
I pretty much agree on all of these points!
ocscottie
6/10/2013 2:12pm
The moves Kenny pulled in the opening 3-4 corners in both motos this weekend was pretty amazing..especially that 2nd moto, he was in for a long moto if it had not carved the pack the way he did, no idea how he pulled that off!

...still a lot of racing to go and anything can happen, but i like his chances Cool
TDeath21
6/11/2013 7:06pm
Tomac, in my opinion, is not a proven champion. Roczen and Musquin are. Tomac is just fine when he's the pursuer in the championship, but when he's the main guy with a points lead, he will blow it. We have to believe that until he proves us otherwise. I don't see him winning it all.

I don't see Musquin as a guy who can string a couple 1-1 finishes together to close up on Roczen, so I think Roczen's consistency will keep his lead on Musquin fluctuating between 15 and 30 points all season.

Roczen will be your 2013 250 MX Champion.

That's my prediction anyway.
6/12/2013 1:34am
MM should never be rated as an underdog, 2 x champ, say no more !

It is going to be tight all year but if I had to bet i would go KR,MM, BB with ET finishing the season out of the top 5.
6/12/2013 1:39am
PressPassP wrote:
Roczen has been very clever at picking his way through on the 1st lap,his starts havn't been that great really,he looks so calm and calculated with...
Roczen has been very clever at picking his way through on the 1st lap,his starts havn't been that great really,he looks so calm and calculated with his riding

I think he's more settled than last year when he just didn't look himself a lot of time,and those who were slamming him doubting his speed etc can STFU now Wink
yup - there were some at the start of the season still saying he would fade after 20 mins....... suddenly nowhere to be seen Whistling

They all need to get their starts dialled, although the class does seem kinda rampant again so i think too much can be looked into not getting the HS. KR is finally showing his class while getting through the pack and what we came to know before the move across the water.

Post a reply to: Bench Racing: KR94 - ET17 - MM25

The Latest