Bell moto 9 mips or Fly F2 Carbon mips

Moto96
10/2/2018 9:58am
Kelz87 wrote:
If Bell is good enough for Tomac, it’s good enough for me B) I’m jk. I know it’s been said already, but I would try them...
If Bell is good enough for Tomac, it’s good enough for me Cool

I’m jk. I know it’s been said already, but I would try them both on if you can. I actually went up a size for my Moto-9 because of the way it fits. I have no valuable input for the Fly besides it looking good
How come he doesn't wear 6D anymore? Was their money not good enough?
10/2/2018 10:29am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2018 10:51am
Racer111 wrote:
Hmmm. I think you probably do not have the first clue what you are talking about. “(6) Performance. We love this helmet. We don’t love its...
Hmmm. I think you probably do not have the first clue what you are talking about.

“(6) Performance. We love this helmet. We don’t love its price, look or weight, but it is one of the best made and safest helmets in the sport, largely because Arai won’t compromise on its basic safety tenets. The VX-Pro4 is better than the VX-Pro3 thanks to its increased airflow, longer visor, goggle strap locator and removable mouthpiece. It maintains Arai’s exceptional safety standards with its smooth shell, multi-density foam liner, emergency release system, frangible plastic screws and vents—not to mention Japanese-quality construction.

WHAT’S THE SQUAWK? Price, and price alone.

5-STARS
You can buy cheaper helmets that have more style, but you would be hard-pressed to find a helmet with the quality, integrity and safety of the Arai VX-Pro4. - Racer X Magazine”
You obviously don't know the first thing about energy management and what causes concussions. I do not have time to prove you wrong but quoting a Racer X article speaks volumes about your knowledge on the topic. I have owned an Arai and Shoei when I thought they were the "safest" brands prior to the angular acceleration and low-threshold energy arguments came out. I got a TBI in my Arai and as a result I did my research and I will never wear one or a conventional dual density helmet again.

EDIT: Lmao you copied a MXA article but quoted it to Racer X
Kelz87
Fantasy
1372nd
10/2/2018 11:15am
Kelz87 wrote:
If Bell is good enough for Tomac, it’s good enough for me B) I’m jk. I know it’s been said already, but I would try them...

I’m jk. I know it’s been said already, but I would try them both on if you can. I actually went up a size for my Moto-9 because of the way it fits. I have no valuable input for the Fly besides it looking good
Moto96 wrote:
Hm, not sure but if I’m not mistaken, the whole Monster Energy Kawi team uses Bell helmets right now
psg119
10/2/2018 11:28am
Kelz87 wrote:

Moto96 wrote:
Kelz87 wrote:
Hm, not sure but if I’m not mistaken, the whole Monster Energy Kawi team uses Bell helmets right now
Go check out the JS17 thread

The Shop

Indy mxer
10/2/2018 3:11pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2018 3:30pm
Racer111 wrote:
Yes. I’m a Shoei Guy, but in all seriousness, Arai probably makes the best helmet period. Road and Dirt.
Yeah the best helmet to transfer all of the angular acceleration to your head. Go with a mips, 6D, or a Leatt OP
Racer111 wrote:
Hmmm. I think you probably do not have the first clue what you are talking about. “(6) Performance. We love this helmet. We don’t love its...
Hmmm. I think you probably do not have the first clue what you are talking about.

“(6) Performance. We love this helmet. We don’t love its price, look or weight, but it is one of the best made and safest helmets in the sport, largely because Arai won’t compromise on its basic safety tenets. The VX-Pro4 is better than the VX-Pro3 thanks to its increased airflow, longer visor, goggle strap locator and removable mouthpiece. It maintains Arai’s exceptional safety standards with its smooth shell, multi-density foam liner, emergency release system, frangible plastic screws and vents—not to mention Japanese-quality construction.

5-STARS
You can buy cheaper helmets that have more style, but you would be hard-pressed to find a helmet with the quality, integrity and safety of the Arai VX-Pro4. - Racer X Magazine”
You must work for Arai. That's the only way to explain your goofy argument.

Face it, it's over priced 25 year old technology! They were good back in the day, not so much now.
But if retro is your thing, there you go.

Even Shoei has seen the light and ditched that old crap.

Racer111
10/2/2018 9:08pm
Yeah the best helmet to transfer all of the angular acceleration to your head. Go with a mips, 6D, or a Leatt OP
Racer111 wrote:

5-STARS
Indy mxer wrote:
You must work for Arai. That's the only way to explain your goofy argument. Face it, it's over priced 25 year old technology! They were good...

Face it, it's over priced 25 year old technology! They were good back in the day, not so much now.

I wear a Shoei. They work for me. No reason to change. However, I do sell helmets as part of my job. Have been for a while. You can say what you want about the Arai, but ask Barcia why he left Shoei where he was getting paid to Switch to Arai helmets. Arai gives him helmets, but they don’t pay him a salary. If you don’t know why he switched, you’re missing a cool story.
Lynch
10/2/2018 9:45pm
Racer111 wrote:

5-STARS
Indy mxer wrote:
You must work for Arai. That's the only way to explain your goofy argument. Face it, it's over priced 25 year old technology! They were good...

Racer111 wrote:
I wear a Shoei. They work for me. No reason to change. However, I do sell helmets as part of my job. Have been for a...
I wear a Shoei. They work for me. No reason to change. However, I do sell helmets as part of my job. Have been for a while. You can say what you want about the Arai, but ask Barcia why he left Shoei where he was getting paid to Switch to Arai helmets. Arai gives him helmets, but they don’t pay him a salary. If you don’t know why he switched, you’re missing a cool story.
So why did he switch? Insideknowitallman
VRR7
10/3/2018 1:59am
I have owned a few vx3 arais and Bell moto 8 and currently a fly F2 and it has been as comfortable as the arais.
Do no buy brand but the one that fits best - I have a VX3 and I can wear it 6 hours - Also surprising comfortable at high speed - I have a fly dual sport and it is ok but not as comfortable or well made - I thought I would like the bell so went to try in on and it was horrible - pressed my ears - Same for Airoh just tried in on and took it off right away I would not like it on my head a long time - I am size XL - Check the dot and Snell those are safety tests they all have to pass and if they pass they are up to a rigorous safety standard . Bottom line is find the one that Fits your head and go with that !

Post a reply to: Bell moto 9 mips or Fly F2 Carbon mips

The Latest