Bell moto 9 mips or Fly F2 Carbon mips

Related:
Create New Tag

10/1/2018 4:10 PM

Which is better? i have narrowed down my choices to either of them.

|

10/1/2018 5:06 PM

They’re both made by the same company, so try them both on and go with the one that fits best.

|

10/1/2018 5:16 PM

Shoei or Arai. Everything else is playing second fiddle to both of those.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

10/1/2018 5:17 PM

Those are good news

|

10/1/2018 5:17 PM

Shoei or Arai. Everything else is playing second fiddle to both of those.

If I had to pick between the two, the Bell.

|

10/1/2018 5:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2018 5:59 PM

I feel like the arai should have some kind of mips. Am i wrong?. Is the arai still a better helmet than the other two?

|

10/1/2018 6:55 PM

ratonmacias wrote:

I feel like the arai should have some kind of mips. Am i wrong?. Is the arai still a better helmet than the other two?

Yes. I’m a Shoei Guy, but in all seriousness, Arai probably makes the best helmet period. Road and Dirt.

|

10/1/2018 7:03 PM

ratonmacias wrote:

It's hard to imagine with the recent helmet tech that it is a better helmet. I would think MIPS and 6D's design is more effective than just a shell with no edges.

|

10/1/2018 8:19 PM

Racer111 wrote:

Yes. I’m a Shoei Guy, but in all seriousness, Arai probably makes the best helmet period. Road and Dirt.

Yeah the best helmet to transfer all of the angular acceleration to your head. Go with a mips, 6D, or a Leatt OP

|

10/1/2018 8:20 PM

Between the 2, go with bell. Go with a company who specializes in helmets.

If you can, go with shoei. Ive got a shoei, thor, msr, and fly helmet. The shoei crushes all of them. When i have my shoei on i feel safe and feel like ill make it thru a crash. When i have the others on, it feels like i got them at walmart. No offense to the other brands. My thor helmet did its job a couple weeks ago when i had a hard crash and my fly helmet did its job as well. Theyre just not confidence inspiring after having a shoei.

This is just my experience though. And to be fair im comparing a $600 helmet with a $300 thor helmet and a $200 fly helmet.

|

10/1/2018 8:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2018 8:38 PM

I've always been a big fan of the F2 helmet. Combined with the MIPS system, I don't think you can go wrong.

|

10/2/2018 1:49 AM

I have a 6year old F2 and hit my head a few times and its stayed in good shape, fits very nice aswell but am going to see what the bell feels like in a month if I prefer the feel i'll get a Bell if not ill probably just stick with the F2, The F2 also has kept exactly the same shape and padding from my old one compared to a new one.

Photo

|

10/2/2018 3:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2018 3:41 AM

ratonmacias wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Are you serious? If you like still like flip phones and 4 stroke bikes with carburetors, by an Arai.
25 year old technology. No thanks

Too many better choices out there now.
I'l take my 6D all day. Even the NFL likes their design. That's why they awarded them $500K.
Fly and Bell are 2 good choices as well.

|

10/2/2018 4:18 AM

DoubleA wrote:

I have a 6year old F2 and hit my head a few times and its stayed in good shape, fits very nice aswell but am going to see what ...more

You’re brave using a 6 year old helmet that’s taken a few hits shocked

|

10/2/2018 4:26 AM

ratonmacias wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

SandProtege wrote:

Yeah the best helmet to transfer all of the angular acceleration to your head. Go with a mips, 6D, or a Leatt OP

Hmmm. I think you probably do not have the first clue what you are talking about.

“(6) Performance. We love this helmet. We don’t love its price, look or weight, but it is one of the best made and safest helmets in the sport, largely because Arai won’t compromise on its basic safety tenets. The VX-Pro4 is better than the VX-Pro3 thanks to its increased airflow, longer visor, goggle strap locator and removable mouthpiece. It maintains Arai’s exceptional safety standards with its smooth shell, multi-density foam liner, emergency release system, frangible plastic screws and vents—not to mention Japanese-quality construction.

WHAT’S THE SQUAWK? Price, and price alone.

5-STARS
You can buy cheaper helmets that have more style, but you would be hard-pressed to find a helmet with the quality, integrity and safety of the Arai VX-Pro4. - Racer X Magazine”

|

10/2/2018 5:51 AM

I love my F2 Carbon

|

10/2/2018 6:10 AM

Racer111 wrote:

SandProtege wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Hmmm. I think you probably do not have the first clue what you are talking about.

“(6) Performance. We love this helmet. We ...more

the 'features' used to describe the exceptional safety can be found in a Bell Moto 6....

But Bell progressed to new safety technology, Arai hasnt. End of story.

You sound like a guy that would choose a 2008 CRF450 over a new bike

|

10/2/2018 6:33 AM

I've worn Arai for the last 15-20 years, but I'm looking at the new Fly carbon helmet with MIPS. Does anyone know how the Fly helmet fits compared to the Arai? I wear an XL and the Arai fits perfect on my head. I tried on a Shoei and it didn't fit my head as well.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/2/2018 7:08 AM

I have owned a few vx3 arais and Bell moto 8 and currently a fly F2 and it has been as comfortable as the arais.

|

10/2/2018 7:20 AM

Try them on, Bell squeezes my cheeks like you wouldn't believe!

|

10/2/2018 7:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2018 7:27 AM

Arai/Shoei have been left in the dust technology wise. Best advise is to find both try them on see what fits best, both listed helmets are excellent.

|

10/2/2018 7:27 AM

the FLY F2 is such a good helmet. the features and price are great. You should be asking JT these questions via PM or email. He would be glad to answer your questions. I think he is such a great salesman. He doesn't bad mouth another company but he will tell you why the FLY is good or better. If there is a product better than his FLY stuff he isn't afraid to say it.

|

10/2/2018 7:30 AM

navalseabee wrote:

Arai/Shoei have been left in the dust technology wise. Best advise is to find both try them on see what fits best, both listed ...more

Shoei does have their design of Mips on the new helmets. I believe they call it MEDS

|

10/2/2018 8:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2018 10:08 AM

WIth all the concussions lately, not sure any of the new tech does anything.

Now, on these helmets with all the edges to grab and yank your head, maybe some of the new tech helps counter that.

Just using some common sense, since NFL helmets have stayed mostly round because they routinly hit and slide on the ground and do not want fancy edges grabbing and twising the head. I think helmets today are more for fashion than safety when it comes to that.

NFL posts their own tests of helmets.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/2/2018 8:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2018 8:20 AM

disbanded wrote:

Same here. I tried one on and there was no way I could wear it. I even tried a size larger.

|

10/2/2018 8:39 AM

disbanded wrote:

you can easily put thinner cheekpads in.

|

10/2/2018 8:54 AM

DoubleA wrote:

I have a 6year old F2 and hit my head a few times and its stayed in good shape, fits very nice aswell but am going to see what ...more

Tom711 wrote:

You’re brave using a 6 year old helmet that’s taken a few hits shocked

Stupid is more like it. Let’s be honest here.

|

10/2/2018 9:04 AM

disbanded wrote:

wideopen198 wrote:

you can easily put thinner cheekpads in.

Even with the thinnest they made, my face looked like a guppy fish lol!

|

10/2/2018 9:13 AM

Before I'd take ANYONE's advice on helmets around h'yar...I'd do dome serious reading. The ratings & testing side of this has seen serious advancements and changes these last few years. The design and material changes are extremely important when it comes to DECELERATING the impact that your brain sees when your head hits ground. There's even technologies like MIPS that help protect your brain in ways most people haven't even considered...

Here's a quick read on MIPS:

MIPS is an acronym for Multi-Directional Impact Protection System. The technology was created in 2001 by members of the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden. MIPS is a world leader in head and neck protection as a result of over 30 years of experience from its creators in the field of medical technology and research.

MIPS technology mimics the brain’s protective structure by reducing rotational forces caused by angled impacts to the head. The helmet’s shell and liner are separated by a low friction layer which allows the helmet to slide, noticeably reducing trauma to the brain in the case of oblique impacts. These angled impacts are considerably more common in action sports compared to the blunt force impacts for which traditional helmets are typically tested.

I was around when these advancements where taking hold. Nowadays, I wear the TLD SE4 in it's various material types: from Caron-fiber to Poly shelled versions. That's a pice range from $150 for a Poly in "Troy's Garage" section of their site to $650 for the latest Carbon version (You can find Carbon versions on sale for $390 in Troy's Garage).

When someone's coming in here telling you that a certain brand is the best, or anything-else isn't any good...don't believe it until you've done your OWN HOMEWORK.

It's your head, your brain, your life...invest a little time getting something that YOU KNOW is a good product.
You're worth it.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

10/2/2018 9:30 AM

TLD SE4 Carbon has been the lightest, most comfortable and most durable top of the line helmet I've owned.

|