Bell Moto 9 helmet wrap *update Aug20th*

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2020 7:10 AM

Does anyone on here have a good source for getting a wrap done like this ? I have 2 Mcgrath lids right know and would really like this one done, Helmet size would be an XL.
Thanks in advance !

Photo

|

8/3/2020 8:25 AM

|

8/3/2020 9:06 AM

Hit up the guys at 180 decals.

|

8/3/2020 10:38 AM

Thanks Gents !

|

8/3/2020 11:43 AM

mirramaxx wrote:

Thanks Gents !

Post back what you come up with!

|

8/3/2020 12:58 PM

mirramaxx wrote:

Thanks Gents !

UGOTBIT wrote:

Post back what you come up with!

Please! I've been looking to put a new spin on my matte black Moto 9.

|

8/3/2020 9:48 PM

Vert mx

|

8/4/2020 1:29 PM

Backyard Design does custom wraps

http://backyarddesignusa.com/

|

8/4/2020 2:48 PM

I've been trying to find some one to do an mx-9 with no luck

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

8/4/2020 3:02 PM

That would be a awesome wrap!! Keep us posted. If you figure it out might steal the idea!!

|

8/4/2020 3:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2020 3:38 PM

I know yours is the 1998-ish design but here’s MC’s 1994-ish design rendered onto a Moto 9.

For anyone that’s interested, this guy has a lot of killer throwback designs posted on his Insta.

View this post on Instagram

. Jeremy McGrath Replica Edition BELL Moto-9 Flex . . The king of supercross 👑 Bring back the good old days! 🙌 . Jeremy McGrath (born November 19, 1971) is one of the most popular American Motocross/Supercross champions in the history of the sport, racking up 7 Supercross championships. He was most active in the 1990s earning the title the "King of Supercross." McGrath didn't start riding motocross until the age of 14 because he spent his younger years riding BMX. That experience helped him revolutionize the way supercross was ridden, employing a technique he learned in BMX allowing him to stay a foot or two lower over jumps by coming in with more speed then soaking up the landing into his body similar to the way you ride BMX. One of his BMX "tricks" during jumps on the supercross track, the most famous of which he called the "Nac Nac", helped spawn the sport of freestyle motocross. McGrath won the AMA Pro Athlete of the Year Award in 1996. Still competitive in Motorcycle racing, he has tried his hand in many types of motorcycle competition. Lately he has expanded into off-road trucks in the Pro 2WD division of the LOORS Series and occasionally tries his hand at stock car racing. McGrath lives in Southern California with his wife Kim and daughters Rhowan and Bergen. McGrath has the privilege of being the first rookie ever to win the AMA 250cc Supercross Championship, in 1993. . . #passion #childhoodhero #jeremymcgrath #ama #champion #honda #vintage #retro #bellhelmets #adobe #illustrator #design #bike #dekor #mxdekor #print #motocross #mx #supercross #90s #sx #special #kreativ #creativ #mariokern #grafik #design #produkt #mxgraphics

A post shared by MARIO KERN Ⓜ️ (@mariokern_design_production) on

|

8/5/2020 5:18 AM

Mario and I chatted on Instagram and his wraps are not cheap, was about 300 USD I think. BackYard designs vowed out and said it would be best to have someone paint it, Sounds like Tagger Designs is going to pull through ! Can't wait ! I had this Moto 6 back when I was racing BMX so many good memories, pumped to say the least! I will post update for sure !

|

8/5/2020 5:28 AM

OH Forgot to mention that 180 decals got back to me as well ! Just have to make up my mind now.

Cheers Vital Villagers smile

|

8/5/2020 6:26 AM

mirramaxx wrote:

Mario and I chatted on Instagram and his wraps are not cheap, was about 300 USD I think. BackYard designs vowed out and said it would be best to have someone paint it, Sounds like Tagger Designs is going to pull through ! Can't wait ! I had this Moto 6 back when I was racing BMX so many good memories, pumped to say the least! I will post update for sure !

I'm sure Tagger painting it would be more than $300?

Did 180 say they could do it?

|

8/5/2020 8:55 AM

Ya how much for Tagger?? Or 180 decals?? I’m sure it’s a huge difference in price... either way we want pics of the finished lid

|

8/5/2020 9:09 AM

So for Tagger Designs to do the Wrap its $160
180Decals is $120 will probably go with 180 smile

|

8/7/2020 7:27 AM

So I went with the older MC replica. Photo

That era would go better with my ride
Photo

I think 180 killed it on this, Hope he wont mind me posting. Im super excited for this !
Photo

Its going on my Vice moto 9 so it will have red mouth piece and red molding, should still look killer will post finished lid Thanks for the comments !
Cheers my fellow Vital villagers !

|

8/20/2020 5:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2020 5:08 PM

Okay here is how it turned out it would have lined up better if I took more time. was in a hurry to get it done, got way to pumped haha 180 did a great job!
Photo

Photo
Photo

|

8/20/2020 5:10 PM

I think the red mouthpiece and liner makes it look even better. Very nice.

|

8/20/2020 5:32 PM

Looks cool...however the alignment issues would keep me up at night..tongue

|

8/20/2020 6:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2020 6:07 PM

Brad460 wrote:

I know ! Lol I had it on and off to many times and was going to run out of stick so settled on how it was

|

8/21/2020 6:53 AM

Brad460 wrote:

I have the exact same sentiments!

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

8/21/2020 8:26 AM

Love the design, but theres no way id be happy with the fitment of that wrap, not due to your fitting but the actual template they have used. I would be asking for my money back. A helmet wrap shouldnt have big gaps in it everywhere.

|

8/21/2020 9:01 AM

POWLEY256 wrote:

Love the design, but theres no way id be happy with the fitment of that wrap, not due to your fitting but the actual template they have used. I would be asking for my money back. A helmet wrap shouldnt have big gaps in it everywhere.

How can you possibly judge the fitment of the wrap with that application job?

|

8/21/2020 9:02 AM

Ambitious idea, but I think they could have done a lot better with that template. If that was a $20.00 sticker kit, I would get it (still wouldn't buy it). But $120? Oof.

|

8/21/2020 9:09 AM

Helmet wraps are a B@#ch, both in sizing and applying

|

8/21/2020 10:27 AM

POWLEY256 wrote:

Shaggin589 wrote:

I make and fit helmet wraps myself, theyve clearly just bought the template online, which i did myself at first then realised it was an awful fit. I now make my own templates for the helmets i wrap so i can be sure they fit perfect with no gaps.

|

8/21/2020 1:10 PM

POWLEY256 wrote:

Shaggin589 wrote:

POWLEY256 wrote:

I make and fit helmet wraps myself, theyve clearly just bought the template online, which i did myself at first then realised it was an awful fit. I now make my own templates for the helmets i wrap so i can be sure they fit perfect with no gaps.

How much for a mx-9 w/mips

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

8/22/2020 7:21 AM

Shaggin589 wrote:

POWLEY256 wrote:

4DAIVIPAI2K5 wrote:

How much for a mx-9 w/mips

£100 + postage message my insta page @radfmxdesigns

|

8/22/2020 8:04 AM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

Helmet wraps are a B@#ch, both in sizing and applying

Truth right here. I had both my Shoei's wrapped , and I just couldn't do it. Called my buddy here in town that worked for TLD , and whipped both those helmets out quick.....and they look awesome!! Thanks again Joel !!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja