Bell Helmets shitty presence in EU

Motofinne
Edited Date/Time 4/2/2016 5:35am
I can't understand how a huge helmet company like Bell can have such a shitty presence in Europe.

I ordered the Tagger designs Flex helmet from a Finnish dealer and they were supposed to arrive 15.3 but got delayed to 31.3 and now i got a email from my dealer that they will arrive in late May.

The dealer said to me that the importer of Bell to Europe said this to them when they were wondering about when the Flex helmets would arrive to Finland "Hi its a shit show from BELL they are so late end of May will it be here. Im so sorry for this"

And this is not the first time that Bell are struggling in Europe. It took ages for them to start selling the original Moto 9 when it got released.

The dealer offered to me that i could cancel the order but i don't know if i should do that. I really like how the Moto 9 feels on my head. I could change the Flex order to an 6D helmet but i have never tried one so i'm a bit unsure of the quality and fitment of those helmets.
|
4/1/2016 3:53am Edited Date/Time 4/1/2016 3:53am
When a company doesn't treat me well, the first thing I do is go away.

I think you should do the same.

Now days it isn't that hard to send a helmet to the other side of the world.
Motofinne
4/1/2016 3:58am
thepelican wrote:
When a company doesn't treat me well, the first thing I do is go away. I think you should do the same. Now days it isn't...

Yeah well the thing is head safety is so important and i feel like the Moto 9 Flex would be the optimal helmet for me. It just sucks that Bell is incapable of delivering a helmet model to Europe in a smooth way one year after the release.
PEPE001
4/1/2016 4:52am
Bell does have a trade mark issue in europe.
It was allways like this.

If you need it order from areseller like BTO, RockyMountain, or others.
Will work

The Shop

Motofinne
4/1/2016 5:01am Edited Date/Time 4/1/2016 5:03am
I'm not going to buy from USA since the taxes and toll would be around 200€. It would be as expensive as a Moto 9 Flex from Europe.
JackLHyde
4/1/2016 5:07am
Motofinne wrote:
I'm not going to buy from USA since the taxes and toll would be around 200€. It would be as expensive as a Moto 9 Flex...
I'm not going to buy from USA since the taxes and toll would be around 200€. It would be as expensive as a Moto 9 Flex from Europe.
So you're investing the same in the end, but opt to wait?
Motofinne
4/1/2016 5:31am
PEPE001 wrote:
Bell does have a trade mark issue in europe. It was allways like this. If you need it order from areseller like BTO, RockyMountain, or others...
Bell does have a trade mark issue in europe.
It was allways like this.

If you need it order from areseller like BTO, RockyMountain, or others.
Will work
Any idea what kind of trade mark issue?
PEPE001
4/1/2016 5:35am
Bell doesnt have the trade mark Bell in europe.
the trade mark Bell is held by an italian company and thats mainly the issue.

I am from Germany and using Bell since more than 20years, if i needed something i ordered it from a US reseller.

Works fine shipping is usually within 2 weeks.

And wtih Snell and DOD beeing accepted in Europe you are ok.
mxbrian15
4/1/2016 6:00am
You do understand that this is what can happen with a new release, correct? Especially when there was a huge port strike not that long ago that was inhibiting many manufacturer's from shipping their products in a timely fashion. I'm in America and it took me over 4 months to get my Moto 9 Flex. The supply and demand for these was through the roof (considering the struggles the manufacturer's (Bell) were having at the ports), and still is.

Have you tried ordering straight from Bell's website?
hillbilly
4/1/2016 6:36am
Motofinne wrote:
I can't understand how a huge helmet company like Bell can have such a shitty presence in Europe. I ordered the Tagger designs Flex helmet from...
I can't understand how a huge helmet company like Bell can have such a shitty presence in Europe.

I ordered the Tagger designs Flex helmet from a Finnish dealer and they were supposed to arrive 15.3 but got delayed to 31.3 and now i got a email from my dealer that they will arrive in late May.

The dealer said to me that the importer of Bell to Europe said this to them when they were wondering about when the Flex helmets would arrive to Finland "Hi its a shit show from BELL they are so late end of May will it be here. Im so sorry for this"

And this is not the first time that Bell are struggling in Europe. It took ages for them to start selling the original Moto 9 when it got released.

The dealer offered to me that i could cancel the order but i don't know if i should do that. I really like how the Moto 9 feels on my head. I could change the Flex order to an 6D helmet but i have never tried one so i'm a bit unsure of the quality and fitment of those helmets.
Better get 2,one for jogging.
potatoflake
4/1/2016 7:05am
thepelican wrote:
When a company doesn't treat me well, the first thing I do is go away. I think you should do the same. Now days it isn't...

Motofinne wrote:
Yeah well the thing is head safety is so important and i feel like the Moto 9 Flex would be the optimal helmet for me. It...
Yeah well the thing is head safety is so important and i feel like the Moto 9 Flex would be the optimal helmet for me. It just sucks that Bell is incapable of delivering a helmet model to Europe in a smooth way one year after the release.
If you want the safest helmet go with a 6D
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
4/1/2016 7:17am
Yep, a lot of dealers here doesn't have it in stock and are still waiting for it to come.
4/1/2016 7:29am
Last year in august I bought a Bell Moto 9 Solid white. They ordered it on Thursday and I picked it up on Saturday... So I don't know if something has changed since then or maybe my dealer didn't order at the importer but got it elsewhere. Just for you info: I live in Europe, Netherlands.
Motofinne
4/1/2016 1:31pm
Last year in august I bought a Bell Moto 9 Solid white. They ordered it on Thursday and I picked it up on Saturday... So I...
Last year in august I bought a Bell Moto 9 Solid white. They ordered it on Thursday and I picked it up on Saturday... So I don't know if something has changed since then or maybe my dealer didn't order at the importer but got it elsewhere. Just for you info: I live in Europe, Netherlands.
Yeah but that is the normal Moto 9, they are easy to get in Europe but the Moto 9 Flex is almost impossible to get. I think that Dirtbikebitz had one batch of them but they are all sold out now.
4/1/2016 6:53pm
Does troy lee import there? their new se4 seems to be of very high quality
bgpn35
4/1/2016 7:37pm
I preordered the McGrath replica the other day since it was supposed to ship by April 20th from bto. I was just messing around looking at helmets and found another helmet on revzilla that's the moto9 flex factory LE that was very nice. I contacted bto yesterday to see if they could have that helmet sooner, I got a email today from Eric saying they didn't pre order it so they wouldn't ever get that one and the McGrath replica was pushed back till mid May. I ended up going with the striped flex and he made it easy with more off even after the pulp code so I am very happy! Bto is great!
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
4/1/2016 9:07pm
I also had pre ordered the new MC replica Bell Flex and got an email today from BTO saying delivery would be delayed until May. Sounds like Bell had some hang up in production or distribution so it's not just Europe.
Motofinne
4/1/2016 11:19pm
731chopper wrote:
I also had pre ordered the new MC replica Bell Flex and got an email today from BTO saying delivery would be delayed until May. Sounds...
I also had pre ordered the new MC replica Bell Flex and got an email today from BTO saying delivery would be delayed until May. Sounds like Bell had some hang up in production or distribution so it's not just Europe.
Hmm, this is starting to make sense now. I guess they have had problems with the production or distribution of the latest batch like you mentioned.
Fearo
4/2/2016 12:23am
Production issues or not, that is a huge mistake on Bell's part. I was looking at buying a moto-9 flex and saw the orginal ETA on Dirtbikebitz (huge UK shop) was november 30th 2015. Now we're talking late may, that's 6 months later. Imagine how many moto-9 flex's could have been sold in Europe in a 6 month time span?

Anyway, I've decided I will buy a 6D. Not just because of the unavailability of the Bell, but after doing some research, I'm convinced the ODS system is safer than liner-layering.
Prntscrn
4/2/2016 12:29am
I'd go try a few different brands and see if there is another one that actually fits well. But never buy a helmet you haven't tried on, so I wouldn't just order another one.

Jimmy_Sloan
4/2/2016 1:49am
Motofinne wrote:
I can't understand how a huge helmet company like Bell can have such a shitty presence in Europe. I ordered the Tagger designs Flex helmet from...

Move to America.
4/2/2016 3:04am
I know of two dealers close to me, that sell the Flex versions. One in Denmark and one in Germany, so it can't be a Europe wide problem.

Post a reply to: Bell Helmets shitty presence in EU

The Latest