Believe the hype - Alessi 3rd fastest

Related:
Create New Tag

1/8/2011 4:54 PM

In the 2nd "B" practice. He might be making mains if he keeps this up!

|

1/8/2011 5:10 PM

I think his brother is faster.

|

1/8/2011 6:27 PM

I'm kind of with MXA - "Will the real Mike Alessi please come back?"

Although he never has been that great at SX in the past anyway.

|

1/8/2011 6:33 PM

i cant believe you look at mxa. tisk tisk.

|

1/8/2011 6:35 PM

sbarrington314 wrote:

i cant believe you look at mxa. tisk tisk.

I was bored in a hotel one night...

|

1/8/2011 6:37 PM

I kinda feel sorry for the kid. He will always be known as the hype that never was. Not the legacy he wanted to leave i'm sure.

|

1/8/2011 6:41 PM

It's crazy how everyone acts like theres something wrong with Alessi. Face the facts -- that 350 is not meant to be racing in the 450 class. Even Shorty qualified worse than he ever has.

|

1/8/2011 6:45 PM

Rewindcaz wrote:

It's crazy how everyone acts like theres something wrong with Alessi. Face the facts -- that 350 is not meant to be racing in the 450 class. Even Shorty qualified worse than he ever has.

I can't buy that in SX. There were plenty of times last year when guys were going as fast on 250s as the 450s were. If anything, Alessi should benefit from the softer hit indoors because he's not exactly one of the smoothest, most controlled guys in the world.

|

1/8/2011 6:48 PM

Rewindcaz wrote:

mikey didnt do any better on a factory zook in sx.
|

1/8/2011 6:57 PM

Rewindcaz wrote:

sbarrington314 wrote:

So really, Mikey's got even less chance outdoors on the 350 then.

Better off on a 2 stroke, at least the power characteristics are different, giving advantage in some areas. The 350 is just the same as a 450, but slower in all areas.

|

1/10/2011 10:35 AM

He was riding good! I thought for sure he would break into the top 2 in the B practice. 3rd isnt bad though. Keep up the good work Mike!

|

1/10/2011 10:38 AM

One fastest lap does not constitute a whole main. Mike has had a lot of personal problems the past 2 years, if he can clear them all out of his head and focus on racing he will be back. He's young, fit and perfectly able to pull this off.

|

1/10/2011 10:38 AM

Lots of haters after only one race... Typical Vital...Ha

|

1/10/2011 10:41 AM

alessi looked like he was struggling to me. first race jitters coupled with the fact that he isn't the best sx rider anyway... i think he did just fine.

he will figure it out, he's a great rider

|

1/10/2011 10:48 AM

lafawnduh wrote:

I'm not hating, I'm giving him praise!

I was pleasantly surprised he made the main AND wasn't last !

|

1/10/2011 10:52 AM

Yeah, he would do better on a 2-stroke - seriously (him and Short).

|

1/10/2011 10:54 AM

He has never looked the same after leaving Suzuki. When he was on that RMZ he even held off Reed for a few laps if I remember correctly, not to mention countless holeshots.
Is it a Coincidence that he is just not riding as well as before? or.......

|

1/10/2011 10:58 AM

lafawnduh wrote:

Nealio wrote:

I'm not hating, I'm giving him praise!

I was pleasantly surprised he made the main AND wasn't last !

Awesome battle with his brother as well in the heat race for 9th! They went back and forth a few times and Jeff only had Mike covered in the whoops. That was the only difference. It was probably good that Jeff messed up on the stepup before the whoops because if Mike had been passed in the whoops again he would have faced some stiff comp with NYK and Canard for the 2 transfer spots in the LCQ.

|

1/10/2011 11:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2011 11:02 AM

I have no problem w/ the 350F but in the case of #800, Roger Decoster as KTM Team Manager, should force MA to race the 450. KTM needs to sell 450s as well and I think it's abundantly clear that this particular rider would be faster on the 450.

I wish the kid luck.

|

2013 KTM 250SX on Ohlins, 314cc built stroker engine with 56 very smooth and easy to ride rwhp.

1/10/2011 11:05 AM

Suns_PSD wrote:

I have no problem w/ the 350F but in the case of #800, Roger Decoster as KTM Team Manager, should force MA to race the 450. KTM needs to sell 450s as well and I think it's abundantly clear that this particular rider would be faster on the 450.

I wish the kid luck.

LOL "abundantly clear". Have you ever watched Mike Alessi race supercross????

|

1/10/2011 11:06 AM

Can any of you guys make the Main in supercross

|

1/10/2011 11:14 AM

Nealio wrote:

LOL "abundantly clear". Have you ever watched Mike Alessi race supercross????

I have and he previously usually got the holeshot which was a huge part of his overall results.

Get it now?

|

2013 KTM 250SX on Ohlins, 314cc built stroker engine with 56 very smooth and easy to ride rwhp.

1/10/2011 11:21 AM

R-acer wrote:

He has never looked the same after leaving Suzuki. When he was on that RMZ he even held off Reed for a few laps if I remember correctly, not to mention countless holeshots.

I was at the Freestone race when Mikey was still on Yellow, and he was hauling ass on that bike. Checked out, CYA, adios.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

1/10/2011 11:25 AM

R-acer wrote:

Racer92 wrote:

I was at the Freestone race when Mikey was still on Yellow, and he was hauling ass on that bike. Checked out, CYA, adios.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Is he goonriding in those pics?

|

1/10/2011 11:33 AM

BikeGraphixKC wrote:

Can any of you guys make the Main in supercross

Can Mitch Payton, Roger DeCoster, or Cole Gibbs????

|

1/10/2011 11:34 AM

SMITH201 wrote:

Is he goonriding in those pics?

Yeah,, sure, thats what it is. [LINK TO IMAGE]

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

1/10/2011 11:58 AM

I give Mike a lot of credit for making a tremendous shift in his personality, and managing himself better on camera and off. He has grown up can win races. I think he's an outdoor guy but as the SX injury flu spreads as the season goes on, who knows, he may win one of these too.

|

1/10/2011 11:58 AM

well mike is at least out there and trying his hardest racing the fastest racers in the world...kinda like you cocksuckers trying to suck harder last night.

and he didn't chicken out like the world champion....sheesh.

|

1/10/2011 12:27 PM

Rewindcaz wrote:

sbarrington314 wrote:

He did podium an SX race on that zook.

|

1/10/2011 12:33 PM

I don't know what the smack talk is all about.... Alessi did decent at A1

1. Ryan Villopoto
2. Ryan Dungey
3. James Stewart
4. Trey Canard
5. Chad Reed
6. Kevin Windham
7. Ivan Tedesco
8. Brett Metcalfe
9. Joshua Grant
10. Andrew Short
11. Kyle Chisholm
12. Nick Wey
13. Kyle Regal
14. Mike Alessi
15. Jason Thomas
16. Justin Brayton
17. Chris Blose
18. Matt Boni
19. Davi Millsaps
20. Tommy Hahn

There is no slouch's on this list... He is not a great SX rider, It was his first AMA SX since 09. I don't know where everyone expected him to finish? I think crackin the top 10 will be difficult for Alessi this year (even on a roket ship).

As far as the 350 goes, he almost holeshotted the main. I think the 350 has plenty of power for 99% of the track, there may be the occasional obstacle that is difficult to complete on an underpowered bike (but in all honesty MA probably wouldn't have the skill do that section on a 450). If you look at times the fast 250 riders had lap times superior to the bottom half of the 450 class; proving in SX skill is more important than power.

IMO save the underpowered argument for May when they move outdoors.

|

Relax this is suppose to be fun...