Belgian Championship 2015 - Kester Results & Pictures (retro bikes pics incl.)

Edited Date/Time 6/8/2015 11:29am
Whats up guys. So today there was a round of the Belgian championship at the Kester circuit. At some point this track was used for GP's i believe in the 90's and early 2000's. It's a pretty awesome track with lots of elevation changes. There was also some classes that featured older legend riders and they all came out with oldschool bikes and gear which was really cool.

For the Pro class quite a few GP stars showed up and there was good racing. Here's the overal results of the day:

1 Christophe Charlier
2 Ken de Dijcker
3 David Philippaerts
4 Jordi Tixier
5 Pauls Jonass
6 Kevin Strijbos

View of the track that featured allot of elevation changes.

Tyla Rattray showed up with the KRT team, didn't have the best result.. Strongest finish was 6th place in the 1st moto.

Christophe Charlier was the most consistent rider today taking 2 - 7 - 2 results to win the overal! (Belgian series run 3 moto format)

Joel Smets showed up on his old husaberg machine for the oldschool riders race! For the people who don't know him he is a 5 times world champion. He got most of his titles in the what was known as 500cc category. He is also rocking his Team Belgium MXoN jersey which i believe they rode with at MXoN Nismes, Belgium 1997.

UK Legend Mark Eastwood showed up and was racing hard. He's an EX-GP rider.

Oldschool suzuki bike, check out the helmet!

Oldschool Maico bike (?) this stuff is from before my time. I am love-ing whatever that is on the front forks of the bike though!

Oldschool boss dude riding away in the distance... Love this shot.

Sorry for the mix of random pictures, i tried to share some of the better ones since this was the first time ever we went out shooting. All the pictures are made by the http://www.MotocrossRacingOnline.com media team.. Our website will launch sometime in the future. Hope you guys enjoyed Laughing

Feel free to give some specs about the retro bikes seen. My earlyest bikes i remember is stuff from around 1993-1995...
|
ledger
6/7/2015 3:05pm
Great photos !! Maico #6 is a standout awesome pic, Ahh, the glory days of mx !! Are you referring to the black FORK BOOTS on the Maico ?
jarvinator
6/7/2015 3:53pm
GOOG stuff, thanks for posting. Definitely look like a good time there!

The Shop

Sidecar
6/7/2015 10:22pm
That picture of Joel Smets is awesome.
He was my hero and I spent 6 years racing Husabergs getting the odd factory part trickled out through the UK importer, WP shock, carbon fibre seat, SPES exhaust etc. I restored an early Berg 4 or 5 years ago and even though I now race sidecarcross if I fancy a roll out on a solo the Berg sits in the corner of my workshop ready to roll.
Had I know Smets was racing I might have driven over to Belgium just to watch that!!!

6/8/2015 12:33am
That looks like a great event, would've loved to have seen Joel riding.
mpy
6/8/2015 12:46am
Very cool! Any more of these races with the old school bikes planned?
jamma10
6/8/2015 2:24am
Love Kester. Proper Motocross track.
6/8/2015 2:51am
Joel Smets was my childhood hero, I still have one of his old 1999 Wind jerseys hanging on the wall. Loved how hard he rode that big heavy Husaberg back then

6/8/2015 3:03am
Thanks for the replies guys! Was for sure an fun event. Lots of Smets fans around here Woohoo
Here's 2 extra pictures of him:

Sidecar
6/8/2015 4:49am
Joel Smets was my childhood hero, I still have one of his old 1999 Wind jerseys hanging on the wall. Loved how hard he rode that...
Joel Smets was my childhood hero, I still have one of his old 1999 Wind jerseys hanging on the wall. Loved how hard he rode that big heavy Husaberg back then

Those Husabergs were not heavy?
Especially the Smets bikes with all the carbon fibre bodywork, seat base etc....
The shirts awesome, iv got one somewhere.
6/8/2015 5:00am
Joel Smets was my childhood hero, I still have one of his old 1999 Wind jerseys hanging on the wall. Loved how hard he rode that...

Sidecar wrote:
Those Husabergs were not heavy?
Especially the Smets bikes with all the carbon fibre bodywork, seat base etc....
The shirts awesome, iv got one somewhere.
I remember my dads 98 being quite heavy, but I was 9 back then Tongue
DeStouwer
6/8/2015 5:33am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2015 5:33am

This jersey was from 1998, the '99 one had more blue in it, for all it matters

Post a reply to: Belgian Championship 2015 - Kester Results & Pictures (retro bikes pics incl.)

The Latest