Beaumont OHV Park

bradmx421
Edited Date/Time 12/29/2012 9:33am
....how many of you seen this in this weeks Racerhead.

this would be sooooo epic if it went down. right now they are writing tickets daily on this land. which i personally believe is the best riding spot in the entire world.

Here's Ping:
If you live and ride in Southern California, you may want to know that the state is considering several options for an OHV park. One of them is a desolate piece of land east of the Salton Sea. Anyone going that far is going to keep driving to Glamis or Ocotillo Wells. The second area is a section of land we know as the Beaumont Hills. Obviously, the land out in the middle of nowhere is cheaper and easier for the state, and that is what they will do with the money set aside for this OHV park UNLESS they hear from people. If you are one of those folks who gets involved and wants to see Beaumont opened up for public use, click on one of these links and let them know:

Here is the link to the OHV Commissioner’s email addresses. It is on the Riverside County Parks site.

These people are appointed by the County Supervisor in their district. The current chairman is Ryan Stendell.The board of Supervisors can be reached here.
|
Hando
4/1/2012 10:49am
didnt this place used to be legal to ride at one point??
bradmx421
4/1/2012 10:59am
no, they just didnt enfore it until the last couple of years. it has been illegal to ride anywhere in Riverside County except tracks for as long as i can remember.

in the last couple years they have put a major crackdown there due to morons showing up on quads and not riding with helmets. the cops are all pretty cool.....they wont chase you but they will camp out at your truck and wait for you to come back. i have only recieved a ticket once(it helps that we work on their bikes). the one time i got a ticket we were in a group of 10 riders.....and they gave a ticket to the first guy to show up back where our trucks were hidden in the canyons. we rolled up shortly after and the cops didnt hassle us, just told us to pack it up and go home and that our buddy got a $100 ticket. so we all just chipped in $10 each to the guy who recieved the ticket. it was $10 well spent that i would pay any day of the week to ride these beautiful hills(especially right now since we got fresh rain last night)

the closest it has ever been to being legal was when De Anza Raceway was still open and you could take off trail riding from the tracks.
kwebster447
4/1/2012 1:07pm
I'm writing a letter now. We all need to take some time and make this happen. Beaumont is a dream destination for motocrossers. Maybe GuyB can make this a sticky? It's that important.

The Shop

Torco1
4/1/2012 1:11pm
Beaumont is one of the greatest riding areas in the world......especially after it's rained.
bradmx421
4/1/2012 1:44pm
I'm writing a letter now. We all need to take some time and make this happen. Beaumont is a dream destination for motocrossers. Maybe GuyB can...
I'm writing a letter now. We all need to take some time and make this happen. Beaumont is a dream destination for motocrossers. Maybe GuyB can make this a sticky? It's that important.
x2 on the STICKY...

ive ridden here my entire life, when i was 7 my family moved from OC to Moreno Valley so we could be closer to all the tracks. when money was tight this is where i went to practice every day, we made natural terrain outdoor tracks all the time. the place is so beyond amazing its hard to describe it with words
slowvet
4/1/2012 4:38pm
It'll be a barren dust bowl void of any vegetation in short order if they turn it into a ohv park. Won't happen is my guess.
Hando
4/1/2012 4:40pm
ive been watching the place in vids and pics for like 10 years..i went there once and walked it and thought it was awesome.

it looks awfully epic after a nice rain
Sherwood
4/1/2012 4:47pm
slowvet wrote:
It'll be a barren dust bowl void of any vegetation in short order if they turn it into a ohv park. Won't happen is my guess.
Are you being serious?

Please tell me you don't believe something that dumb.
slowvet
4/1/2012 4:55pm
slowvet wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
Are you being serious?

You don't think after a zillion quads/buggies/bikes decide to cut their own trail year round would have no significant damage? Are you being serious? Time will tell.
kwebster447
4/1/2012 5:17pm
slowvet wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
Are you being serious?

slowvet wrote:
You don't think after a zillion quads/buggies/bikes decide to cut their own trail year round would have no significant damage? Are you being serious? Time will...
You don't think after a zillion quads/buggies/bikes decide to cut their own trail year round would have no significant damage? Are you being serious? Time will tell.
Not if its properly managed. I've been to plenty of OHV parks that are not dust bowls.
Sherwood
4/1/2012 5:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2012 5:24pm
slowvet wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
Are you being serious?

slowvet wrote:
You don't think after a zillion quads/buggies/bikes decide to cut their own trail year round would have no significant damage? Are you being serious? Time will...
We don't have dust bowls/desert because cavemen had quads. You might see some change but it won't be that extreme. That and it will be managed properly to prevent people from being dicks.
tp4
4/1/2012 5:49pm
that would be good all around!
hope for the best.
fcr
4/1/2012 5:52pm
slowvet wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
Are you being serious?

slowvet wrote:
Since the number of places to ride are limited, it is totally possible that it will get that way. I hope it happens(OHV park), there isn't one legal place to ride in OC. Either private land or Dual Sport, this would get heavy use from OC.
jasonv43
4/2/2012 11:07am
What is the acreage of Beaumont?
bradmx421
4/2/2012 11:22am
those of you saying it will turn into a dustbowl, obviously havent ridden there. this terrain is not quad friendly. all the better trails are all singletrack that q quad could never ride in. yes they already have fireroads throughout this terrain so quads would go there and ride around the bases.

during the summer the place is hardpack like concrete and hardly anyone goes out there, but if its cool and there has been some nice rains....no other place in the world can compare. especially when its all green there.
bartoner
4/2/2012 12:03pm
I created an online petition that we can all sign and I will send it to the appropriate authorities. Lets make this happen!__________ [url=http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/beaumonthillsohv/]Online petition for...
I created an online petition that we can all sign and I will send it to the appropriate authorities. Lets make this happen!__________ Online petition for Beaumont Hills OHV Park
Signed....
jasonv43
4/2/2012 12:12pm
I created an online petition that we can all sign and I will send it to the appropriate authorities. Lets make this happen!__________ [url=http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/beaumonthillsohv/]Online petition for...
I created an online petition that we can all sign and I will send it to the appropriate authorities. Lets make this happen!__________ Online petition for Beaumont Hills OHV Park
bartoner wrote:
Signed....
Done!!!
bradmx421
4/2/2012 12:17pm
keep the signings coming.....

....you dont have to live in california to want to ride here. when you canadians come to so cal to ride the tracks its another place to hit up. they might even build a track(they once did, called 3rd gear pinned in beaumont). lets do whatever we can to make this happen
Torco1
4/2/2012 12:23pm
bradmx421 wrote:
keep the signings coming..... ....you dont have to live in california to want to ride here. when you canadians come to so cal to ride the...
keep the signings coming.....

....you dont have to live in california to want to ride here. when you canadians come to so cal to ride the tracks its another place to hit up. they might even build a track(they once did, called 3rd gear pinned in beaumont). lets do whatever we can to make this happen
Holy crap......I forgot all about the 3rd Gear Pinned track.
bradmx421
4/2/2012 12:37pm
Torco1 wrote:
Holy crap......I forgot all about the 3rd Gear Pinned track.
i dont think it was even open very long, i only rode it when it closed and they just left the track there.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/2/2012 2:07pm
Guys, I had a good email conversation with the chairman of that OHV commission this morning. It really opened my eyes to the ridiculous amount of legal BS that a municipality has to wade through in order to get anything done. In short, they have to front a ton of money and then hope that some eco-organization doesn't shut them down, even though the money is already spent. It's pretty tough and in the commissioner's opinion, it will never happen in the DeAnza area. (He's a moto head, by the way, and would love nothing more.)

The commissioner did mention that emails, petitions and phone calls are great, but that attendance in-person at the semi-monthly commission meetings would go a long way. I asked him for a schedule and he said he'll get it to me. (It is also posted on the website, according to him.) I'll post that up when I see it.
He thinks we might do better by opening another park in a different location so we can prove that there will be attendance and a need. Personally, I'm all for more riding areas, no matter where they are.
kwebster447
4/2/2012 3:20pm
Alright, now we are starting to gain some traction! There is certainly a lot of red tape that goes into getting something like this done, but all we can do is show them that there is overwhelming support.

Post a reply to: Beaumont OHV Park

The Latest