Beat it with your base building crap.

Nesc39
Edited Date/Time 9/13/2020 11:37pm
I’ve heard geeks like Matthes say that you need to build a base....months and months of building it. If you even miss like 2 weeks of riding your screwed, base is gone and your basically starting from scratch. The next time you ride your gonna be on training wheels. You need bases built on bases, doubled up by boot camps.

I hear riders use the excuse for their entire career. Every season it’s the same story. “I just need to build my base up blah blah”. No your just not committed enough and you don’t wanna do the work, you wanna do it half ass.

Thank you Ty Masterpool. Thank you for coming off the couch after having a broken leg for 5months, only doing 5 practice motos and then setting a top 3 practice lap, holeshoting your first race back and pulling an 8 second gsp on the guy leading the title.

Thanks for setting the fastest lap of the race and then holeshoting and setting the second fastest Lap AGAIN the second moto back.

Thanks Ty, for showing everyone else they are just a pussy. You only raced pro one season and don’t even race sx. Guys like entickcrap have like 55 seasons under them and he’s already talking about building his base for 2021.😂I can’t even take it😂. Let me check my crystal ball for next year, yup there you are Adam, dead tired, rolling around the jumps in 19th like every race of your life over 10minutes.

As far as me? I’m fat, ugly, have a little dick, I’m poor, never rode in my life, tried to go pro but sucked, I’m lazy, stupid, don’t know anything about motocross and NEVER could do 1/2 of what these guys could. I also don’t call myself a professional racer. Your welcome, I just saved everyone a lot of typing.
|
Lightning78
9/13/2020 10:50am
I approve of this message....a little crass but well said
yz133rider
9/13/2020 10:52am
Nesc39 wrote:
I’ve heard geeks like Matthes say that you need to build a base....months and months of building it. If you even miss like 2 weeks of...
I’ve heard geeks like Matthes say that you need to build a base....months and months of building it. If you even miss like 2 weeks of riding your screwed, base is gone and your basically starting from scratch. The next time you ride your gonna be on training wheels. You need bases built on bases, doubled up by boot camps.

I hear riders use the excuse for their entire career. Every season it’s the same story. “I just need to build my base up blah blah”. No your just not committed enough and you don’t wanna do the work, you wanna do it half ass.

Thank you Ty Masterpool. Thank you for coming off the couch after having a broken leg for 5months, only doing 5 practice motos and then setting a top 3 practice lap, holeshoting your first race back and pulling an 8 second gsp on the guy leading the title.

Thanks for setting the fastest lap of the race and then holeshoting and setting the second fastest Lap AGAIN the second moto back.

Thanks Ty, for showing everyone else they are just a pussy. You only raced pro one season and don’t even race sx. Guys like entickcrap have like 55 seasons under them and he’s already talking about building his base for 2021.😂I can’t even take it😂. Let me check my crystal ball for next year, yup there you are Adam, dead tired, rolling around the jumps in 19th like every race of your life over 10minutes.

As far as me? I’m fat, ugly, have a little dick, I’m poor, never rode in my life, tried to go pro but sucked, I’m lazy, stupid, don’t know anything about motocross and NEVER could do 1/2 of what these guys could. I also don’t call myself a professional racer. Your welcome, I just saved everyone a lot of typing.
What could masterpool have done with a strong offseason and his base already built? Would he have holsehot the Moto and then won the Moto instead of fading off after halfway? Your one shining example is sort of flawed since he has faded after halfway hasn’t he?

Not to discredit masterpool as I was super impressed with his riding, but think he can and will do even better if he stays healthy and builds his so called base and momentum!!
Motoxdoc
9/13/2020 11:21am
Nesc39 wrote:
I’ve heard geeks like Matthes say that you need to build a base....months and months of building it. If you even miss like 2 weeks of...

The last paragraph explains the rest of your post.

The Shop

APLMAN99
9/13/2020 11:36am
Nesc39 wrote:

Brad460
Fantasy
736th
9/13/2020 12:11pm
I think RJ is another example...just off an ACL repair to winning motos...
wilh72
9/13/2020 2:39pm
I like the guys that always say how great their bike is they are riding, only to bash the shit out of it the following year on a different brand. it’s like how are we suppose to trust what they say when as soon as some money rolls their way they throw that bike or company under the buss.
TSCHAM101
9/13/2020 2:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2020 2:47pm
Y’all are silly... the “base” is required for long motos.. these guys wouldn’t even train if the motos were only 10mins because the race wouldn’t be long enough to matter..

The “base” builds up your heart, pushing more blood volume per pump which brings oxygen to the muscles..

That being said, it is hard to lose your “base” conditioning as long as your are mobile and getting your heart rate up somewhat.. now if on the couch and can’t do anything(Double broken legs) the science states it takes about 2 weeks for an elite level athlete to diminish.. read any strength and exercise book..

They don’t forget how to ride a bike, they just can’t ride hard for as long as they could have with a base.. Ricky Carmichael I believe would still qualify top 15 in moto or SX and he hasn’t raced or got in race shape in years even though he seems to be training now..

But also, if you don’t have the speed, conditioning doesn’t matter.. maybe the last half of the pack needs to do more sprints and less motos?
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
9/13/2020 2:51pm
Some humans excel at certain things more than others regardless of preparation. That’s how literally everything in life works.
plowboy
9/13/2020 4:30pm
I hate you, and you, and you. You...you're ok but don't piss me offSilly
9/13/2020 4:50pm
Brad460 wrote:
I think RJ is another example...just off an ACL repair to winning motos...
He’d been building a big base before that.
slipdog
9/13/2020 5:16pm
Masterpool has that hunger that makes a good rider great. Every rider that makes it to the bigs has it at some point but it's easy to lose. I call it hunger, some call it heart. Either way, Masterpool is looking like he didn't eat the entire 5 months he was off...
zehn
9/13/2020 5:26pm
look out guys Aldon has some serious competition now
TXDirt
9/13/2020 7:10pm
You need a “base” when it comes to fitness. I mean he’s been fading....

But when it comes to speed, It’s quite common to miss 1-3 months and actually come back faster.

It’s easy to underestimate how burned out these riders can get. Most of these guys have been eating and breathing moto since like 10 years old.

It’s like a super sharp knife that when it gets used over and over and over it starts to loose that edge.
Lurk Ing
9/13/2020 7:42pm
Masterpool didn't just get off the couch. He was doing some crazy training doing figure 8's and rut tracks for 30 minutes at a time, plus what ever else he was doing. Kid might be onto to something though.
js451
9/13/2020 8:15pm
Nesc39 wrote:

So your all for coming off the couch and having minimal training. Sounds like it’s you that doesn’t want to do the work and is attracted to the easy way out.
FIREfish148
9/13/2020 8:19pm
Ty is definitely a unique kid. I think he has that ability to just go out there and have an absolute blast riding his bike and that’s worth a lot. The only guy before him that I’ve seen be able to do it on that level was j-law. Pastrana also had that “fun is first priority” attitude as well, but he obviously had off the charts fun.
9/13/2020 9:28pm
He is not the only rider to have a few months off and do well. Reynard was off for months, raced a hot and muggy Millville and went 1-1, with a blown acl.
Nesc39
9/13/2020 9:38pm
yz133rider wrote:
What could masterpool have done with a strong offseason and his base already built? Would he have holsehot the Moto and then won the Moto instead...
What could masterpool have done with a strong offseason and his base already built? Would he have holsehot the Moto and then won the Moto instead of fading off after halfway? Your one shining example is sort of flawed since he has faded after halfway hasn’t he?

Not to discredit masterpool as I was super impressed with his riding, but think he can and will do even better if he stays healthy and builds his so called base and momentum!!
He rode 5 practice motos and almost won, can he get a break? Of course he’s gonna fade and of course he would be better with a “base” but does he need 6 months? Definitely not. If 5 practice motos gets him 20 min leading then what does 40 practice motos do? . Thats about 3 months of riding.

RJ as someone else pointed out, is another example and there are many more that I’ve yelled into the podcast about 😂 over the years.

I’m just tired of hearing excuses from these “professional” riders who show up every week and can’t finish a moto full speed, for years! How it that ok? Why are teams expected to provide a perfect bike and mechanics have to be flawless for a rider whos wasting everyone’s time because he’s tired and won’t admit it. It’s ridiculous and the fact that teams spend millions on riders and let them loose on their own, to train however they want is an abomination😂.

Seriously though, if was a team manager i would eliminate all the bullshit on day 1 with each rider being tested in a lab setting for endurance. Follow that up every 3 months and you’ll know who’s taking it serious and who’s lazy. if your numbers are stagnant or dropping, your getting fined by the team. If your numbers dont increase after 6 months your fired. Watch how fast “bases”get built.

If you told enticknapp he’s got 3 months to increase his fitness (tested in a lab) and If he does he gets 5000$, or he doesn’t and he’s off the team, what would happen. He would do it and I’m the process go from making 2 events a year to all of them.

Nesc39
9/13/2020 9:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2020 9:53pm
js451 wrote:
So your all for coming off the couch and having minimal training. Sounds like it’s you that doesn’t want to do the work and is attracted...
So your all for coming off the couch and having minimal training. Sounds like it’s you that doesn’t want to do the work and is attracted to the easy way out.
I’m not the one trying to be a professional rider. My point is that if you cant finish a moto strong after years of riding yet Ty can do it with 2.5 hours of practice. Your training is obviously a joke
PTshox
9/13/2020 10:04pm
I've been around the business block. Worked on many a deals worth lots of $. Frankly, when a man has the gumption to state what he has below... He should be listened to. Few "men" have this level of straight forwardness!

Nesc39
9/13/2020 10:10pm
zehn wrote:
look out guys Aldon has some serious competition now
Do you think aldon is doing something special? He gets his riders to train harder than they ever have and they push each other riding together at practice every moto. What do you expect would happen, they would go slower? You could take any rider at the National and make them significantly better by doubling their fitness.

For the 1-2 riders who trained harder before meeting aldon, they were made better by the simple fact that riding with someone else pushes you to the next level. It’s common sense.
js451
9/13/2020 11:37pm
Your posts are contradicting and have me confused but I like your energy!

I think the training a rider responds to is different for each rider. Someone like Musquin needs the baker program and routine to perform well. More creative types like pastrana May end up slower from over training

Post a reply to: Beat it with your base building crap.

The Latest