Be Proud, Erin Bates.

jmar
3/1/2010 10:31am
jmar wrote:
The person that pointed out the plugged muffler was Tim McAdams who is an AMA official, not a TV broadcast guy.
Rooster wrote:
Regardless he was obviously informed about the plugged muffler as he was trying to point it out to the mechanic and Ryan from a position where...
Regardless he was obviously informed about the plugged muffler as he was trying to point it out to the mechanic and Ryan from a position where he couldn't even see it.

Somebody was informing him through his headset and he relayed that information to the team.

Does that constitute outside assistance?
Somebody was informing him through his headset and he relayed that information to the team.

And you know this to be fact?
Tim has spent many years working for the Suzuki amateur program along with several years as a mechanic for the likes of Dungey and Alessi. There’s a very good chance that he saw the problem on his own.

What would it matter anyway. Everyone in the enire stadium saw the plugged muffler on the big screen.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
3/1/2010 10:32am
Trip wrote:
Now, for some of you guys who are bitching about Erin's performance, try setting up a camera, grab a toilet paper roll for a microphone, and...
Now, for some of you guys who are bitching about Erin's performance, try setting up a camera, grab a toilet paper roll for a microphone, and bust out something smooth and insightful in one take. Make it 15-20 seconds long. Then post if up on YouTube for a worldwide audience to see. I'd be curious to see how you do.

Thats the biggest cop out ever!!!! This reminds me of the 338 supporters who say you cant talk trash on him cause you cant ride as fast as he does. ( I'm all for J-Law, but I wont go there with it) WTF is that???
I'm not a professional on camera reporter like she is. This is her job, not mine. Her stumbling around words and trying to put sentances together on live TV is a joke.

So unless someone can do better at ones job, we are not allowed to give an opinion on anyones job??? Wowm kinda brings the message board to a grinding halt. That cant be good for business..

how do you feel about emig...
jmar
3/1/2010 10:32am

Tim has spent many years working for the Suzuki amateur program along with several years as a mechanic for the likes of Dungey and Alessi. There’s a very good chance that he saw the problem on his own.

What would it matter anyway. Everyone in the enire stadium saw the plugged muffler on the big screen.
TeamGreen
3/1/2010 10:35am
jmar wrote:
[i]Somebody was informing him through his headset and he relayed that information to the team. [/i] And you know this to be fact? Tim has spent...

Watch the replay...

The Shop

Trip
3/1/2010 10:38am
Trip wrote:
Now, for some of you guys who are bitching about Erin's performance, try setting up a camera, grab a toilet paper roll for a microphone, and...
Now, for some of you guys who are bitching about Erin's performance, try setting up a camera, grab a toilet paper roll for a microphone, and bust out something smooth and insightful in one take. Make it 15-20 seconds long. Then post if up on YouTube for a worldwide audience to see. I'd be curious to see how you do.

Thats the biggest cop out ever!!!! This reminds me of the 338 supporters who say you cant talk trash on him cause you cant ride as fast as he does. ( I'm all for J-Law, but I wont go there with it) WTF is that???
I'm not a professional on camera reporter like she is. This is her job, not mine. Her stumbling around words and trying to put sentances together on live TV is a joke.

So unless someone can do better at ones job, we are not allowed to give an opinion on anyones job??? Wowm kinda brings the message board to a grinding halt. That cant be good for business..

I like Emig, if he woulod just get the damn take out. He still stutters, he starts a conversation off going one way, then by the time he finishes, its a whole different topic.

I liked when Denny was doing the color. The guys on the internet feed do a great job. Ralph, Jeff, and Erin, well not so much..
TeamGreen
3/1/2010 10:45am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:06pm
Trip wrote:

Trip wrote:
I like Emig, if he woulod just get the damn take out. He still stutters, he starts a conversation off going one way, then by the...
I like Emig, if he woulod just get the damn take out. He still stutters, he starts a conversation off going one way, then by the time he finishes, its a whole different topic.

I liked when Denny was doing the color. The guys on the internet feed do a great job. Ralph, Jeff, and Erin, well not so much..
When it comes to Emig: You're being an ass.

(And I'm not takin' sides/don't really know the guy...Hell, and we're even talkin' about a guy that's thrown A LOT of Rooooost on me at Cahuilla and Ryno-Land. That no good fast sum-bitch!)

I can & sometimes "do" fault these folks along some of the same lines that you do; however, if we're gonna talk crap about someone's "impediment"...

Well, that's jus' F'd up.

I'm jus' sayin'...
Trip
3/1/2010 10:47am
Rupert X wrote:
Finally, you went up to the riders on the line and stuck your microphone in their helmets and got a pre-race sound bite from 'em. Good...

Finally, you went up to the riders on the line and stuck your microphone in their helmets

and got a pre-race sound bite from 'em. Good , sound journalism and genuine

informative entertainment for the fans.

During the race, you did your best, as you should, to keep the fans informed, with

real - time data acquisition - the best that you could.

You asked the questions - you didn't always get the answers.

You did what a real journalist is supposed to do. You're gonna take heat no matter what

you do, Tonight you did well. Real well. Earned your stripes.
Thats ok Steve, this place is what it is. You want to read some good things I have to say? Go check Pro Ride, or.. well you know the other place...

I know Gibby, you like everyone, everyone is great, don't really have a favorite.. Damn the same ol pc statements from you... I get it though, you can't piss off the guys who basically you make your living off of.

If you can't see Erin isn't cut out for this line of work, then fine. Just take a look at other sports and see how the pit reporters handle things...

There is a reason why Erin is still in mx and not NASCAR like Jamie and Krista are. Oh, and it's not for the "love of the sport."

TeamGreen
3/1/2010 10:49am
Rupert X wrote:
Finally, you went up to the riders on the line and stuck your microphone in their helmets and got a pre-race sound bite from 'em. Good...

Finally, you went up to the riders on the line and stuck your microphone in their helmets

During the race, you did your best, as you should, to keep the fans informed, with

You did what a real journalist is supposed to do. You're gonna take heat no matter what

Trip wrote:
Thats ok Steve, this place is what it is. You want to read some good things I have to say? Go check Pro Ride, or.. well...
Thats ok Steve, this place is what it is. You want to read some good things I have to say? Go check Pro Ride, or.. well you know the other place...

I know Gibby, you like everyone, everyone is great, don't really have a favorite.. Damn the same ol pc statements from you... I get it though, you can't piss off the guys who basically you make your living off of.

If you can't see Erin isn't cut out for this line of work, then fine. Just take a look at other sports and see how the pit reporters handle things...

There is a reason why Erin is still in mx and not NASCAR like Jamie and Krista are. Oh, and it's not for the "love of the sport."

Bwahahahahahahaha...

Yup. NASCAR. There's the Answer to all of our "ills".

You take it.

I'll keep our lil' "podunk" sport.

I'm jus' laffin'...
XBUTCHX
3/1/2010 10:52am
Trip wrote:
Thats ok Steve, this place is what it is. You want to read some good things I have to say? Go check Pro Ride, or.. well...

Well said!
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
3/1/2010 10:53am
Trip wrote:
I like Emig, if he woulod just get the damn take out. He still stutters, he starts a conversation off going one way, then by the...

TeamGreen wrote:
When it comes to Emig: You're being an ass. (And I'm not takin' sides/don't really know the guy...Hell, and we're even talkin' about a guy that's...

(And I'm not takin' sides/don't really know the guy...Hell, and we're even talkin' about a guy that's thrown A LOT of Rooooost on me at Cahuilla and Ryno-Land. That no good fast sum-bitch!)

I can & sometimes "do" fault these folks along some of the same lines that you do; however, if we're gonna talk crap about someone's "impediment"...

I'm jus' sayin'...
I actually agree with trip (it hurts me to say that) I just wanted to see if he saw Erin on the same level as Emig.

Green he has every right to talk crap on someones impdeiment. Emig is a professional speaker, if he has a speech impediment he probably shouldnt have a job as an announcer
Trip
3/1/2010 10:57am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:06pm

Someone asked and I gave an opinion... I didn't call him out..

Is it wrong to ask for a guy who talks for a living to be clear and not get lost in his words??

Stuttering John from the Howard Stern show has done pretty good in life with his impediment. Just saying a professional announcer should be held to a higher standard..

TeamGreen
3/1/2010 10:59am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:06pm
Trip wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
When it comes to Emig: You're being an ass. (And I'm not takin' sides/don't really know the guy...Hell, and we're even talkin' about a guy that's...

I'm jus' sayin'...
I actually agree with trip (it hurts me to say that) I just wanted to see if he saw Erin on the same level as Emig...
I actually agree with trip (it hurts me to say that) I just wanted to see if he saw Erin on the same level as Emig.

Green he has every right to talk crap on someones impdeiment. Emig is a professional speaker, if he has a speech impediment he probably shouldnt have a job as an announcer
F' that.

I LIKE THE FACT THAT HE'S IN THE BOOTH! Because of some of the things he's "over-come".

You guys want prefection?

Then go to it and make it happen.

"Yes", the coverage could be better; but, Where The F'k were you guys 20 to 30 years ago when the always referenced "NASCAR" was at this point?

We've got that beat all to hell.

Lighten up. This -IS- a growing and improving situation.

I'm jus' sayin'...
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
3/1/2010 11:01am
TeamGreen wrote:

I'm jus' sayin'...
I actually agree with trip (it hurts me to say that) I just wanted to see if he saw Erin on the same level as Emig...

TeamGreen wrote:
F' that. I LIKE THE FACT THAT HE'S IN THE BOOTH! Because of some of the things he's "over-come". You guys want prefection? Then go to...
F' that.

I LIKE THE FACT THAT HE'S IN THE BOOTH! Because of some of the things he's "over-come".

You guys want prefection?

Then go to it and make it happen.

"Yes", the coverage could be better; but, Where The F'k were you guys 20 to 30 years ago when the always referenced "NASCAR" was at this point?

We've got that beat all to hell.

Lighten up. This -IS- a growing and improving situation.

I'm jus' sayin'...
If I worked for Feld, CBS, or Speed and had some pull trust me, I would make it happen. But im just a fan that gets whatever this sports higher ups throw at us
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/1/2010 11:02am
Trip wrote:

You have good things to say? Really? Wink

Honestly, I don't spend much time on other boards. This one keeps me busy enough.

Actually, I generally do like everyone, unless they've given me a reason not to. Are there riders I'd prefer to talk to? Sure. K-Dub and Langston are probably two of the easiest interviews out there...really entertaining, and real pros at it. They'll usually talk for as long as you want to sit there and listen.

Chad's also really good now, which is 180 degrees from how he used to be.

James can also be a lot of fun to chat with when he's not in a hurry, or doing a media clamp-down.

As far as the racing? I really don't have a favorite, and the reason this season has been so much fun to cover is that you don't go to the races knowing in advance who's going to win. That's unusual. It's been really interesting to see who brings their A game on Saturdays.

If I remember right, you guys used to piss and moan about Krista when she was doing SX, but now that she's made it to NASCAR, she's okay? (And actually, from what I've seen of her, she seems much more comfortable there than she did at SX.)
TeamGreen
3/1/2010 11:07am
Trip wrote:

GuyB wrote:
You have good things to say? Really? ;) Honestly, I don't spend much time on other boards. This one keeps me busy enough. Actually, I generally...
You have good things to say? Really? Wink

Honestly, I don't spend much time on other boards. This one keeps me busy enough.

Actually, I generally do like everyone, unless they've given me a reason not to. Are there riders I'd prefer to talk to? Sure. K-Dub and Langston are probably two of the easiest interviews out there...really entertaining, and real pros at it. They'll usually talk for as long as you want to sit there and listen.

Chad's also really good now, which is 180 degrees from how he used to be.

James can also be a lot of fun to chat with when he's not in a hurry, or doing a media clamp-down.

As far as the racing? I really don't have a favorite, and the reason this season has been so much fun to cover is that you don't go to the races knowing in advance who's going to win. That's unusual. It's been really interesting to see who brings their A game on Saturdays.

If I remember right, you guys used to piss and moan about Krista when she was doing SX, but now that she's made it to NASCAR, she's okay? (And actually, from what I've seen of her, she seems much more comfortable there than she did at SX.)
C'mon Guy...

Why can't you jus' be a Bitter-Opininated-Ass-Hole like the rest of us?

Get on-board, Man!

This whole "Happiness" thing is for LOSERS!

Idiot!

I'm glad I don't know you.

People that are always smiling get on my nerves.

I gotta go.

There's some hatin' that needs ratifyin'...somewhere...
jbomx363
3/1/2010 11:10am
There is a reason Erin is still in SX, the other sports may not be clamoring to get her "talent" to their sport and steal her away from SX.

Sorry.. .no one is above critique, especially when they are in the public eye.

Her same questions on the podium is old. Heck, just watching the AX on tv and their podium guy.. he asks a couple of questions, then the obligatory one... "who would you like to thank?"

Maybe that would help, ask the riders a pertinent question or two (not the stupid one she asked to Millsaps either), then ask who they want to thank. Once the riders know they can thank their sponsors, they won't try and jam them in.

Krista was great to me.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/1/2010 11:15am
No doubt, I am a BOA on occasion. Maybe a little less so now that the ex is 1300 miles away. But I digress...

Mainly I try (and the key word is try) to treat everyone the same. Privateer or podium guy. Future champ, ex-champ, mid-pack, or never-was. You meet guys on the way up, and guys on the way down, just as I've worked my way up and down the ladder. And I've always tried to do that, whether it was covering BMX, mountain bikes, or MX/SX.
Holigan
3/1/2010 11:17am
I have had a hundreds of conversations about the race broadcasts with sponsors and potential sponsors, and I have never heard any negative comments about any of the annoucers. Are they really taking away from your enjoyment of watching the races?
Racer92
3/1/2010 11:17am
"whether it was covering BMX, mountain bikes, or MX/SX."

And sprint cars. Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/1/2010 11:20am
Well, sprint cars I did for fun, not as a profession. Smile
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
3/1/2010 11:23am
Holigan wrote:
I have had a hundreds of conversations about the race broadcasts with sponsors and potential sponsors, and I have never heard any negative comments about any...
I have had a hundreds of conversations about the race broadcasts with sponsors and potential sponsors, and I have never heard any negative comments about any of the annoucers. Are they really taking away from your enjoyment of watching the races?
yes
Trip
3/1/2010 11:42am
Holigan wrote:
I have had a hundreds of conversations about the race broadcasts with sponsors and potential sponsors, and I have never heard any negative comments about any...
Well yeah, it really does. I've watched it before with the sound off.

I wonder what these potential sponsors look at??? If I were looking to drop money into a show, I would look at all aspects, announcing staff included! The announcers are a major part of the show. Makes me wonder who is in charge of sponsoring things at these companies you speak of?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
3/1/2010 11:44am
Holigan wrote:
These are the same individuals who would bitch if they were hung with a new rope. No wonder Ralph, Jeff and Erin don't give two shits about anything people on this board say about them and/or their abilities.
TeamGreen
3/1/2010 11:53am
Holigan wrote:
Trip wrote:
Well yeah, it really does. I've watched it before with the sound off. I wonder what these potential sponsors look at??? If I were looking to...
Well yeah, it really does. I've watched it before with the sound off.

I wonder what these potential sponsors look at??? If I were looking to drop money into a show, I would look at all aspects, announcing staff included! The announcers are a major part of the show. Makes me wonder who is in charge of sponsoring things at these companies you speak of?
It would beinteresting know how much less money they have to spend for their ad's on SX versus the oft'refered NASCAR races, too.

Btw, ya might wanna try some Don Julio "Real"...or "1942".

Or, if ya really want the best Repasado for the money: Try Sauza Hornitos or Cazadores.

I love to rock the Montrose, Ol' Sammy, Van Hagar, the New Sammy and, the UNBELIEVABLE Chickenfoot and all that; but, the Tequila is..well...mediocre.

Hell, c'mon down to Daytona and we'll do some Tequila tastin' at the pier.

I'm jus' sayin'...
Flex42
3/1/2010 1:44pm
put Andrew short in the booth! Jeff Emig has to go.
GBO91
3/1/2010 3:02pm
IMO - Emig is great. He is honest, professional, gives insight and gets excited about the racing. What more do you want? (rhetorical) And he doesn't constantly use the "it's not how we did it back in my day" like Bailey did.

RC is as unprofessional as it gets. Yelling "oohhhhh" over the top of everyone every time someone comes up a little short gets old. He doesn't know when to NOT give broad generalizations about topics that could be defensive to some of the viewers. His opinion voiced about the Leatt brace was surprising Sat night. No matter how he felt, I didn't think he should have said what he did. (I don't own one) But, he is the GOAT so he gets a pass from everyone.

IMO, Erin does a nice job. She isn't perfect, but overall I think she fits the broadcast and the sport well. I like the consistency. I would rather have her being herself than someone like Christa, who was better, but would not be around for long. I don't like anyone being in there if I don't feel like they know anything about sx/mx.
XBUTCHX
3/1/2010 3:11pm
Emig does a good job. I think RC has done well also, for a part timer.
Ozy
3/1/2010 4:32pm
Rupert X wrote:

I'd like to be Mister Bates - that wouldn't suck
need love
3/1/2010 5:01pm
Dude that cross eyed chick came up to RV while he was watching his bike getting worked on and didn't want nothing to do with her, i'd of told her i feel great see ya in the hot tub, later babe...

Post a reply to: Be Proud, Erin Bates.

The Latest