Basher leaving MXA, joining JGR

tk2stroke
According to this weeks Racerhead, John Basher has left MXA and joined JGR in it's retail MX division. This is surprising as I always have heard Basher was being groomed to eventually take over the reigns when Jody retires.

I wonder if Basher's moving away from SoCal to N.C had some impact on all of this?
|
1stSSPZ
1/21/2017 3:42pm
Hard to imagine that it didn't. I would think that it would do most folks a reprieve to move from SoCal. Too bad, I will miss his columns and will look forward to someone replacing Mr. stuck on himself Wiesel.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
1/21/2017 3:45pm
Interesting. I doubt anyone could take the place of Jody (just like no one could take Super Hunkys place).
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
1/21/2017 3:51pm
This move was kinda shocking. But I totally understand him wanting to get his family out of so-cal. It's not what it once was.
sandman768
1/21/2017 3:52pm
I was beginning to enjoy Basher now that he was on the east coast, showing some love for the great Eastcoast tracks, shops ect. Before moving to the Eastcoast I was getting a little tired of the wife & kid references.

The Shop

BAMX
1/21/2017 3:59pm
This move was kinda shocking. But I totally understand him wanting to get his family out of so-cal. It's not what it once was.
So true and neither is the magazine industry.
Mr. Info
1/21/2017 4:21pm
This is not new news. It was just posted recently. Johns move east was for raising his family in an environment that he felt better about first and reporting and shooting photos for MXA. It was also easier to travel overseas. JGR came to John and it was not an easy choice and a direction but something he wanted to challenge himself which everyone feels maybe risky but support him and congratulate him on his new endeavors. Myself and everyone else will miss his reporting and photos but friendships never really end.
mooch
Fantasy
501st
1/21/2017 4:25pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2017 4:26pm
Best of luck to him! As mentioned above, the mag biz is hurting and this move probably seemed like the most secure thing to do. I hate to make this sound like a dig but... to me, Basher's article seemed a bit hum-drum when compared to the stuff written by Super Hunky, Jody or Tom Webb.
Skidaddle
1/21/2017 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2017 5:42pm
The only part of CA worth a shit is Nor Cal and thats barely because Nor Cal offers everything So Cal has plus way more.
Unless you love traffic, smog, and 2 hour drives to do a 20 minute drive.

ocscottie
1/21/2017 6:07pm
Here is the PR

JOHN BASHER JOINS JGRMX IN NEWLY APPOINTED RETAIL BRAND MANAGEMENT POSITION

Joe Gibbs Racing Motocross (JGRMX) is excited to welcome John Basher to the JGRMX retail division. As JGRMX Retail Brand Manager, Basher will be responsible for growing the brand through marketing, media, and sales initiatives. Other essential duties include strengthening relationships with valued partners and overseeing product development from concept to completion. John Basher joins the JGR family after a long tenure at
Motocross Action magazine, where he cut his teeth by immersing himself in the sport of motocross. As Managing Editor at MXA, Basher was involved in writing copy, shooting photos, testing bikes, and keeping the magazine competitive in an ever-changing digital environment. John moved to North Carolina in the summer of 2015 with a vision of providing a better life for his family.

That serendipitous decision ultimately led to an opportunity with JGRMX’s retail division.
“Being a part of JGRMX’s rich heritage and working with a group of like-minded impassioned
moto heads is a blessing. With unrestricted access to the sport’s preeminent engineers and
technicians, unmatched machining capabilities through the JGR NASCAR facility and my
background in product testing, I can’t wait to see what we come up with,” states John Basher.
“JGRMX products have been, and will continue to be the gold standard in racing.”
JGRMX is committed to motocross, evidenced by its long running professional AMA
Supercross and National race-winning team. The JGRMX retail division embodies that belief.
The fleet of engine and suspension experts can help get you to the checkered flag first. An
ever-growing line of hard parts have been battled tested in the most grueling conditions by the
team’s stable of 250 and 450 Class professional racers. From adjustable pull rods to carbon
fiber, titanium footpegs, team graphics, apparel and more, www.jgrmx.com is where serious
racers go to find factory-grade parts. Check back frequently for new products from JGRMX –
The Gold Standard in Racing
sandman768
1/21/2017 6:26pm
Mr. Info wrote:
This is not new news. It was just posted recently. Johns move east was for raising his family in an environment that he felt better about...
This is not new news. It was just posted recently. Johns move east was for raising his family in an environment that he felt better about first and reporting and shooting photos for MXA. It was also easier to travel overseas. JGR came to John and it was not an easy choice and a direction but something he wanted to challenge himself which everyone feels maybe risky but support him and congratulate him on his new endeavors. Myself and everyone else will miss his reporting and photos but friendships never really end.
Hi Jody.......
Mr. Info
1/21/2017 6:51pm
Skidaddle you on Crack? Really more to offer. Name something. And no it's not Jody. But they are both people I have talked to. I have sat in traffic in San Jose, Oakland, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Haward and Sacramento and Stockton. Not see the mountains for weeks cause of smudge pots. Lol
1/21/2017 11:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2017 12:23am
Marketing tip to Mr. Basher - lose the purple anodizing on the parts. Didn't work for the Yamaha and won't for Suzuki.

Also, come out with a hydro clutch like the one designed by Mr. Worley from SDI. I have asked SDI to make me one like the one on Davi's Suzuki, but have only received replies that they are not going to market with it. Guess my Canadian Tire money is no good
DL
1/21/2017 11:04pm
Wishing Basher the best with his new path!
1/21/2017 11:24pm
Actually this really isn't news about John leaving. He wrote about it in one of his "one photo one story" articles on the MXA website. It is dated January 4th. He didn't drop the JGR name but did say he had Jody's blessing. He also thanked Jody for all everything. It's amazing what Jody did for him.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page/one-photo-one-story-epitome-of-…

Post a reply to: Basher leaving MXA, joining JGR

The Latest