Bars or bar kit for CRF110 (adult or kid rider)

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2020 9:43 AM

Is there a bar or bar kit that can work for an adult but still decent for the kids?

I dont want to set them up for a high rise kit that doesnt feel right. If I HAD TO, i could ride w stock bars, but wondering if there is some in between setup that can work for both?

Otherwise, whats the best bar kit for adult only? Might wind up w 2 of these bikes if needed...

|

5/19/2020 4:51 PM

I went with the Renthal playbike bend. Got it at faster minis. Its a little taller and wider than the stock bars. Much more comfortable and I think it would work for the kids too.
Photo

|

5/19/2020 6:09 PM

The Odi Oneten bars are a pretty good fit

|

5/19/2020 6:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2020 6:30 PM

I think you have 3 options. I might be wrong on this but there are the xr 50 type ape hanger bars (pro tpaer makes these, renthal may too), I dont believe the mini bars listed above are quite as tall as the "ape hanger" bars. The last option is just regular 7/8" bars for a 50/65/110.

I personally run Renthal 784 bend bars. Which arent as tall but I had 2" risers I ran with them. Came down to my prefernce on looks and a a little more money.

Go to renthal and compare the bars they have vs oem specs. Pro taper may have something like this too on their website.

|

5/19/2020 7:51 PM

Mx286 wrote:

I went with the Renthal playbike bend. Got it at faster minis. Its a little taller and wider than the stock bars. Much more comfortable and I think it would work for the kids too.
Photo

Did these bars require any cables changes or anytying or mount right up?

|

5/19/2020 7:52 PM

mx 219 wrote:

I think you have 3 options. I might be wrong on this but there are the xr 50 type ape hanger bars (pro tpaer makes these, renthal may too), I dont believe the mini bars listed above are quite as tall as the "ape hanger" bars. The last option is just regular 7/8" bars for a 50/65/110.

I personally run Renthal 784 bend bars. Which arent as tall but I had 2" risers I ran with them. Came down to my prefernce on looks and a a little more money.

Go to renthal and compare the bars they have vs oem specs. Pro taper may have something like this too on their website.

That sounds good, run a decent bar w a riser. Ill look into what risers are out there. Did you run stock cables w that setup?

|

5/19/2020 7:58 PM

Pro Taper XR50 bars Photo

|

Two wheels, tacos, and tubes

5/19/2020 8:00 PM

Photo
|

5/20/2020 3:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2020 5:13 AM

mx 219 wrote:

Johndeere506 wrote:

That sounds good, run a decent bar w a riser. Ill look into what risers are out there. Did you run stock cables w that setup?

Yes stock cables. I believe you can run stock on my setup, or the pitbike bars, xr 50 bars is questionable but I think they can work with stock cables also.

Ran across both of these links and they share the information you will want.

Look at the 3rd image

https://www.faster-minis.com/products/renthal-handlebars?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwovuvLHC6QIVBo_ICh2H5wU5EAQYASABEgJoUfD_BwE

All Renthal Mini bars (50/65/110 and even 85's)
https://www.renthal.com/moto/mini-mx-7-8-quot

|

5/22/2020 4:56 AM

Mx286 wrote:

Photo

Johndeere506 wrote:

Did these bars require any cables changes or anytying or mount right up?

I’m using the stock cables. If you zoom in on the pic you’ll see where I rotated the throttle housing under the brake. Did that so the cable would stay free when turning left.

|