Barcia was phenomenal yesterday

Phil109
9/1/2020 1:06pm
That was very awesome to watch. Watched the second moto twice just because of that charge. Teams just need to sign his ass to one year performance bonus based contracts every year so we can see more of that from him Laughing
DonM
9/1/2020 1:15pm
And Yamaha kept Plessinger instead of Barcia...🤦🏼‍♂️
Let’s see how that works out for them.
Barcia's looking for a ride. He always rides well when he doesn't have a job next year. He never rides as well once he's got that...
Barcia's looking for a ride. He always rides well when he doesn't have a job next year. He never rides as well once he's got that contract signed.
He has a ride for next year...
beamer
9/1/2020 3:51pm
The blue (black?) pig was hooking up fo sho !
plowboy
9/1/2020 4:31pm
plowboy wrote:
Barcia is a lot like Hannah. You either love him or hate him. Dirty and mean or driven and uber competitive. I believe it's a little...
Barcia is a lot like Hannah. You either love him or hate him. Dirty and mean or driven and uber competitive. I believe it's a little of both...but either way...it gets you off your seat and screaming. That is kinda what we watch the races for...ain't it?
Momus wrote:
Are you a girl?
I thought I was but just to be sure....I asked my wife to confirm. She said, "Get that fucking thing out of my face". I'm pretty sure I'm not a girl.

The Shop

plowboy
9/1/2020 4:42pm
beamer wrote:
The blue (black?) pig was hooking up fo sho !
Just my opinion but when Justin "feels it" it doesn't matter what bike he's on. He is in total attack mode. No matter how the bike handles or reacts...he adapts on the fly. For those of you old enough to remember suspension with limited travel and even less adjustability...there was always someone that could ride faster and harder. They just made it work. Barcia does that when he wants to...I just wish it was more often.
RalphS
9/1/2020 6:58pm
According to the Weigand tale on Saturday's broadcast, Eli's people say he doesn't improve during races, so much as not fade as much as other riders...
According to the Weigand tale on Saturday's broadcast, Eli's people say he doesn't improve during races, so much as not fade as much as other riders. So... I guess, through that prizm, "beast mode" is not really a mode at all, and certainly not more "beastly" than other modes that may occur during the race.
RalphS wrote:
That makes some sense if we look at lap times and Eli's race management/approach, that being said beasts like him Barcia or Webb or as a...
That makes some sense if we look at lap times and Eli's race management/approach, that being said beasts like him Barcia or Webb or as a matter of fact any top elite that's feeling it and pushing can pull the fastest lap of the race at the very last lap.
Momus wrote:
Care to give some actual fastest on the last examples?
I didn't mean it as a fact, I think I've seen that twice in the last decade if at all. We rarely see the fastest (personal & race) lap past the half point of the race.
CPR
9/2/2020 4:46am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2020 4:57am
RalphS wrote:
That makes some sense if we look at lap times and Eli's race management/approach, that being said beasts like him Barcia or Webb or as a...
That makes some sense if we look at lap times and Eli's race management/approach, that being said beasts like him Barcia or Webb or as a matter of fact any top elite that's feeling it and pushing can pull the fastest lap of the race at the very last lap.
Momus wrote:
RalphS wrote:
I didn't mean it as a fact, I think I've seen that twice in the last decade if at all. We rarely see the fastest (personal...
I didn't mean it as a fact, I think I've seen that twice in the last decade if at all. We rarely see the fastest (personal & race) lap past the half point of the race.
Didn’t Musquin pull the fastest lap of the race on the last lap of moto 2 at Loretta’s just a week and a half ago ?
philG
9/2/2020 5:22am
The thing to take from this, not just Barcia, but any rider, is that making the statement 'on his day, he can beat anyone', only matters when that day is a saturday, any other day of the week you are just burning fuel.

Cooper Webb is the prime example, i lost count of the times in SX he was written off after qualifying, and then killed it in the race. He is missed from outdoors, cant help thinking hin and Kenny could have been at the front.
WowWowWubzy
9/2/2020 8:26am
According to the Weigand tale on Saturday's broadcast, Eli's people say he doesn't improve during races, so much as not fade as much as other riders...
According to the Weigand tale on Saturday's broadcast, Eli's people say he doesn't improve during races, so much as not fade as much as other riders. So... I guess, through that prizm, "beast mode" is not really a mode at all, and certainly not more "beastly" than other modes that may occur during the race.
Daytona ET3 went beast mode from what I can recall. Lower lap times later in the race.
Zycki11
9/2/2020 8:33am
These guys pace themselves. But they can pace themselves at a higher pace. But they are also in great enough shape that after 32inutes they can drop the hammer
peltier626
9/2/2020 8:55am
My son instantly became a Bam Bam fan after that one whip. He made me rewind it a couple times to rewatch.
dboivin
9/2/2020 10:27am
if you go thru history and look at these amazing rides....they are always in years where his contract is up. yes he may have had a ride lined up for next year when he made this blistering attack to the front lately.... he prepared for this season more than last. if you think differently, you're naive. he knows what its like to go without a ride and wanted to make sure not to make that mistake again.

last weekends ride was pretty god damn good....doesn't change the history of his past performances tho. he finally didn't try to park 10th place as he passed him for once and literally raced forward without playing games. thats always been his kryptonite.

saturdays ride reminded me of the euro yamaha rider a few years back that won title. (sorry forgot name).

p.s. i was seriously impressed with that moto saturday. he was on it...and it showed in his body language...having fun.
gt80rider
9/2/2020 10:31am
DonM wrote:
He has a ride for next year...
How long of a contract?? Can't wait to see him racing the last year of his upcoming contract, but then maybe not... the next one will probably be his last in the big leagues.... this year might be the last time we see him going fast...
Momus
9/2/2020 2:47pm
peltier626 wrote:
My son instantly became a Bam Bam fan after that one whip. He made me rewind it a couple times to rewatch.
Did you point out that in the next corner he stalled the bike and almost lost his position?
Johnny Ringo
9/2/2020 2:51pm
If Barcia only does good in contract years please explain 2017?

He does good when he’s comfy. And he is comfy
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1222nd
9/2/2020 3:32pm
Momus wrote:
Did you point out that in the next corner he stalled the bike and almost lost his position?
Did you notice how well he recovered from that mistake and went after Tomac and drop Cianciarulo while riding so freaking great?

I bet you don't make mistakes while riding, or how they say around here... Do you even ride bro? haha
Momus
9/2/2020 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2020 3:59pm
Momus wrote:
Pakoyz250f wrote:
Did you notice how well he recovered from that mistake and went after Tomac and drop Cianciarulo while riding so freaking great? I bet you don't...
Did you notice how well he recovered from that mistake and went after Tomac and drop Cianciarulo while riding so freaking great?

I bet you don't make mistakes while riding, or how they say around here... Do you even ride bro? haha
Lol.

I've been racing MX for 48 years, bro.

seth505
Fantasy
1048th
9/2/2020 4:38pm
Momus wrote:
Pakoyz250f wrote:
Did you notice how well he recovered from that mistake and went after Tomac and drop Cianciarulo while riding so freaking great? I bet you don't...

Momus wrote:
Lol.

Yet I'm willing to bet Barcia took that corner he almost stalled in faster than you would.Whistling
Spudnut
9/2/2020 4:45pm
Finally watched

Insane. Someone above said these are the motos that get people watching...totally agree
Wiff3
9/2/2020 4:48pm
Tomac did what Tomac usually does. He paced those guys for the first half of the race, then made a move to the front. The only difference in this race, was Barcia was riding the wheels off of his Yamaha. (seems like Villopoto helping with setup is a good thing).

It was awesome, even as a Tomac fan, to see Justing ride like that. It was also really good to see them give each other props afterwards.

That was some great racing!!
MotofactioN
9/2/2020 4:59pm
plowboy wrote:
Barcia is a lot like Hannah. You either love him or hate him. Dirty and mean or driven and uber competitive. I believe it's a little...
Barcia is a lot like Hannah. You either love him or hate him. Dirty and mean or driven and uber competitive. I believe it's a little of both...but either way...it gets you off your seat and screaming. That is kinda what we watch the races for...ain't it?
Momus wrote:
Are you a girl?
plowboy wrote:
I thought I was but just to be sure....I asked my wife to confirm. She said, "Get that fucking thing out of my face". I'm pretty...
I thought I was but just to be sure....I asked my wife to confirm. She said, "Get that fucking thing out of my face". I'm pretty sure I'm not a girl.
This is hilarious LaughingLaughingLaughingWoohoo
MotofactioN
9/2/2020 5:03pm
Barcia obviously has a lot more life of racing left in him after seeing stuff like this.
plowboy
9/2/2020 5:20pm
Barcia obviously has a lot more life of racing left in him after seeing stuff like this.
Let's hope you're right. If Bam Bam rides like he did last weekend...this season will be very entertaining.
Momus
9/2/2020 5:47pm
Pakoyz250f wrote:

Momus wrote:
Lol.

seth505 wrote:
Yet I'm willing to bet Barcia took that corner he almost stalled in faster than you would.Whistling
In understandable English, what?
Momus
9/2/2020 5:49pm
Wiff3 wrote:
Tomac did what Tomac usually does. He paced those guys for the first half of the race, then made a move to the front. The only...
Tomac did what Tomac usually does. He paced those guys for the first half of the race, then made a move to the front. The only difference in this race, was Barcia was riding the wheels off of his Yamaha. (seems like Villopoto helping with setup is a good thing).

It was awesome, even as a Tomac fan, to see Justing ride like that. It was also really good to see them give each other props afterwards.

That was some great racing!!
Villipoto?
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
9/2/2020 7:23pm
Momus wrote:
Lol.

seth505 wrote:
Momus wrote:
In understandable English, what?
Barcia = very fast
Momus = slow
KurtJ99
Fantasy
679th
9/2/2020 8:11pm
Contract year is a correlation to BamBam riding well. So is longer periods of being healthy and getting help on setup.
RalphS
9/2/2020 8:19pm
Momus wrote:
RalphS wrote:
I didn't mean it as a fact, I think I've seen that twice in the last decade if at all. We rarely see the fastest (personal...
CPR wrote:
Didn’t Musquin pull the fastest lap of the race on the last lap of moto 2 at Loretta’s just a week and a half ago ?
Can't recall and didn't check but it could very well be the case. It still was a mudder and track was drying, counts tho.
CPR
9/3/2020 4:03am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2020 4:04am
RalphS wrote:
CPR wrote:
RalphS wrote:
Can't recall and didn't check but it could very well be the case. It still was a mudder and track was drying, counts tho.
I checked since and yes his last lap was the fastest of the race, two seconds faster!

Post a reply to: Barcia was phenomenal yesterday

The Latest