Barcia trolling us about his forks: Air or Spring

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2021 8:22 PM

Barcia is being coy when asked about whether he's running air or spring forks, is he trolling us or does the KTM mothership prevent him from telling us he's running factory Xact cone valves.

Check out the 2:10 mark

|

1/7/2021 8:43 PM

Not sure I will be able to sleep tonight, not knowing?

|

1/7/2021 8:51 PM

Who cares? He might do well at H1, then he’ll start t-boning guys for 8th place like he has for the past five years.

|

1/7/2021 9:30 PM

The new WP air forks are really good when set up properly. My AER48s actually perform better than the valved Showa coil spring forks on my Kx450. I have SKF seals in my aer48s, but those AER CV's have much tighter clearances and even less stiction.

|

1/7/2021 9:43 PM

Dutch348 wrote:

Who cares? He might do well at H1, then he’ll start t-boning guys for 8th place like he has for the past five years.

So, you don't like the guy?

Got it.

ermm

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

1/7/2021 10:52 PM

Dutch348 wrote:

Photo
|

1/8/2021 12:08 AM

1911 wrote:

Not sure I will be able to sleep tonight, not knowing?

The suspense is killing me.

|

2022 MC350 - the daily, once it gets here
2004 RM144 - The princess
2003 RM250 - Play Bike

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Bike-Builds,46/2004-RM-Corona-build,1374304?exclusive_forum_user=false&page=3

1/8/2021 12:21 AM

Dutch348 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Got it.

ermm

For me it's not about dislike as much as reality of watching him race over the years and waning support.
Honestly think that red mist has gotten the better of him over the years and it's become hard to support 'cause it's only a matter of time till it happens again.

I'd like to see him pull off a solid season but I'm not putting money on it.

|

1/8/2021 1:40 AM

Dutch348 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Got it.

ermm

RaceFan wrote:

For me it's not about dislike as much as reality of watching him race over the years and waning support.
Honestly think that ...more

He went to team Honda under Bentley then under McCarthy at Yamaha, and he's never been known as a great test rider so I see better things under Harrison/Roger. Worth a loose $50 maybe.

|

1/8/2021 4:26 AM

Dutch348 wrote:

He's lucky the bosses at GasGas don't have your level of insight otherwise he'd be out of a job

|

1/8/2021 4:51 AM

I was under the assumption that pros actually like the airforks in SX, because of the hold-up / recovery of them? Didn't teams run a KYB air fork in SX for a while too?

|

1/8/2021 5:07 AM

Austrian brands holding onto the air fork like it’s the last piece of bread in a famine. Barcia knows the air forks are junk and gas gas told him to stay hush.

|

1/8/2021 5:32 AM

cloud41 wrote:

Austrian brands holding onto the air fork like it’s the last piece of bread in a famine. Barcia knows the air forks are junk ...more

Star racing is on air forks and has been since 2013.

|

1/8/2021 5:53 AM

cloud41 wrote:

Austrian brands holding onto the air fork like it’s the last piece of bread in a famine. Barcia knows the air forks are junk ...more

ML512 wrote:

Yes, this is what I was also alluding to.

|

1/8/2021 6:07 AM

cloud41 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Wow really?

|

1/8/2021 6:10 AM

What about that Air Shock Dungey was trying that one year?

|

1/8/2021 6:18 AM

What is the advantage of air shock?Less weight ,fine tuning,,better hold up....?!Curious to know.

|

1/8/2021 6:35 AM

cloud41 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Didn't you know, the stock Yamaha fork is the holy grail and it can't get any better? grin

|

1/8/2021 6:37 AM

seth505 wrote:

Didn't you know, the stock Yamaha fork is the holy grail and it can't get any better? grin

For production bikes, yes. Everyone knows.

|

1/8/2021 8:03 AM

All indications are that he is comfortable on the bike. I think his confidence level is very high and it will translate to running near the front more than he has recently. Expect him to air it out on occasion.... All of which is good for the sport. Who doesn't think there will be a lot of different winners this year?

Also, this year more than most in recent memory is going to come down to the starts. I don't see many riders starting outside the top 10 and charging to the front in these mains. Which contender starts consistent top 5? That guy is likely going to be in the championship hunt...

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

1/8/2021 8:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2021 8:22 AM

cloud41 wrote:

Is this is a similar situation to the Japanese manufacturers and aluminum frames?

|

1/8/2021 8:50 AM

cloud41 wrote:

Why would they change?

It's cheaper, lighter, is one of the better performing forks in the field, and their spring fork was an absolute turd.

|

1/8/2021 9:35 AM

He said he’s Breathing Air...

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

1/8/2021 9:48 AM

cloud41 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

What you said there is what made me go to kyb kit air forks and they are unbelievable!

|

2015 Husqvarna FE501s
2020 KTM 250xc
2019 Yamaha YZ250F

1/8/2021 9:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2021 10:07 AM

Not sure about his suspension, but will he be as good at H1 as he is at A1? w00t laughing

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by @moto_memess

|

1/8/2021 10:02 AM

cloud41 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

vdrsnk04 wrote:

What you said there is what made me go to kyb kit air forks and they are unbelievable!

I have a 7 year old KX450 with KYB Airs on it by PC...all my friends that ride it say the forks are amazing.

Then I tell them they’re Air Forks!

silly

|

1/8/2021 10:09 AM

ML512 wrote:

vdrsnk04 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

I have a 7 year old KX450 with KYB Airs on it by PC...all my friends that ride it say the forks are amazing.

Then I tell ...more

But I understand that KYB airs couldn't be more diferent than the other airs internally? I mean, my '14 kawi was't bad until heat made presure go up...

With the wp, I never could gel with it. I had a '16 don't know abot the new version.

|

1/8/2021 10:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2021 10:22 AM

vdrsnk04 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Then I tell ...more

mmcmx wrote:

But I understand that KYB airs couldn't be more diferent than the other airs internally? I mean, my '14 kawi was't bad until ...more

The new AER forks are excellent.

|

1/8/2021 10:39 AM

I can’t complain about the forks on my 350, feel as good as anything else I’ve ever run, maybe better. And just pumping some air in/out instead of changing springs is ace.

I might change my mind after having some more hours on them but right now air makes sense.

|

1/8/2021 11:25 AM

I do not care for the AER air forks... I’m quite confident he is using the 52mm Cone Valve spring forks. They might have a different mid valve than a cone but I’m pretty sure they’re not air....

|