Barcia to Sit Out Remaining Three Supercross Races

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
PR...

Monster Energy Yamaha Factory Racing Team rider Justin Barcia will sit out the remaining three rounds of the 2019 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship to spend the time needed to return to full fitness.

Barcia made a valiant comeback from a training crash in late February, but unfortunately, nagging injuries remained. The Supercross season-opening Anaheim 1 winner has yet to return to 100% fitness and after consulting with his doctor and the team, the decision was made to focus on healing those injuries as a priority.

Josh Grant will continue racing the Monster Energy Yamaha Factory Racing #33 YZ450F.

Jim Perry - “Monster Energy Supercross is a demanding series, racing every weekend. Justin has been battling injuries from the midpoint of the season and needs the time to recover and heal up. Sitting out the final three events is a hard call, however, getting back to 100%, the place he started the season is the number-one goal. It will be a bummer not seeing the #51 YZ450F line up at the gate this weekend, but we will continue moving forward supporting Josh Grant for the final three events.”

Justin Barcia - “At this point, it seems that the best thing to do is to let my body recover. I’m just going to keep on training, skip the last few Supercross races and let my body heal up. Thinking about that now, I probably should have done that a few weeks ago because I was injured already but I really wanted to be at the Supercross race with my team and fans and put on a good showing. For right now, I’m going to regroup and be ready for the first Outdoor.”
|
level
4/10/2019 4:55pm
They have to do something about all the injuries in this sport. Just out of hand but I started another thread on that already so just beating a dead horse. Just frustrates me. Near the end of the season and about 10 or more top riders out. It’s not good for the fans either.
kpiper
4/10/2019 4:59pm
Barcia is becoming one of those riders who always gets hurt. Bad luck. Hopefully, he will be 100% for the Nationals.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
4/10/2019 5:02pm
So hes sitting out supercross to be 100% for the outdoors? I can get behind that, hope he heals up quick.
4/10/2019 5:17pm
Terrible press release. No description of injuries. We all know there are wrist issues, why can we not have transparent PR?

The Shop

peltier626
4/10/2019 5:25pm
level wrote:
They have to do something about all the injuries in this sport. Just out of hand but I started another thread on that already so just...
They have to do something about all the injuries in this sport. Just out of hand but I started another thread on that already so just beating a dead horse. Just frustrates me. Near the end of the season and about 10 or more top riders out. It’s not good for the fans either.
Hopefully with the resurgence of the 125's (all star's), this might be the beginning of the end for the behemoth aka 450's. That is the first step to a reduction of injury's.
Mr. Info
4/10/2019 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2019 5:28pm
Does anyone see the same thing year after year with SX. Teams either lose 1 or 2 players and have to bring a privateer in to finish. What's the cost to the Factory or the Rider and how many lose a whole year or more to healing up. Asking for a friend. If this was Horse Racing they would have put a lot of Horses down this year.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
4/10/2019 5:48pm
level wrote:
They have to do something about all the injuries in this sport. Just out of hand but I started another thread on that already so just...
I don’t want to jinx it but this has been one of the best years for injuries. Hopefully we make it through the next three races then nearly every top guy will be healthy for Motocross obviously with Anderson Barcia recovering for MX.
Trevor91
4/10/2019 9:25pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Does anyone see the same thing year after year with SX. Teams either lose 1 or 2 players and have to bring a privateer in to...
Does anyone see the same thing year after year with SX. Teams either lose 1 or 2 players and have to bring a privateer in to finish. What's the cost to the Factory or the Rider and how many lose a whole year or more to healing up. Asking for a friend. If this was Horse Racing they would have put a lot of Horses down this year.
LOL
FI2T
4/10/2019 9:27pm
Good deal! Barcia being mid pack riding around injured is a total waste. Hope he comes out healthy and swinging for outdoors!
WeiserGuy
4/10/2019 9:46pm
RV2, RV2, RV2, RV2!

Come on Poto we would love to see you throw down again. Peoples champ, fastest retired guy needs to get his ass a summer job and Make Factory Yamaha Great Again.

Tumblin
4/10/2019 9:58pm
Another rider not in the way of the Web Wagon kinda sucks for any drama. Still thats a smart move for the blue crew. Riding at their level...on a missile...in the circus...not in the points...wounded for the umpteenth year just can't be something to look forward to.
jbrown15
4/10/2019 10:06pm
Terrible press release. No description of injuries. We all know there are wrist issues, why can we not have transparent PR?
Didn’t he also have a couple back to back concussions? If he did I’d be more worried about that then his wrist.
jeffro503
4/10/2019 10:29pm
kpiper wrote:
Barcia is becoming one of those riders who always gets hurt. Bad luck. Hopefully, he will be 100% for the Nationals.
Possibly? But I see a dude that gives it his all every single time he's out there. He has had some tough falls this season , and he keeps coming back. I think this is a wise decision on Yamaha's and Justin's part. Heal up , and get ready for outdoors. He can't do much indoors right now , so why not?
4/11/2019 5:10am
jbrown15 wrote:
Didn’t he also have a couple back to back concussions? If he did I’d be more worried about that then his wrist.
Yeah good point, but how do we know for certain if they don’t give any description of injuries
motomike137
4/11/2019 5:22am
Bummed for his SX season but hopefully he is healed up for Motocross. I love how hard he rides and he usually shreds at Reddddddddd Buddddddddddd!!!
kiwifan
4/11/2019 9:14pm
Knobbyjake wrote:
The blue ball breaker strikes again.
Personally, I think we all need to stop blaming the bike brands for injuries
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
4/11/2019 10:11pm
good. hes hit the ground one too many times to keep trying right now
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
4/12/2019 3:40am
Stewart, Reed and Brayton are the only guys I can think of that got hurt badly during a race. None of those guys race outdoors anyways. Anderson and Barcia will both be back for outdoors.
JustMX
4/12/2019 5:20am
jbrown15 wrote:
Yeah good point, but how do we know for certain if they don’t give any description of injuries
Give it a rest man.

Why do they owe you a detailed explanation?

Are you going to lose sleep unless you see x rays or a mri?

Maybe he has inflamtion of the middle finger and his PR people told him it would be better if he didn't show it to people. perhaps he should make an exception for you.

Post a reply to: Barcia to Sit Out Remaining Three Supercross Races

The Latest