Barcia to Gas Gas?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2020 6:35 AM

On the Moto 60 show yesterday Matthes said he had heard Barcia to GasGas looked promising. Anyone else have anymore information about this? What team will it be, TLD? If that is the case does anyone know what the structure of that will look like? Does all the KTM 250 guys go back under the Red Bull Factory KTM team?

|

8/21/2020 6:41 AM

Tate517 wrote:

On the Moto 60 show yesterday Matthes said he had heard Barcia to GasGas looked promising. Anyone else have anymore information about this? What team will it be, TLD? If that is the case does anyone know what the structure of that will look like? Does all the KTM 250 guys go back under the Red Bull Factory KTM team?

I bet that would be a good bike for him as well.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

8/21/2020 6:47 AM

Myke wrote:

I bet that would be a good bike for him as well.

A keen marketeer can clearly see the synergy between the Gas Gas branding and his throttle control method.

|

8/21/2020 6:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2020 6:50 AM

"Bam Bam to Gas Gas" I can see the Vital thread now.....
|

"Who cares about what other people think"

8/21/2020 7:07 AM

Myke wrote: "Bam Bam to Gas Gas" I can see the Vital thread now.....

Bam Bam to Gas Gas a Go Go or a No No...

|

8/21/2020 7:11 AM

Didn’t KTM want Barcia at one point but Roger wasn’t for it? Kinda makes sense, one of the fastest free agents and if a new team is forming they’ll need riders. Also curious what the team will be, who’s the sponsor etc. Bang Energy GasGas? grin

|

8/21/2020 7:20 AM

Be cool to see Malcom on GasGas.

|

8/21/2020 7:26 AM

Bam Bam has Gas Gas!

|

8/21/2020 7:38 AM

RMATV Gas Gas?

|

8/21/2020 7:42 AM

aeffertz wrote:

Didn’t KTM want Barcia at one point but Roger wasn’t for it? Kinda makes sense, one of the fastest free agents and if a new team is forming they’ll need riders. Also curious what the team will be, who’s the sponsor etc. Bang Energy GasGas? grin

Don’t think it was Roger...

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


8/21/2020 7:43 AM

aeffertz wrote:

Didn’t KTM want Barcia at one point but Roger wasn’t for it? Kinda makes sense, one of the fastest free agents and if a new team is forming they’ll need riders. Also curious what the team will be, who’s the sponsor etc. Bang Energy GasGas? grin

Crush wrote:

Don’t think it was Roger...

It was Red Bull

|

8/21/2020 7:57 AM

aeffertz wrote:

Didn’t KTM want Barcia at one point but Roger wasn’t for it? Kinda makes sense, one of the fastest free agents and if a new team is forming they’ll need riders. Also curious what the team will be, who’s the sponsor etc. Bang Energy GasGas? grin

Crush wrote:

Don’t think it was Roger...

GrapeApe wrote:

It was Red Bull

Ahh okay. I remember there being a disinterest from someone on that team.

On the show JT and Steve’s mentioned he wouldn’t be able to run his AStars gear anymore, so the team already has an exclusive gear deal set up too.

|

8/21/2020 8:35 AM

TLD Gas Gas... Stamp it!

|

8/21/2020 8:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2020 8:54 AM

If he can get some starts he'll get them on the podium. Too many hard charger awards and not enough podiums. I don't see why Decoster doesn't like him, his fitness has been good all year.

|

8/21/2020 8:56 AM

Also he liked coldenhofs pic on instagram!! Proof!!!

|

8/21/2020 9:00 AM

Crush wrote:

Don’t think it was Roger...

GrapeApe wrote:

It was Red Bull

aeffertz wrote:

Ahh okay. I remember there being a disinterest from someone on that team.

On the show JT and Steve’s mentioned he wouldn’t be able to run his AStars gear anymore, so the team already has an exclusive gear deal set up too.

That begs the question, is Red Bull no longer going to be with TLD or did they reverse course on Barcia? Why do I get the feeling this will be another Monster team? Red Bull KTM, Rockstar Husky, Monster Gas Gas. Ralph will have fun with that last one.

|

8/21/2020 9:13 AM

Tate517 wrote:

On the Moto 60 show yesterday Matthes said he had heard Barcia to GasGas looked promising. Anyone else have anymore information about this? What team will it be, TLD? If that is the case does anyone know what the structure of that will look like? Does all the KTM 250 guys go back under the Red Bull Factory KTM team?

Myke wrote:

I bet that would be a good bike for him as well.

He already looks comfortable

|

8/21/2020 9:16 AM

imoto31 wrote:

TLD Gas Gas... Stamp it!

i doubt it... most manufacturers dont strive to be what TLD have been the past couple years..

Dont know what the issues are over there.. but theres got to be a few.. seems like the train has been off the tracks for 2 years over there.

|

8/21/2020 9:39 AM

Well, he'd finally have access to a 350 he could "rev the tits off"........w00t

Nope, That isn't going to happen - the '350' thing. Gas Gas - well, yes, KTM,KTHusky and KTGG, could well make up about 80% of the US top 10, with that many seats available for filling.

|

8/21/2020 9:40 AM

imoto31 wrote:

TLD Gas Gas... Stamp it!

I think you're right...

|

8/21/2020 9:48 AM

so uh..are these just red ktms or are they different bikes?

|

8/21/2020 9:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2020 9:58 AM

Gas Gas, Gas Monkey Energy Racing

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

8/21/2020 10:05 AM

I'll take it!

Love the looks of the GasGas bikes, and seems to work well for Coldenhoff.

Photo

Photo

|

United States of America

8/21/2020 10:38 AM

I hope they don't sign Barcia. He can be fast, but is not very consistent in his finishing positions. He may be the best available option to get some results right now, I just would rather see Savagty in that spot, he isn't any more consistent but a healthy Savagty is faster than Barcia most days.
Maybe they sign them both, who knows.

So what happens to Forrest Butlers team? Are they staying a KTM satellite team? I thought they would be a shoe in for the Gas Gas deal.

|

8/21/2020 10:45 AM

yurcho44 wrote:

Be cool to see Malcom on GasGas.

Everyone thinks it would be cool to see malcolm on every bike and team ever made.

|

8/21/2020 10:47 AM

yurcho44 wrote:

Be cool to see Malcom on GasGas.

agn5009 wrote:

Everyone thinks it would be cool to see malcolm on every bike and team ever made.

Blue bike ? wink

|

8/21/2020 10:58 AM

deluxeman wrote:

I hope they don't sign Barcia. He can be fast, but is not very consistent in his finishing positions. He may be the best available option to get some results right now, I just would rather see Savagty in that spot, he isn't any more consistent but a healthy Savagty is faster than Barcia most days.
Maybe they sign them both, who knows.

So what happens to Forrest Butlers team? Are they staying a KTM satellite team? I thought they would be a shoe in for the Gas Gas deal.

What happened last weekend?

|

8/21/2020 11:08 AM

yurcho44 wrote:

Be cool to see Malcom on GasGas.

agn5009 wrote:

Everyone thinks it would be cool to see malcolm on every bike and team ever made.

langhammx wrote:

Blue bike ? wink

That’s what I was thinking. I’d like to see it

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

8/21/2020 11:21 AM

Myke wrote: "Bam Bam to Gas Gas" I can see the Vital thread now.....

BamBam on the GasGas.... God damn Ralph will have a fucking field day with that one.

|

8/21/2020 11:21 AM

I see Barcia racing two more years in the U.S. then heading to GPs, since he mentioned wanting to move to Europe.

|