Barcia takes out Sexton

Sully
9/9/2020 7:25pm
There's a lot of 20/20 hindsight in this thread...
Crush
9/9/2020 7:47pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2020 7:49pm
seth505 wrote:
Pause it at like 22 sec. or just watch it several times. Dude is leaned over shredding the shit out of that rut yet people still...
Pause it at like 22 sec. or just watch it several times. Dude is leaned over shredding the shit out of that rut yet people still think he was trying to bash into Sexton...
peelout wrote:
exactly

these guys don't ride in slow-motion or with instant replay. sometimes shit happens fast, like in the 2nd corner of the 450 moto for instance
That's true... but he also has a history of doing dumb shit, like looking for contact... and then shit flows downhill.

He's so talented, at least as talented as Ken and Eli – why isn't he a multi-time champ like them?

Consistently poor racing decisions and rides in a way that puts him at a disadvantage – leads to injuries, poor performances and limited team choices etc...

I don't think he even knows he does it or can change. He's like a bull, he sees a bike and goes for blood. Look at his efforts with AC this year, literally initiating contact or trying too when it wasn't on. Or Fucks with Bowers and Bowers breaks his leg.

He always say "yeah I don't know..." always. Call it rubbin's racing if you will, but there is a time and a place, and again, he's at least as talented as his two big classmates and has nothing to show for it.

str8line
9/9/2020 7:57pm
seth505 wrote:
Pause it at like 22 sec. or just watch it several times. Dude is leaned over shredding the shit out of that rut yet people still...
Pause it at like 22 sec. or just watch it several times. Dude is leaned over shredding the shit out of that rut yet people still think he was trying to bash into Sexton...
peelout wrote:
exactly

these guys don't ride in slow-motion or with instant replay. sometimes shit happens fast, like in the 2nd corner of the 450 moto for instance
Crush wrote:
That's true... but he also has a history of doing dumb shit, like looking for contact... and then shit flows downhill. He's so talented, at least...
That's true... but he also has a history of doing dumb shit, like looking for contact... and then shit flows downhill.

He's so talented, at least as talented as Ken and Eli – why isn't he a multi-time champ like them?

Consistently poor racing decisions and rides in a way that puts him at a disadvantage – leads to injuries, poor performances and limited team choices etc...

I don't think he even knows he does it or can change. He's like a bull, he sees a bike and goes for blood. Look at his efforts with AC this year, literally initiating contact or trying too when it wasn't on. Or Fucks with Bowers and Bowers breaks his leg.

He always say "yeah I don't know..." always. Call it rubbin's racing if you will, but there is a time and a place, and again, he's at least as talented as his two big classmates and has nothing to show for it.

You bring up a good point. I agree that he can't control himself. It's ingrained after a lifetime of bam-bamming.
FARANG
9/9/2020 8:06pm
Barcia is talented but he's too aggressive IMO.

What's really annoying is that he cries when he gets it back.

The Shop

Brent
9/9/2020 8:18pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2020 8:23pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Sexton overrides it a bit, pushes the front wheel and ends up cutting back to his left. If he stays on trajectory they end up super...
Sexton overrides it a bit, pushes the front wheel and ends up cutting back to his left. If he stays on trajectory they end up super close but no one goes down. Not Barcia's fault at all.

"Not Barcia's fault at all"

Yes, he's always a good boy that respects clean racing. /S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=43&v=0PF0m7CQoTE&feature=em…

https://youtu.be/kpmrcQRbTT0
Lukass59
9/9/2020 8:44pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Sexton overrides it a bit, pushes the front wheel and ends up cutting back to his left. If he stays on trajectory they end up super...
Sexton overrides it a bit, pushes the front wheel and ends up cutting back to his left. If he stays on trajectory they end up super close but no one goes down. Not Barcia's fault at all.
Brent wrote:

Does anyone remember how dumb and shocked he acted when they asked him about that on the podium??

His reactions are really what make me dislike him
NoonMoon
9/9/2020 9:45pm
sdmx wrote:
I agree, but Barcia sure seems to have more "racing incidents" than the rest of the current racers.
"I agree, but Barcia sure seems to have more "racing incidents" than the rest of the current racers put together."

Fixed
Sully
9/9/2020 10:23pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Brent wrote:

A history of questionable/stupid stuff doesn't automatically make him wrong in the Sexton incident. Seems to me that your dislike of Barcia is only letting you see this one way...
wardy
9/9/2020 11:17pm
all good. If that happened to me. Bam Bam would be on the receiving end of the next encounter.

Chase doesn't ride that way never has. but I don't think he will allow that kind of thing either.

biased hell yes. but in this sport riders have to secure their place, and if that means a little push back has to happen then it needs done. So the NEXT time they will think twice about that chit.

there is way to much talent in that whole group for that kind of thing to happen. we are just seeing history repeating it's self with the 51 yamaha.
Brent
9/9/2020 11:50pm
Sully wrote:
A history of questionable/stupid stuff doesn't automatically make him wrong in the Sexton incident. Seems to me that your dislike of Barcia is only letting you...
A history of questionable/stupid stuff doesn't automatically make him wrong in the Sexton incident. Seems to me that your dislike of Barcia is only letting you see this one way...
personally he seems like a nice kid the couple times I’ve spoken with him very briefly over the years.

I don’t dislike him, I just think his race craft is careless for his very high level of talent, and he puts himself and other riders in harms way.

Justin is a 10 year pro but races like a rookie 250 guy just out of the amateurs..
Sully
9/10/2020 12:30am
Brent wrote:
personally he seems like a nice kid the couple times I’ve spoken with him very briefly over the years. I don’t dislike him, I just think...
personally he seems like a nice kid the couple times I’ve spoken with him very briefly over the years.

I don’t dislike him, I just think his race craft is careless for his very high level of talent, and he puts himself and other riders in harms way.

Justin is a 10 year pro but races like a rookie 250 guy just out of the amateurs..
"Justin is a 10 year pro but races like a rookie 250 guy just out of the amateurs.."

That doesn't make him automatically the at fault party in this incident, though. Like I said originally, it looks to me like Sexton bounced off the berm, which caused him to cut into Barcia's line and they both went down. Total racing incident.
agn5009
9/10/2020 1:02am
Brent wrote:
personally he seems like a nice kid the couple times I’ve spoken with him very briefly over the years. I don’t dislike him, I just think...

Sully wrote:
[I]"Justin is a 10 year pro but races like a rookie 250 guy just out of the amateurs.."[/I] That doesn't make him automatically the at fault...
"Justin is a 10 year pro but races like a rookie 250 guy just out of the amateurs.."

That doesn't make him automatically the at fault party in this incident, though. Like I said originally, it looks to me like Sexton bounced off the berm, which caused him to cut into Barcia's line and they both went down. Total racing incident.
I dont care either way but I have no clue what you're seeing. Blaming Chase in any way is just stupid.
TXDirt
9/10/2020 2:14am
It’s just racing. But.... if I’m Sexton or AC9 I’m remembering these moves and would definitely put him on the ground next chance I get. Why? Because that’s just part of racing. I have zero issues with Barcias moves, and I will also have no issue when it’s his turn. It’s all fair game.

It’s not show friends it’s show business.
Sully
9/10/2020 2:54am
agn5009 wrote:
I dont care either way but I have no clue what you're seeing. Blaming Chase in any way is just stupid.
Huh? I didn’t ‘blame’ him for anything, I said he bounced off of the berm, which happens sometimes. Again, total racing incident.
245MX
Fantasy
678th
9/10/2020 3:20am
Whatever Barcia's intentions were he still took himself out and nearly got run over so it was a pretty dumb move all round.
9/10/2020 3:37am Edited Date/Time 9/10/2020 3:37am
When Barcia was on Pulp they asked him about that last lap at Ironman when he was trying to catch Tomac. He said outright that he didn't even really know what he was doing, he just had it pinned and was going for it.

I think that's part of what makes some of these guys champions is the fact they can ride at that level but still have a clear mind. If you're going for it as hard as you can to where all you see is red...things are just going to happen, as they do with Barcia. He isn't analyzing on that turn with Sexton..."oh if I go a little wide I may bump him and he/we may go down." That dude has adrenaline filled eyes seeing red pinned going for it as hard as he can. He doesn't care about the outcome, he just pins it.

In races in the past I have gotten in this position where I know at any time I may have a catastrophic failure because I was riding way over my head...but sometimes it got me a win...sometimes it put me on the ground. That's where I agree with whoever said he still kind of rides like a 250 rookie. I love to watch it! But instead of poetry in motion its more like destruction in motion..like the little Decepticon robot in the box in Transformers that they transformed from a Nokia cell phone. Woohoo

I ain't gonna lie though like I've said before...its super fun to see him when he is on/over the edge like that! The minefield comment is the most accurate I could think of.
hamncheeze
9/10/2020 9:59am
Sully wrote:
Huh? I didn’t ‘blame’ him for anything, I said he bounced off of the berm, which happens sometimes. Again, total racing incident.
When every poster has some form of bias in this thread there is no such thing as a racing incident. Classic Vital.
hamncheeze
9/10/2020 10:00am
That was payback for Daytona 2013 when Barcia took out Malcolm.
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
9/10/2020 12:53pm
agn5009 wrote:
Sully wrote:
How can you say Chase ended up in Barcia's line? Barcia crossed like 3 ruts and when they made contact Sexton was on the outside edge of the track. Are we watching the same replay?

Post a reply to: Barcia takes out Sexton

The Latest